PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Security Forces

Rock_The_MC
06-12-06, 12:39 AM
Hey all, What is your take on MCSF?

I am possibly interested in asking for it. I have heard a lot of good and bad things about it. But I kind of want to get a better picture of what it is.

I know a bit on the subject, like.. Only people in the 03 (Infantry) Field can get it. That will be me.

If you know about MCSF, Please give me some info on it.

I want to hear from different people before making my decision.

Like I said, I have heard a lot of good and bad things. So I kinda get that it's one of those "how you look at it" things.

Covey_Rider
06-12-06, 12:59 AM
Hey I wasn't quite clear with what all MCSF do either. I've also been looking into it and I did happen to find a link that might help you or it may not, depending on how much research you've already done.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/usmc/mcsfbn.htm

Check it out, I hope that it helps...

-Dominic

USMCgrunt0331
06-13-06, 05:07 AM
There are several different parts of MCSFCO. One is the overseas stations, where you spend your 2 years at a naval base overseas in Bahrain or Rota, Spain, and that continent is pretty much your AO. There is PRP commands, there are 3 in the US in 3 different states, and you pretty much guard strategic weapons, and you spend your 2 years in MCSFCO there. Everybody I've talked to that is at a PRP command hates it. Then theres FAST Co. (Fleet Anti-terrorism Security Team) which is what I'm in. You're based out of Norfolk, Va, or Yorktown, Va. Most FAST platoons do a 4 month deployment in Gitmo, Cuba. Then they do a 6 month deployment to either Rota, Spain, Bahrain, Japan/Guam, and one or 2 platoons have been rotating thru Iraq. There are 3 FAST Companies, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Your job is to respond to stuff like terrorist attacks and embassy bombings, but honestly, in FAST Co. you probably won't do much of anything other than a lot of training and much maybe something for NATO if you're lucky. When you are in Security Forces school you can fill out a wish list on where you'd like to go, but they stick you where they need you, so if you go MCSFCO you may end up in PRP, Overseas or FAST Co. You do get to do a lot of good training in FAST or the overseas command, but if you want to go to Iraq soon, go regular infantry. If you've got any more specific questions fire 'em away and I'll try to help you out. Tell me what good and bad things you've heard, and I'll let you know what's true or not.

troopermc
04-25-07, 01:15 PM
I was at MCSFCo, London from 96-98 as a Sergeant of the Guard, and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!best times Ive had in the Corps, in addition to a ton of schools. Not sure, bit I think London is closed now. :(

devildoghopeful
04-25-07, 03:52 PM
Yes, the admiralty closed couple of years ago. There's still some Marines at the Embassy I think, but very few. Whenever I walk past there I look up and see the sillhouettes of a couple of snipers up there. Makes me shiver when I realise that there's probably a bead on me....

Chrisbrv
04-25-07, 08:45 PM
I was told by some other Marines that usually MCSF Marines end up not knowing crap about regular Infantry once they report to the fleet. Is this true?

Thats been a major derailment for me chosing MCSF. I dont want to be a clueless LCpl/CPL once I report to the fleet. But I also would like to try out for FAST. So I'm split on MCSF or going straight Infantry then doing MCSF.

cturner
04-25-07, 10:55 PM
There are two PRP commands - Bangor, Washington and Kings Bay, GA. PRP provides security for national and strategic assets. If you want to know about that, send me a PM and I'll try to answer them for you.

Like USMCgrunt0331 said, PRP pretty much sucks.