PDA

View Full Version : this really ****es me off..............and it will u too

marinefamily5
06-15-06, 08:51 AM
I got this in one of my groups along with the attachment and it just made me <br />
want to look up there damn phone number and give them a piece on my mind. <br />
here is the attachment that was in one of the...

OLE SARG
06-15-06, 09:20 AM
I sent this "rag" my regards!!! I think they will sense that I was a little upset with their "cartoon".

SEMPER FI,

marinefamily5
06-15-06, 09:30 AM
Here is some contact information for everyone............

Contacting The Arizona Republic

Headquarters
Our main offices are in downtown Phoenix.

The Arizona Republic
200 E. Van Buren Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004 [ Map it ]

Main Switchboard
(602) 444-8000
(800) 331-9303 outside the Phoenix metro area

Circulation/newspaper delivery
To start, stop or suspend newspaper delivery, call (602) 444-1000 or (800) 332-6733 from outside the Phoenix area. You can also order delivery, do some account maintenance, and find out other information about the circulation department here.

Marine84
06-15-06, 09:54 AM
thanks.................ya'll know I'm gonna have something to say

Camper51
06-15-06, 10:33 AM
You people are slow. I sent Mr. Benson, the artist, a piece of my mind last week. I hope every Marine does the same...

rb1651
06-15-06, 10:44 AM
I sent one earlier also, and now I'll send a little note to the newspaper and let them know my feelings about them publishing this s**t.

Deduke
06-15-06, 11:29 AM
Just sent this :

Editor, Arizona Republic;

Many years ago, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and to bear true faith and allegience to it. It is, therefore, my duty and my obligation to defend your freedom of speech and freedom of the press.
On June 7 , you chose to display your utter contempt of the United States Marine Corps by slandering and desecrating our beloved Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.
Your rights were given freely by God 231 years ago. Your rights have been freely protected and defended by United States Marines for 232 years. That is correct, there was a Marine Corps before there was a United States. For it's entire existence, Marines have been America's Dogs of War, shabbily treated, underfunded, and yet the first to fight.
Perhaps it was Marines for whom Katherine L. Bates and Samuel Ward wrote the lines "...who more than self their country loved, and mercy more than life..." That is from America the Beautiful. You might want to check it out sometime.
It was my honor to earn the title of United States Marine, and to defend your way of life. Please continue to stand behind our flag and your rights. We, however, will continue to stand in front of that flag, and to protect it from ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic.

Semper Fi
Deduke

ggyoung
06-15-06, 11:59 AM
My Marine son tells me that everyone at MCAS Yuma is wanting a 96 hr. pass to take care of things up north.

marinefamily5
06-15-06, 12:02 PM
O I bet. I would be the same way if I was out there.

aaron1965
06-15-06, 12:05 PM
It is obvious this jack@$$ has never been in the military. What he did goes way beyond cowardice.

aaron1965
06-15-06, 12:20 PM
Just sent this: <br />
<br />
Mr. Benson, <br />
<br />
I am writing you in response to your unscrupulous and uncalled for cartoon desecrating the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. This symbol represents countless lives spent...

mikegusmc
06-15-06, 03:04 PM
here is the little ****birds e-mail address: steve.benson@arizonarepublic.com

I just sent this out to about 50 of my Marine brothers. enjoy sending him an e-mail of your own

marinegreen
06-15-06, 03:13 PM
What ! What ! What ! has this maggot been smoking, this Marinegreen Marine is livid upon hearing of this. He wouldnt be the 1st schmuck to recieve a pultzer on whatever the fuq they call em.Would love to see this nasty pic and if found plez keep posting his email address. But remember my BROTHERS/SISTERS, When the time comes SHOW TACT as we dont want him to say, see I TOLD YOU SOOOOOO senerio, lets show him how he muddie his own name. SF

marinegreen
06-15-06, 03:15 PM
DAMMIT !!!!!! I just seen his whole email address and now I know why, I have lived in AZ. and that paper is communist anyway:mad: :no:

Bachle
06-15-06, 03:50 PM
heres what I wrote him

Kind of ironic isn’t it Mr. Benson, that you insult the very institution that protects your free speech to this day and earned with its blood the right for you to slander their good name. Are you aware that the situation that you have so tactlessly chosen to satire happens to be an ongoing military investigation, and that though evidence may be leaning to the guilty verdict, in the American criminal justice system all suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty? Oh yes that was very clever, united states massacre cover up, U.S.M.C. how long did it take you to think that one up? What gives you the right to judge those men, you weren’t there, you have no idea what went down at haditha more than any other moron who knows how to turn on cnn. Yes how brave and original of you, that’s never been done before speaking out against the war. News flash buddy, the war is over, the only thing our troops are still doing in Iraq is trying to rebuild the countries infrastructure so that when we eventually leave millions don’t die. You know what I think, I think you really don’t care. You will produce whatever sick and twisted piece of filth that you need to stir controversy and get peoples attention. You are a shameless self promoter and if you have any decency in your no doubt putrid soul you will remove that cartoon immediately.

marinegreen
06-15-06, 03:59 PM
Wording doesnt get any better then what you wrote to the sorry excuse of human parts Bachle,we salute you. I'm writting a rough copy now and I too will also be voicing myself to him as I hope more of the Brother/sisterhood will follow suit and hopefully we'll get him to retract and apologize, but maybe he is jumping on the coulter/sheehan I WANT FAME BANDWAGON.

mikegusmc
06-15-06, 04:32 PM
ok you twisted my arm.... here is what he got from this Grunt

Steve,

Just looked up your DOD file... guess what YOU DON'T HAVE ONE!! Me I have a DOD file. I Honorably served in the USMC. I served my country so that little pukes like you can slander my country and Marine Corps. Enjoy your freedom because it was bought and paid for by myself and my brother Marines. The ultimate price was paid by those who are no longer here, they gave their lives for these freedoms. Would you do the same? I doubt it.

I am sure you are getting a whole bunch of fan mail from Marines and former Marines on this so I hope you enjoy it. My personal list of Marines is over 50. So I am sure you will be hearing from my group.

I hope to read about you in the news someday. hopefully it will be about your Pulitzer prize being jammed somewhere that is biologically impossible to be jammed.

ggyoung
06-15-06, 04:35 PM
While at afternoon coffee this afternoon I was telling a Marine buddy of mine (1956-60) about this and he told me that this bennson guy is the brother of our little 2 year collage here in ( Snow Collage in Ephraim,Utah) presadent. I just might see if I can talk to him. It just ****es me off even more now. This guy is the grandson of E.T. Bennson the sec. of ag. ( you know,,farming) that kind. I think it wwas during the Ike years. I don't know what to tell my Marine son about this.

Ironrider
06-15-06, 06:05 PM
Already fired one off.:flag:

luvmipapa
06-15-06, 09:24 PM
To all that have responded or think you should please read this first, with an open mind.
AS I sat and read this, I have surmized that all MARINES that have voiced your thoughts about the political cartoonist rendering of the EGA and claiming cover up, have succeded in strokeing his ego, We know that this is not the first time something like this has happened in our military, nor will it be the last, Had this person taken the AMERICAN FLAG and showed blood running through the stripes would not of created much of a public reaction,but in order for the ego to be shattered I believe that one letter should be written requesting that a retraction be made and an apology be issued to all MARINES, that such a letter should come from the Commandant himself. I am sending this to his office shortly after I finish this.
While all of us would like to take his head from his shoulders and instruct him on the proper technique of doing a self examination from the inside out. We as MARINES would only prove his point and satisfy his ego.

marinefamily5
06-15-06, 09:52 PM
Sir, I completely agree with you after thinking about it more and reading what you had to say about it.

booksbenji
06-16-06, 12:16 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30808

Cpljamie
06-16-06, 09:28 PM
My reply to the crap a liberal, godless, commie pig put into a newspaper! <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Mr. Benson, <br />
How could you? The eagle, globe, and anchor of the United States Marine Corps Has defended...

semperfiman
06-16-06, 11:43 PM
i aint ****ing laughing i'm ****ed

jennifer
06-17-06, 04:10 AM
Sir,
I would really appreciate it if you did that for us and please let us know the status of this once you receive it. Thank you SIR!!
To all that have responded or think you should please read this first, with an open mind.
AS I sat and read this, I have surmized that all MARINES that have voiced your thoughts about the political cartoonist rendering of the EGA and claiming cover up, have succeded in strokeing his ego, We know that this is not the first time something like this has happened in our military, nor will it be the last, Had this person taken the AMERICAN FLAG and showed blood running through the stripes would not of created much of a public reaction,but in order for the ego to be shattered I believe that one letter should be written requesting that a retraction be made and an apology be issued to all MARINES, that such a letter should come from the Commandant himself. I am sending this to his office shortly after I finish this.
While all of us would like to take his head from his shoulders and instruct him on the proper technique of doing a self examination from the inside out. We as MARINES would only prove his point and satisfy his ego.

marinegreen
06-17-06, 04:15 AM
I also sent off a letter to the CMC, For this sorry excuse of afterbirth to slam the worlds finest, he needs to have his communist arse kicked.But for some of you that dont know,The ARIZONA REBULIC is a communist newspaper.

redneck13
06-17-06, 01:58 PM
:mad: :evilgrin: :flag: I am a medically disabled Vietnam Combat UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS Veteran. I am appalled, offended with your malicious, insidious, unwarranted, degrading, demoralizing,...

rb1651
06-17-06, 04:21 PM
Glad ya held back, wind'nface. LMAO!!!!

redneck13
06-17-06, 06:00 PM
:evilgrin: :flag: :!: Yeah, I was in a 'GOOD MOOD FOR ONCE." LOL....If I had my way, I'd give those Marine's at YMCAS, all the liberty they needed to find this pc of garbage and well what ever would happen to him, "TOO BAD!!" And I thank you for your nice comments. SF Brother
Glad ya held back, wind'nface. LMAO!!!!

06-18-06, 12:53 AM
Just For Information: Marine's Don't Go Postal, Why, Because They Are Marines. The Brotherhood For Which We Serve And Served Is Forever In "our" Blood. This Turd Best Be Watching Over His Shoulder For It Won't Be A Postman, It Could Possible Be One Of Our Brothers. Unless One Knows The Circumstances, Ye Best Not Judge. I Suggest A Respectful Apology To The Corps And All Marines Here And Departed

06-18-06, 01:03 AM
Just For Information: Marine's Don't Go Postal, Why, Because They Are Marines. The Brotherhood For Which We Serve And Served Is Forever In "our" Blood. This Turd Best Be Watching Over His Shoulder For It Won't Be A Postman, It Could Possible Be One Of Our Brothers. Unless One Knows The Circumstances, Ye Best Not Judge. I Suggest A Respectful Apology To The Corps And All Marines Here And Departed

My father-in-law served in the Corps during WWII and on IWO and Guadalcanal. I joined the Corps in 1961 to follow in his footsteps and my cousin who joined. I served from 18Sep61 to 17Sep71. I would not have traded the experience for anything in the world. SEMPER FI. :flag: :usmc: :iwo:

DevilDogHEMech
06-18-06, 04:56 AM
Here is a link to other "clever cartoons" Benson has drawn lately. Keep contacting him about this crap Marines. Semper Fidelis

http://www.arizonarepublic.com/opinions/benson/

:flag:

redneck13
06-18-06, 11:22 AM
:flag: :idea: :thumbup: Yes, I agree to some degree that with our writing to this nimrod, we have possibly boosted his ego. Yet even so, we can't sit idily by without letting our Marine voices be heard!! Otherwise, his ego might get even bigger and would think that, "HMMM?" "I GUESS THIS DIDN'T OFFEND ANYONE, I'LL DO A BETTER ONE." Just as a thought in passing on my part. It's sad too, that you made a good point about the American Flag, with blood running down it. WE Marine's would be probably the only ones who would've responded to this idiot. Yet, as I have said, Myself? I can't let this just go by without some comment to the knothead. In either case, I think we've made our point, and I disagree with one post here that "Marine's don't go Postal." We can't as one, or many go out and committ acts that HE would really like to see, which of course is what Marines would really like to do. Then his point would be made very clear, and that's just my 2 cents, with respect. SF