PDA

View Full Version : Haditha- This is gonna get ugly

thedrifter
06-12-06, 06:05 AM
Haditha- This is gonna get ugly
Posted By Uncle Jimbo
Blackfive

The Marine who would serve as ringleader for the "masssacre" in Haditha has spoken through his lawyer. His statements prove exactly why what Murtha did was so disgraceful. You see SSG Wuterich says that he and his fellow Marines are not murderers, and unlike Murtha and the rest of the digital lynch mob he was actually there.

I wrote a piece discussing what determines whether a killing was justified. I went through the decision points that require a continuing threat to justify offensive actions. Well SSG Wuterich describes a chain of events that matches the other members of the unit, and if true they certainly comitted no massacre and may have done absolutely nothing wrong at all. His account is more than a little different than the wholesale slaughter of cowering children by a methodical death squad claimed as fact by far too many.

I flap my gums a lot based on my opinions, well I'm putting on my subject matter expert hat now. Shooting in buildings amongst civilians is the most dangerous and difficult activity our troops undertake. I taught and did it in the context of hostage rescue and close quarters battle, which apply the most restrictive rules of engagement. I have read most of the information about this incident, but am asking for any graphics or diagrams of the scene and actions anyone may be aware of. I want to look at the event and determine what level of force would be applicable in each phase. So any links would be appreciated.

Ellie