PDA

View Full Version : Lawyers Defend Marines in Raid

fontman
06-12-06, 04:35 AM
Lawyers Defend Marines in Raid <br />
By Tony Perry, Times Staff Writer <br />
June 12, 2006 <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO - Attorneys for Marines being investigated for possible war crimes in the deaths of 24 Iraqis in Haditha...

fontman
06-12-06, 04:43 AM
Marine lawyer calls Haditha was lawful <br />
By THOMAS WATKINS <br />
Associated Press Writer <br />
<br />
SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The lawyer for a Marine being investigated in the deaths of two dozen civilians in Haditha,...

mikegusmc
06-13-06, 05:32 PM
This is my take on this whole situation: <br />
no doubt the Marines took some ground fire from the houses from insurgents who executed women and children and then fled. With a viable escape route and...

fontman
06-13-06, 05:45 PM
Neal Puckett, trust me, will see that justice is served in defense of our Marines, is all I am at liberty to say for now.

;)

marinegreen
06-13-06, 05:54 PM
For some reason unbeknownest to me,we have some politicians who allow our Marine Corps to be shamed because of trumped up charges/storys. After this ordeal is said and done and our brothers are...

mikegusmc
06-13-06, 06:04 PM
Amen to that. I say Murtha should be tops on that list. I hope you are right about these Marines being cleared.

fontman
06-13-06, 06:13 PM
Amen to that. I say Murtha should be tops on that list. I hope you are right about these Marines being cleared.As do I, brother!

:thumbup:

Sixguns
06-13-06, 07:37 PM
It is amazing how there are two sides to every story. I spoke of the fog of war in another posting related to Marines being charged with these crimes. Nothing can replicate or recreate what was going...

DevilDogHEMech
06-14-06, 04:06 AM
It both saddens me and ****es me off that regardless of whether or not the Marines did anything wrong, and whether they are cleared or not, this whole thing will still put a huge black eye on the Marine Corps and all of us who serve. The entire world, including our fellow Americans, will think less of us because of this. I can't believe that this is being compared to the incident at My Lai in many media stories. All of this just sucks big time, especially for those Marines that will be severely punished probably through no personal wrongdoing. Why? So Time can sell a few more magazines? So lobbyists and politicians have one more reason for us to pull out of Iraq? This certainly is a different kind of war.

mikegusmc
06-14-06, 12:46 PM
Here is a thought: I know I'm just some jarhead who jumped in the middle of this, but has anyone thought that maybe an autopsy should be done on the civillians killed? I'll bet you will find AK-47 rounds and not M-16. Any how that's my take on it.

I think Marines everywhere are doing just an outstanding job.

Sixguns
06-14-06, 12:53 PM
This is what I meant by gethering evidence as part of the ongoing investigation.

Unfortunately, we cannot refer to the videotape. No instant replay on this one.

Now, if you are an Iraqi, would you fabricate a story to dishonor the Marines? Or lie to prevent other American-haters from hunting you and your family down and killing them?

The information and evidence needs to be factual and accurate.

rb1651
06-14-06, 02:49 PM
mikegusmc, I agree with all that you have said. As for the autopsy, the article above stated that the families are blocking attempts to exhume the bodies so that an autopsy can be done. I know that their religion forbids this, but if it would provide undeniable evidence that a crime was committed, don't you think that they would let them be exhumed? Or, as I believe, they don't want the lies exposed because it didn't happen the way that they are claiming. Just my 2 cents.