PDA

View Full Version : Duty, Courage, Commitment

thedrifter
06-11-06, 09:20 AM
Sunday, June 11, 2006 <br />
Duty, Courage, Commitment <br />
Marine major's unwavering dedication to the Corps eventually cost him more than he could bear <br />
<br />
By Carl Hunnell <br />
News Journal <br />
<br />
MANSFIELD --...

MillRatUSMC
06-11-06, 12:18 PM
http://www.geocities.com/millrat_99/notanote.html

Another Marine, web name Chopz, says it best in this poem...

FistFu68
06-11-06, 04:11 PM
:usmc: REST IN PEACE~MAJOR! :usmc:

PMBannister
02-28-07, 02:38 AM
:flag: I had the fortunate experience to serve under Major Stover. It was in Hawaii, he was Commanding Officer of Maintenance Company, CSSG-3, FSSG-3. I was a Comm Tech with Electronics Platoon. About a year after Major Stover arrived I was selected to be his Company Clerk. I worked directly for him and our First Sergeant, Willie Haile (now SgtMaj.) It was an amazing experience and I learned a lot of things while serving under these two men. Major Stover was one of the most revered logisticians in the Corps. Still classified, it is rumored that he was sent to the Middle East after 9/11, before we invaded Afghanistan or Iraq to plan logistics. I recently found out from a friend of the tragedy that befell Major Stover. It truly saddens me that this nation and my beloved Corps have lost one of our greatest/proudest members. A true patriot. I cannot express or give praise enough to the Marine, Major Stover. I will remember Major Stover forever. At least Heaven is guarded and protected by one of our country's best. Semper Fi, Major Stover. Ohh-Rah!!!! :usmc: