PDA

View Full Version : "Old Corps Marines"

thedrifter
12-22-02, 08:03 AM
OLD CORPS MARINES . . .

Unknown Author

1. Can cuss for ten minutes without ever repeating a word.
2. Have a spine.
3. Can play a cherry Lieutenant like a finely tuned instrument.
4. Can see in the Dark.
5. Have eyes in the back of their heads.
6. Still don't trust the Russians.
7. Still hate the French.
8. Don't know how to be politically correct.
9. Don't give a damn about being politically correct.
10. Think that "politically correct" should fall under "sodomy" in the UCMJ.
11. Love deployments because there is less paperwork and more "real work."
12. Can run 4 miles with a hangover.
13. Do not fear women in the military.
14. Would actually like to date G.I. Jane.
15. Still know how to use a buffer.
16. Can tell you anything you want to know about an M1911A1 even though they are no longer in the inventory.
17. Believe that they do have a rendezvous with destiny.
18. Believe that "Nuts" wasn't all that Brigadier General McAuliffe said to the Germans at Bastogne.
19. Don't know how to use a "stress card".
20. Idolize John Wayne.
21. Don't believe that AAFES really needs a "commander".
22. Can remember when faggots weren't a "minority group".
23. Would have paid money to see Custer getting his clock cleaned.
24. Really don't like taking **** from those who haven't "been there".
25. Know how to properly construct a field latrine.
26. Know how to do a daisy chain.
27. Knows that a daisy chain is not a sex act.
28. Might admire the Germans, but still realize they got their asses kicked.
29. Aren't afraid of the Chinese, who probably don't have enough rowboats to invade Taiwan.
30. Would rather be OPFOR than MOPP 4.
31. Don't believe a damn thing the Iraqis say.
32. Don't need a GPS to find themselves.
33. Have enough BDU's in their closet to start a surplus store.
34. Think that MRE's taste good. (with a little hot sauce)
35. Are convinced that "wall-to-wall" counseling really works.
36. Have more time on the front line than most others have in the chow line.
37. Know how to make coffee when the measuring scoop goes missing.
38. Know that it's not good coffee when you can see through it.
39. Don't blame poor marksmanship on their M-16.
40. Know that inept leaders will always say they have inept troops.

Sempers,

Roger

wrbones
12-22-02, 02:49 PM
Pretty close....

MRE's are fine dining compared to C-Rats! :D

SHOOTER1
12-22-02, 07:12 PM
bones wash your mouth out, Cs are the best of the rest, at least you know what your eating, Specially the Ham ands, and Roger, everything above is truth cept the part about MREs and that Mattie Matel Peeshooter, Ill still take the M-14 weight and all, it will shoot the distance, and shoot thru what it needs to thank you.

wrbones
12-22-02, 07:28 PM
I just didn't like them damn cakes, SHOOTER! They was nasty! LOL. Hell, the rest was good eatin' fer a poor boy from the country!

The MRE's are much better, though.....

SHOOTER1
12-22-02, 07:38 PM
Punch some holes in them cans and bake over C-4 just like the bread that smelled bad till it was cooked, loved that pound cake, that was gold.

greensideout
12-22-02, 07:58 PM
Got to go with Shooter on this one. Lived on both MRE's and my beloved C-Rats. I'll take the mouth watering Cs anyday! The dehydrated stuff did kinda come to life but just did'nt have the weight in the gut like C-Rats. Oooo, I miss the egg & ham! A pound cake on top of that and you were good to go!
M-16, M-14? No, the bullet is too small. Give me the most dangerest weapon in the world. An M-1 Garand in the hands of a United States Marine!!!

Super Dave
12-23-02, 11:13 AM
C-Rats were much better. You could eat an entire meal and never touch your canteen. But the Sh*t disc candy!! That was the best

SHOOTER1
12-23-02, 03:33 PM
the candy was trading matrerial along with the Salams and other menthal at the skivvy houses , ADMIT IT MARINES.

Dick Olson
12-24-02, 10:57 PM
After the reservoir, our company was passing through the Brits at Wonju to take over the regimental point. A British Sgt had just opened a can of lights as I passed and pulled out the disc of cocoa.

He looked up at me and in his Limey accent said " coaco. Eiven the blynkin King has no Coaco."

tferg78
12-25-02, 12:17 AM
With all due respect Staff Sergeant your thinking of the wrong serive. Only the Army boot camp has stress cards, Marine Corps Drill instructors are still roughing recruits into tough Marines. One of my Drill instructors was an ex-Army Ranger changed Marine and he told us about those Stains that occupy the ranks of the Army.

fabboss
12-25-02, 02:51 AM
any weapon in the hands of a Marine makes it the most deadliest, and you always saved your pound cake till you got a can of peaches for peaches on pound cake delight! And what in the seven names of the most high is a stress card in boot camp is that something like the chineses thinking position favored by my DI's?

DawnMarie
12-25-02, 04:36 AM
i can run 2 miles with a hangover .. its not fun :)

talk about meeting john and earl .. eeew

jellybean

Butskie51
12-25-02, 08:54 AM
MRE'S suck compare to C ratr's and I had both with hot sauce!

BUTSKIE51

Sparrowhawk
12-25-02, 03:56 PM
peaches and pound cake, you slid open the can the pound cake came in just a bit, pour in a couple drops of water, warm it up over a heat tab, or C-4, take it out, and enjoy warm cake with slice peaches, always drank the peach juice down to the last drop.

It wasn't till I had been in Nam about three months that I discovered, putting in the dry cream packets that came with the coffe and sugar into the coco, man that was living.

leroy8541
12-25-02, 06:26 PM
MRE peaches are styrofoam and there is no pound cake so in my opinion c-rats win hands down
just my 2 cents

Motor-T
12-25-02, 10:39 PM
Can make good hot cocoa only when using the chocolate from the vanilla bar with the coca mix in the C-Rats.
Smoked the Chesterfields cig's..