PDA

View Full Version : CAIR: 'Marines' Cheer Song About Killing Iraqi Civilians

thedrifter
06-13-06, 06:27 AM
Press Release Source: Council on American-Islamic Relations

CAIR: 'Marines' Cheer Song About Killing Iraqi Civilians
Monday June 12, 8:10 pm ET
Song's Lyrics: 'I Blew Those Little F**kers to Eternity'

WASHINGTON, June 12 /PRNewswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on the Pentagon and Congress to investigate a music video posted on the Internet that seems to show U.S. Marines cheering a song that glorifies the killing of Iraqi civilians.

CAIR said the four-minute video, called "hadji girl," purports to be a "marine in Iraq singing a song about hadji." (A "Hajji" is a person who has made the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, but the term has often been used as a pejorative by U.S. troops in Iraq.) The song, posted online in March, tells of a U.S. Marine's encounter with an Iraqi woman. It has been viewed by almost 50,000 people.

The song's lyrics include: "I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally ... I blew those little f**kers to eternity ... They should have known they were f**king with the Marines." Members of the audience, not shown in the video, laughed and cheered wildly for these lyrics.

SEE: HADJI GIRL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTh9ZYS6Flc

Comments apparently posted by other military personnel express approval for the song's contents. One comment states: "This makes me happy to be a Marine. But look out! Here comes the rest of the country to call us evil!" Other comments criticize the video as racist.

"Given the recent allegations that U.S. Marines massacred Iraqi civilians in Haditha and other areas, we need to determine if this video is what it purports to be," said CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad. "The inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not be allowed to tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel."

Awad called on Pentagon officials and members of Congress to investigate the video and all other allegations of such conduct in Iraq.

CAIR, America's largest Muslim civil liberties group, has 32 offices and chapters nationwide and in Canada. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.

NOTE: CAIR offers an e-mail list designed to be a window to the American Muslim community. Subscribers to the list receive news releases and other materials dealing with American Muslim positions on issues of importance to our society. To subscribe to ISLAM-INFONET, go to: http://cair.biglist.com/islam-infonet/

CONTACT: CAIR Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-488-8787 or 202-744-7726, E-Mail: ihooper@cair-net.org

Ellie

Ignition
06-13-06, 09:34 AM
i recommend everyone watch this video.... its hilarious

Ignition
06-13-06, 09:52 AM
video has now been removed by the user

fontman
06-13-06, 10:21 AM
video has now been removed by the userGo figure...

;)

thedrifter
06-13-06, 02:12 PM
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
CAIR Conducts Email Jihad Against Marines

The Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) is at it again, with a deceptive email campaign smearing US Marines over a music video posted at YouTube. From Pipeline News: Hadji Girl - CAIR Conducts Email Jihad Against Marines.

(The video has been removed from YouTube by its owner.)

The CAIR email states:
“’MARINES’ CHEER SONG ABOUT KILLING IRAQI CIVILIANS

Song’s lyrics: ‘I blew those little f**kers to eternity’

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 6/12/06) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on the Pentagon and Congress to investigate a music video posted on the Internet that seems to show U.S. Marines cheering a song that glorifies the killing of Iraqi civilians.

CAIR said the four-minute video, called ”hadji girl,“ purports to be a ”marine in iraq singing a song about hadji.“ (A ”Hajji“ is a person who has made the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, but the term has often been used as a pejorative by U.S. troops in Iraq.) The song, posted online in March, tells of a U.S. Marine’s encounter with an Iraqi woman. It has been viewed by almost 50,000 people.

The song’s lyrics include: ”I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally. . .I blew those little f**kers to eternity . . .They should have known they were f**king with the Marines.“ Members of the audience, not shown in the video, laughed and cheered wildly for these lyrics.
We have not been able to determine if the singer in the video is indeed a Marine, but CAIR seriously and intentionally misrepresents the song as a celebration of gratuitous violence against Iraqi civilians.

”Hadji Girl“ is a ballad about a Marine firefight in Iraq.

In the heat of battle a young girl appears out of nowhere and invites this Marine to meet her family. She is leading him into an ambush but he doesn’t know it. When the two of them arrive at her home, the girl’s father and brother open fire, the Marine hits the ground and the girl is killed by her brother and father’s gunfire - ”threw open the door and I hit the floor ‘cause her brother and father shot her.“ The girl’s father and brother are still intent on killing the Marine so he grabs the girl’s sister and the brother and father then proceed to gun her down also in their haste to kill the Marine.

The Marine then ”locks and loads“ stating he ”blew those little f*ckers to eternity."

So the song is about a young woman luring a Marine into an ambush where she and her sister are killed by her jihadi father and brother, who in turn are killed with great justification by the Marine.

It’s quite clear that what CAIR is attempting to do here is create another Muslim cartoon incident which is not surprising, because CAIR is no stranger to controversy.

Ellie

marinegreen
06-13-06, 02:19 PM
STOP THE PRESS, You gotta be kidding,:mad: I didnt hear them *****ing and moaning when there family/friends were lopping off our heads. Guess were just better off letting everybody bend over so we can kiss there arse's.:no:

ggyoung
06-13-06, 04:11 PM
Flash back Vietnam In 1965 we came up with a little tune that was the "pepsodent tooth past song). It went like this "youl wonder wher the yellow went when you nuke the orient". No harm then.

His_angel
06-13-06, 04:40 PM
I saw the video when someone posted a link to it here somewhere last week. I was quite amused by the song. Didn't mean I thought that what happened was real. I mean. What about the song about Cocomo. Ain't no such place. Many songs are just from the imagination of the song writer and/or singer. Too bad there is now an investigation just because of some entertainment like the video I saw.

angel

selliott
06-13-06, 05:03 PM
did anybody download the video before they took it off?

fontman
06-13-06, 05:56 PM
By the time I found out about it, too late.

I could have saved the file to my server for all to enjoy...

Oh well, shiat happens...

:(

thedrifter
06-13-06, 06:54 PM
June 13, 2006 <br />
Corps condemns video mockery <br />
<br />
By Gordon Lubold <br />
Times staff writer <br />
<br />
Islamic scholars and the Marine Corps have condemned an Internet music video called “Hadji Girl” that allegedly...

thedrifter
06-13-06, 07:01 PM
Music video about Marine sparks anger <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON (AP) — A music video posted to the Internet, telling a tale about a U.S. Marine killing members of an Iraqi family, is being condemned by an...

His_angel
06-13-06, 07:27 PM
Maybe someone who saw it and knows how to look and find it still has it in their cached and/or temp files?

angel

outlaw3179
06-13-06, 11:17 PM
www.cair-net.org

takes you right to the video.

Ignition
06-13-06, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/kJq03WsgFDg

here is a link to the video

Ignition
06-13-06, 11:47 PM
maybe we just have to stick to singing "napalm sticks to kids" , so we can stay "politically correct"

fontman
06-14-06, 06:40 AM
Humor attempt falls flat
June 14, 2006
CHRIS MAZZOLINI
JACKSONVILLE DAILY NEWS STAFF

Cpl. Joshua Belile thought up the words to "Hadji Girl" in September while drinking coffee with buddies in Iraq.

It was just a joke, Belile says, a play on lines from a movie. His fellow Marines seemed to enjoy the song, so they got Belile up on a stage with his guitar.

Someone taped his performance, and now Belile stands in the center of a growing controversy, one that threatens to drag the New River Air Station Marine and his blackly humorous song into the debate about the alleged incident at Haditha and the war in Iraq.

The four-minute, 13-second video of Belile's performance was initially posted to the Internet site YouTube. The song tells the story of a Marine in Iraq who falls in love with an Iraqi girl. The girl takes the Marine to her family's house.

But the family shoots the girl and then points their "AKs" at the Marine. The Marine then grabs the Iraqi girl's little sister and "put her in front of me."

"As the bullets begin to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes and then I laughed maniacally," according to the song's lyrics. "Then I hid behind the TV and I locked and loaded my M-16, I blew those little (expletive) to eternity."

Belile, a 23-year-old who lives in Jacksonville and serves with Marine Light/Attack Helicopter Squadron 167, said the song was meant only as a joke, based on lines from "Team America: World Police" and that he apologizes to people who may have been offended by the lyrics.

"It's a song that I made up and it was nothing more than something supposed to be funny, based off a catchy line of a movie," Belile said. "I apologize for any feelings that may have been hurt in the Muslim community. This song was written in good humor and not aimed at any party, foreign or domestic."

Good humor or not, the Marine Corps is now investigating.

"The Marine Corps has recently been made aware of a video posted to a website that purports to show a Marine singing an insensitive song about Iraqis," reads a statement released Tuesday from Headquarters Marine Corps. "The video has subsequently been removed from the website.

"The video that was posted anonymously is clearly inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all Marines," the statement continues. "The video is not reflective of the tremendous sacrifices and dedication demonstrated, on a daily basis, by tens of thousands of Marines who have assisted the Iraqi people in gaining their freedom."

Belile returned from Iraq in March and is a member of a band called Sweater Kittenz, which is scheduled to perform Saturday at the Riverwalk Festival in downtown Jacksonville.

Soon after his return, Belile discovered the video had found its way onto the Internet. So did the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Washington D.C.-based group whose stated aim is to enhance understanding of Islam.

Ibrahim Hooper, the group's communications director, said members of his group got wind of the video through e-mail. After viewing it, Hooper said they found it offensive and in bad taste.

"I think we agree with the Marine Corps, who issued a statement today, that the video is inappropriate and insensitive and shouldn't be taken as a reflection on the entire body of U.S. military personnel," he said.

Hooper said he does not agree with arguments that the song was only a joke.

"I don't think it is a joking matter when you talk about holding up a child to being shot," he said. "I think especially when we have the allegations of attacks on civilians by military personnel in Haditha and other areas."

In his defense, Belile said the song is entirely fictional and has no ties to any of the ongoing investigations about Haditha and other incidents of alleged troop misconduct.

"This is in no way, shape or form related to the events that happened at Haditha," he said. "The song was written long before the events happened. The song reflects nobody's viewpoint. It's completely made up, it's completely fictional.

"I think it was a joke that is trying to be taken seriously," he said. "I think it's a joke, and anybody who tries to take it seriously knows it's a joke. People can't just laugh at it and let it go."

After first talking to The Daily News on Tuesday, Belile said in a follow-up telephone call that he had been advised to wait to make a statement until after he received counsel. He asked to have his earlier comments retracted and replaced with "no comment."

He is expected to be briefed by his command today.

Belile said he was worried about how the video will affect his career, his family and the Marine Corps.

"I will never perform this song again, and I will remove all video and text in relation to this that I have control of," he said.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations had the video posted on its Web site on Tuesday. Readers can also view it at www.jdnews.com at the below URL:

http://www.jdnews.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=Templates/JDN_Video_News.cfm&Section=Video&CFID=27063224&CFTOKEN=76478947

fontman
06-14-06, 06:45 AM
Internet Video by 'Marine' Raises Ire
By Peter Spiegel, LA Times Staff Writer
June 14, 2006

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Marine Corps is trying to find out who is behind a video posted on the Internet that appears to show a Marine performing a song that makes light of killing an Iraqi family.

The four-minute video, posted anonymously on the website YouTube, shows the singer playing a song he calls "Hadji Girl" in which he tells of falling in love with an Iraqi, only to be fired on with automatic weapons by her father and brother.

As an unseen audience laughs and cheers, the performer - dressed in a green T-shirt and what appear to be camouflage pants - sings about using "her little sister" as a shield against his attackers.

"As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally," the performer sings. "Then I hid behind the TV and I locked and loaded my M-16; I blew those little [expletives] to eternity."

The singer also mouths Arabic-sounding words, borrowing phrases from the satiric movie "Team America: World Police."

It ends: "They should have known they were [expletive] with the Marines."

In Arabic, hajji refers to a Muslim who has made a religious pilgrimage to Mecca, but it is frequently used by U.S. soldiers with various spellings to refer to Iraqis, often pejoratively.

Lt. Col. Scott Fazekas, a Marine spokesman, said the Corps was looking into the video but had yet to open a formal investigation. He said U.S. officials were not certain Tuesday of the singer's identity, or whether he is in the military.

"The video that was posted anonymously is clearly inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all Marines," Fazekas said. "The inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel."

The video was removed early Tuesday from the YouTube website, but by later in the day a YouTube user had reposted it.

It was brought to the Marines' attention by the Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, a Washington-based civil rights group.

The organization said that in light of recent allegations that Marines had killed Iraqi civilians without provocation, including 24 in November in the town of Haditha, the video should be investigated.

"We welcome the Marine Corps statement, but we also expect that those who participated in this incident will be identified and disciplined appropriately," said Nihad Awad, CAIR's executive director, who also called on Congress to conduct hearings on the video and other incidents.

The YouTube user who newly posted the video Tuesday attached a note on the site saying, "I reposted this vid as a protest to CAIR." The note also stated support for the "Marine" in the video and included an anti-CAIR website address.

CAIR said the video was originally posted in March and had been viewed by almost 50,000 people. Comments posted on the site in response to the video had ranged from praise to condemnation, the organization said.

booksbenji
06-14-06, 08:19 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/13/D8I7FPPO0.html

fontman
06-14-06, 09:20 AM
Apparently after the jihadi apologists at CAIR sniveled, the USMC bent over. I hope this ain't so, but we all know that you can't trust anyone in DC. So here is the vile and reprehensible ode to a love that no insurgent could stand.

Hadji Girl

I was out in the sands of Iraq
And we were under attack
And I, well, I didn't know where to go.
And the first think I could see was
Everybody's favorite Burger King
So I threw open the door and I hit the floor.
Then suddenly to my surprise
I looked up and I saw her eyes
And I knew it was love at first sight.
And she said

Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad
Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah
Hadji girl I can't understand what you're saying.
And she said
Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah
Hadji girl I love you anyway.

Then she said that she wanted me to see.
She wanted me to meet her family
But I, well, I couldn't figure out how to say no.
Cause I don't speak Arabic.
So, she took me down an old dirt trail.
And she pulled up to a side shanty
And she threw open the door and I hit the floor.
Cause her brother and her father shouted

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah
They pulled out their AKs so I could see
And they said
Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah

So I grabbed her little sister and pulled her in front of me.
As the bullets began to fly
The blood sprayed from between her eyes
And then I laughed maniacally
Then I hid behind the TV
And I locked and loaded my M-16
And I blew those little f***ers to eternity.
And I said

Sherpa Sherpa Bak Allah
They should have known they were f***ing with a Marine

Ignition
06-14-06, 10:06 AM
More and more we have to be sooooooooooooooooo GD Politically correct.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad: :thumbdown

everyone knows its a joke. and now becuase the media can throw it into the same frenzy as this haditha incident(which it has NO TIES TO except The Marines) now its going to be blown way out of proportion and sadly will reflect back on this Marine's career.

And that is wrong!

thedrifter
06-14-06, 02:46 PM
Hadji Girl- Is the USMC now Big Brother?
Posted By Uncle Jimbo

Boy I love some good old fashioned righteous indignation. So the USMC has decided that appeasing the apologists at CAIR is more important than, oh say the freaking Bill of Rights. WTF? over. I realize that military service comes with some restrictions, but I must have missed the part where the right to satire during off duty time was revoked. Anyhow me being me I zipped off a message to the spokesweasel the USMC sent out to flog their kowtow to the Islamic lobby. I will advise.

Dear Maj. Chapin,

I am concerned by the reaction of the USMC to the clearly humorous video Hadji Girl by CPL Belle. I wonder if anyone there bothered to watch and listen to the lyrics, I don’t think so because they hardly match the lies spread in the media and by CAIR which you appear to have swallowed whole. They are available here and clearly demonstrate none of the reprehensible sentiments claimed. And yet we get this:

“Corps officials responded to the group’s concerns and contacted administrators of the Web site on which it had been anonymously posted to ask that it be removed.”

I am curious why the Marine Corps would ask that any video be removed from a private website. I am curious why the Marine Corps would spend tax dollars harassing a private group about a private individual’s exercise of freedom of speech. I am disgusted by your statement here.

“The video … is clearly inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all Marines,” said Marine Maj. Gabrielle Chapin in a prepared statement. “The video is not reflective of the tremendous sacrifices and dedication demonstrated, on a daily basis, by tens of thousands of Marines who have assisted the Iraqi people in gaining their freedom.”

Are you concerned with his vocal ability, or his guitar playing skills, or his songwriting? I didn’t know the Marine Corps kept track of what troops do in their off time and much less that you graded them on it. The video is reflective of the idea enshrined in the Bill of Rights, that speech is free. I assume you can locate a copy of the document, and perhaps you might spend some time reading it rather than embarrassing the Corps and America by caving in to the jihadi apologists at CAIR.

If the freedoms military folks are fighting and dying to provide for the Iraqis and Afghanis are not available to our own troops then why should they risk their lives? This is a sorry day for the Corps and you owe CPL Belle, all Marines and the US people an explanation as to why the USMC has seen fit to revoke freedom of speech for it’s members.

I am a former US Army Special Forces Weapons Sergeant and have worked in many countries where building rapport with the local populace was vital to the success of our operations. I realize that a satire like this can, and obviously has been, misinterpreted, and that it may be used by those opposed to our efforts in Iraq, and even harm our relations with some Iraqis. Tough crap Major, deal with it, and not by forgetting that the most basic protections of freedom apply to all of us, even if they hurt the delicate feelings of all the chair-warming appeasers in DC or anyone else’s.

Cordially,

Jim Hanson

AKA the extremely chafed milblogger Uncle Jimbo from madison.com/post and Blackfive.net

Ellie

selliott
06-14-06, 02:51 PM
awesome thanks outlaw. that took striaght to the video, thanks.

marinegreen
06-15-06, 07:43 AM
Now there saying the MARINE brass are investigating this marine/song, I say JESUS-H-MUTHA-FUQING-CHRIST, GIVE US A MUTHA-F**ING BREAK AND EXCUSE MY FRENCH BUT why is it the MARINES are getting investigated for everything they do, looks like we are bending over for the american muslims because ONE of our MARINES made up a song to break the monotony of war.
Now this MARINE is worried what this will do to his career and family, All I'll got to say is it had better not do nothing to either. If our higher ups in the chain of command try to destroy his name,rank,career in anyway shape of form I hope the rest of my bro's/sisters here on this site contacts there local crooked politicians and raise holy hell and to also contact the SGTMAJ of the MARINES and the COMMANDANT hisself. I hope that fat fuq murtha doesnt open up his yap and discredit this young man/MARINE.

thedrifter
06-15-06, 06:27 PM
“Hadji Girl” update: Islam Online makes hay (Update: Marine brass feeling heat from Belile’s defenders)

They place the song in the context of “insensitivity” towards Iraqis, which lets them segue into what they really want to talk about: Haditha. Looks like Allah gave them the green light to drop the word “alleged” when writing about it:

Last November, US soldiers killed 24 Iraqi civilians, including seven women and three children, near Haditha as they had gone on rampage after their patrol was attacked…

The Pentagon decided on Thursday, April 1, to give ethic training to all its troops in Iraq following the Haditha massacre.

Let’s talk about insensitivity. The “About Us” page at Islam Online boasts of their connection to Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi; a separate page transcribes a speech given by Qaradawi trumpeting the site’s launch. Quote:

This is what this major, global project - Islam Online - is doing. It carries the message of Islam to the world. It addresses non-Muslims to help them understand the creed, law, ethics and civilization of Islam. It addresses Muslims as well, to help them understand correct Islam…

The speech conveniently omits the details of what the Sheikh regards as “correct Islam.” Perhaps we can fill in the blanks in the interest of demonstrating Islam Online’s good judgment when it comes to “insensitivity.”

All emphases are mine.

From 2002:

Saykh Yusuf al-Qaradawi delivers the sermon. …

Concluding, the imam prays to God: “O God, give us victory over your enemies, the enemies of Islam. O God, protect us from their evils, weaken them, wipe them out, destroy their power, and prevent them from committing aggression against your servants. O God, destroy the aggressor, treacherous Jews. O God, destroy the aggressor Americans. O God, destroy the fanatic pagans. O God, destroy the tyrannical Crusaders.”

From 2004:

An Egyptian cleric based in Qatar and often described as a moderate has ruled that it is a religious duty for Muslims to fight Americans in Iraq, including U.S. civilians, his office director said Thursday.

From 2005, an excerpt of his remarks to a conference held at … a youth center:

When I was only nine, the people of my village gave me the title ‘sheikh [who teaches] the Koran and religious science.’ I have devoted myself to religious propagation [da’wa] for the sake of Allah, and I have not relinquished the mission that Allah entrusted to me. I see myself as appointed by Allah. I will never withdraw from this mission. I hope my life will end with a virtuous death, like [the death] sought by warriors fighting Jihad for the sake of Allah…”

From February of this year — with video:

Everything will be on our side and against Jews on [Judgment Day], at that time, even the stones and the trees will speak, with or without words, and say: “Oh servant of Allah, oh Muslim, there’s a Jew behind me, come and kill him.” They will point to the Jews. It says “servant of Allah,” not “servant of desires,” “servant of women,” “servant of the bottle,” “servant of Marxism,” or “servant of liberalism”… It said servant of Allah.

There’s more sensitivity about Jews and wife-beating at MEMRI, if you can stand it. Bear it all in mind when Andrew Sullivan inevitably links to Islam Online as proof that, thanks to “Hadji Girl,” we’ve lost their hearts and minds.

Update: Just received an e-mail from a credible source who encourages Cpl. Belile’s defenders to keep up the pressure.

I just got off the phone with [a source in the Pentagon]. The Cpl. reported to me that they were all VERY appreciative of the support and that this was a “Brass” decision… He said they were already getting calls and that it was helping, but they needed to get a lot more to make a difference. It really is helping the Marines to know that they are not alone and that not everyone hates them… He said these calls were making everyone’s day.

I have emailed “The Sweater Kittens” and offered to assist them with any legal representation (should it be required) and highly suggest that the Milbloggers and others make this a STRONGLY CONTESTED issue with the USMC Pentagon bureaucrats for the next week or so. Evidently, according to what I’m being told, how this situation turns out will have far reaching implications within the USMC and with the Marines who are forward deployed. It seems they are discussing a possible new “PC Policy” now for the Marines.

This sucks and I’m willing to go to the mat to fight on this. If we don’t, we’re going to be overrun with a level of PC that will completely destroy the Constitution.

Here’s the contact info from today’s Vent:

Commandant of the Marine Corps
Phone: (703) 614-1034
Fax: (703) 614-2358
comrel@hqmc.usmc.mil

Ellie

OLE SARG
06-15-06, 07:26 PM
That link takes you right to the video. I didn't see anything wrong with the video, in fact I thought it was quite good. The islamic group that is upset about the video needs to take a long walk on a short plank over Grand Canyon!!!! I say fukc you if you can't take a joke!!!!

SEMPER FI,

marinegreen
06-15-06, 07:51 PM
Other then not being to bad a singer/guitar player for a MARINE, there isnt anything wrong with it. I didnt hear any protest noises in the background of the video.Hey Ole Sarg,you do know they give helicopter rides over the canyon didnt you ?

OLE SARG
06-15-06, 08:55 PM
The longer I thought about it the madder I got. Shot a letter off to the CMC letting him know how I felt about this incident. I'm sick of the f#$king bleeding hearts out there in never-never land.

SEMPER FI,

Ironrider
06-16-06, 09:51 AM
Go to hotair.com it's in the archives under june 2006

ROHO
06-16-06, 11:18 AM
Cpl. Belile is with HMLA-167, my old Squadron, OORAH!!!, that Unit is good to go!!!!

Sixguns
06-16-06, 11:35 AM
I agree with the first ammendment. I guess it's partially the government's fault for giving this Marine a topic and situation to use for his creative expressions.

The Marine however is a BONEHEAD!!! It's one thing to videotape your performance and laugh about it with friends, and a totally different one to use a government network or comm link to broadcast it (reading how Marine Corps officials tracked down the posted link).

I agree that music has been used to recall some grave events or perils, but I think this one pushes the envelope, whether the events were real or imagined.

redneck13
06-17-06, 02:28 PM
:!: Do you know that Uncle Sam monitor's these sites? If you go there, not trying to be "paranoid", you could end up on a "watch list", considering the "fundamental" (they seem to use this word for everything don't they?) ways and means of Uncle Sam's authority of "ease dropping." I ain't touchin' it. There was another song, very popular when you got a bit juiced in OZ, funny then, degrading to me now.....it went like...."Your Son is dead, shot in the head." It was a way of taking the edge off. Not to degrade or anything else, while I was in OZ. This recent tragic event, is just one more way of these coward bass-turd's to get in our troop's head's. It "SUCKS", but an interesting topic. SF, now carry on Maggot's.

Ignition
06-17-06, 03:09 PM
sixguns,

...and a totally different one to use a government network or comm link to broadcast it

it was posted on youtube.com ...... that is in no way a government hosted site, its a site where anyone can post videos to share with the "net"

----

not trying to correct you just wondering how you are saying it was a gov network to broadcast.... if i am missing some info somewhere than i will shutup

jennifer
06-17-06, 03:20 PM
Dangit, I wanted to see the viedo... I was trying to look for it but couldn't find then I read all the threads and realized that it was taken off!! errr!!! Oh well, but did you guys see the one where Zarqawi speaks about freedom?? ROFL!! :D

redneck13
06-17-06, 03:23 PM
sixguns,

it was posted on youtube.com ...... that is in no way a government hosted site, its a site where anyone can post videos to share with the "net"

----

not trying to correct you just wondering how you are saying it was a gov network to broadcast.... if i am missing some info somewhere than i will shutup[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]:D :banana: :flag: I don't know if it's what you say, not that I don't believe you. But, I'm just saying that if you would visit any Islamic site? Our Gov't watches all of these, and you could be a name as one who just visited, and then, "BAM!!", you're possibly on the Gov't watch list. If I'm not wrong, almost all of these sort of sites are carefully monitored by Uncle Sam. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'll shut up. LOL Appreciate it. SF/COLOR]

marinegreen
06-17-06, 04:07 PM
I can garuntee I'm put on the most hated govt list wind, I've fired off a few letters in my day to our crooked lying politicians, even to ole jeb bush hisself. Hey we the people put there sorry arzzes in office and by GOD they had better take any constructive comments from us we give em, but I know they have there staff check over all hate mail. I have gotten a few replys back.Hey I got no problem giving my last act of defiance(finger) to any of em not doing there job. I would love to see that excuse of human parts murtha.

Sixguns
06-17-06, 04:37 PM
How do you think these Marines got on the web from Iraq??? Do you think they had a Verizon DSL or ComCast cable connection??? I am sure they used a military comm link to raise or get YourTube.com and...

Ignition
06-17-06, 05:00 PM
yeah after i posted that i thought about what i said... lol

then i wasnt sure if they posted this while in iraq or video tapped while in iraq and didnt post until they came home.

hopefully it was done over private means. sadly this probably wouldnt of taken so much heat had this not been around with the supposed massacre in iraq or had the title of the video been something different than Hadji Girl

Ignition
06-17-06, 05:11 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/vent/2006/06/15/hadji-girl/

has the video still.... have to listen to a rant about cair and how they suck and then it shows the video

it also explains that the video was made in iraq... but not posted until later this spring... so it may or may not have been posted using gov comm links

Ignition
06-17-06, 05:25 PM
video can also be downloaded, saved, or viewed at

http://www.cair.com/video/marine-hadji-girl.wmv (http://www.cair.com/video/marine-hadji-girl.wmv)

but the audio+video dont properly synch up on this video, but there isnt the vent before and after

The Cpl in the video also has a myspace account for those that are into that at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=44587340

redneck13
06-17-06, 06:11 PM
I can garuntee I'm put on the most hated govt list wind, I've fired off a few letters in my day to our crooked lying politicians, even to ole jeb bush hisself. Hey we the people put there sorry arzzes in office and by GOD they had better take any constructive comments from us we give em, but I know they have there staff check over all hate mail. I have gotten a few replys back.Hey I got no problem giving my last act of defiance(finger) to any of em not doing there job. I would love to see that excuse of human parts murtha.
:evilgrin: :flag: Me too, many probably think I might have, LOL....seriously, I've written to a many of those Worms up there. You get these replie's that just make u wanna puke. Talk about double talk, or, "I'VE CONTACTED __________AND HERE'S THERE RESPONSE", "IF I CAN BE OF ANY FURTHER ASSISTANCE LET ME KNOW, KINDNESS REGARDS, SINCERELY" blah, blah, blah. I know I am on their "WATCH DOG LIST", it's because of my flare for being so kind. LOL......
I just ain't gonna go to any Islamic sight, even if it were my religion, I wouldn't, even if I were a Naturalized Citizen. This gov't, as well as other's prior to, and to come, have their pointed lil ear's tuned to folks like me and you, and other's. They probably know when I fart. LOL. But I don't care. If they ain't doin' the job?, then by golly I let 'em know about it. murtha, that should be a name for all to send a letter too. I don't care if he's been in a combat sitchakation, honored, whatever, he don't understand, well he does understand, he's just tryin' to figger a way to git a liberal into the next Prez's sittin' chair. No biggie....Love you signature now....GRRRRRRRREEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!! SF

Marine84
06-18-06, 10:43 AM
Outlaw - couldn't get your link to do anything

Ignition - yours worked but I saw the guy standing there with the guitar but then a message popped up saying the video was no longer available

Marine84
06-18-06, 11:27 AM
OK - somebody's link worked (not sure which one - I'm still on dialup at home so it took a while)

THAT WAS FREAKIN HILARIOUS! F'EM IF THEY CAN'T TAKE A JOKE!

thedrifter
06-18-06, 12:01 PM
‘Hadji Girl’ absent from Riverwalk fest
June 18,2006
DANIEL MCNAMARA
DAILY NEWS STAFF

“Cell.”

“Falling Down.”

“Smilin’.”

No “Hadji Girl.”

The Marine Corps’ investigation may still be ongoing, but by most all accounts, the Sweater Kittenz 15 minutes of infamy appeared to have elapsed by the time the group took the stage for Saturday’s Riverwalk Festival performance.

“We are the Sweater Kittenz for those of you who haven’t heard of us yet,” lead guitarist Joe Baes informed the festival goers who loitered in the shade of the old depot stage.

For the most part, however, the crowd came already-enlightened as to the identity of the rockers on stage — not from the controversial set list omission, but from a series of concerts both stateside and “over there.”

“We had a lot of our fans from Iraq and a few others we picked up along the way,” Baes said after the hour-long performance that included several originals to accompany covers from the likes of Jimmy Buffett, Green Day and Three Doors Down.

But no “Hadji Girl,” the ballad-gone-bad featuring the sort of Humor in Uniform that would likely never find its way in Readers Digest.

The song revolves around a star-crossed love affair between a Marine and an Iraqi girl that results in untimely demise of the girl and her family.

Last week, a Daily News story identified Sweater Kittenz singer/guitarist Joshua Belile, a New River Air Station Marine corporal, as the man behind the microphone on a home video that was shot in Iraq and posted on the Internet. It sparked anger from Muslim groups agitation from the Marine Corps and debate among American military and civilians.

“The video that was posted anonymously is clearly inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all Marines,” Marine Corps Headquarters said in a statement issued Tuesday. “The video is not reflective of the tremendous sacrifices and dedication demonstrated, on a daily basis, by tens of thousands of Marines who have assisted the Iraqi people in gaining their freedom.”

Belile, for his part, has vowed never to play the song again. Even so, he and his band mates were under direct orders not to — not necessarily by the Marine Corps, which employs three of the Kittenz — but by the Bettering Our Local Downtown people who organized the festival.

Also absent, apparently, were the scores of Daily News readers who voiced opinions via email both in support of and against the group.

Jacksonville police Capt. Tim Akers said one would-be protestor was asked by the BOLD staff to leave prior to the concert. The sign-wielding gentleman complied.

With the exception of a small group of New River Air Station Marines who gave their unanimous but anonymous endorsement of “Hadji Girl,” the audience was just as tame as the fans of Raggs’ Kids Club Band, which resembled the Chuck E. Cheese house band gone AWOL.

On Saturday, the most controversial lyric seemed to be a blame-ascribing line from a Buffett tune about a famous green cocktail.

And — in contrast to Belile’s song — the band’s attempts at on-stage humor generally went over well, even bassist Mike Galloway’s Christopher Walken impression.

Contact staff writer Daniel McNamara at 353-1171 Ext. 237 or dmcnamara@freedomenc.com

Ellie

Gncnew
06-19-06, 04:27 PM
wtf ever. I'm so sick of CAIR. The only thing they "care" about is trying to beat down American values and replace them with their own Islamo-socialist ideals. They're willing accomplices in the ACLU are right lock step in with them.

Do some research on CAIR and you'll note that those guys are still trying to wipe the stains of their terrorist funding off their back. I'm about sick of this originization.

thedrifter
06-20-06, 01:36 PM
June 26, 2006 <br />
Musical dissonance <br />
American Muslim group angered by Marine’s amateur music video <br />
<br />
By John Hoellwarth <br />
Times staff writer <br />
<br />
When Cpl. Joshua Belile picked up his guitar and...

redneck13
06-20-06, 05:33 PM
:evilgrin: :flag: You'd have to be crazy to let someone record you while playing, &quot;maybe not offensive&quot; to other's, but, who can you trust? The ol' sayin' in the Corps was, &quot;A slip of the lip can...