PDA

View Full Version : Help Fast

jbrewer87
06-09-06, 03:24 PM
My recruiter called me yesterday and told me I was shipping Monday. My ship date is 20060815. can they make me leave this soon?

outlaw3179
06-09-06, 03:31 PM
U Signed the Motha****in Contract!

Bige1371
06-09-06, 03:39 PM
It might not be convenient for you now but the sooner you get there the sooner you can earn the title. Good luck, Bige1371

jinelson
06-09-06, 03:42 PM
Jamie these things happen in the Corps due to the needs of the Corps. If you have some good reason why you cannot I suggest that you discuss with your recruiter ASAP. He may or may not be able to help you. Let us know what happens.

Jim

Korling
06-09-06, 04:09 PM
You signed the contract, read the fine print....Get going now and good luck, it is far better to go sooner than later. Let us know when you've earned the title!

His_angel
06-09-06, 06:44 PM
Back in 89 my recruiter called me and wanted me to ship out earlier. However, I already had plans that could not easily be changed or cancelled. He did not force the issue and I left on my original ship date. Guess the difference is in the wording. My recruiter did not tell me I HAD to ship early. Is there a problem or reason as to why you can't ship out Monday?

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-09-06, 10:28 PM
I found out I was shipping on the Friday before I left. Its how things work sometimes. Get used to it, the Marine Corps does not work according to your schedule, your life revolves around the needs of the Corps.

If you had been in for three years and had plans to go on leave, do you think you could get out of a sudden deployment because it got in the way of your schedule? The answer is no, and it sucks when it happens, but it does. (Trust me, I've been there)

Marine84
06-10-06, 10:48 AM
I would say pack your bag....................but, from what I've read on other threads, they're pretty easy going about stuff these days so you may just be able to wait. Why not go now? This will be your first lesson in that "always ready" thing - even to this day I still only need 24 (if that) hours to get prepared for anything.

cplbrooks
06-10-06, 07:55 PM
I asked my recuriter if i could ship early. He said he would try. One day I got a call from him and he said pack your stuff you are leaving today. Just like that i was gone. My parents were out of town for a few days when i got the call. When they got back i was in boot camp.

marinegreen
06-11-06, 11:51 AM
its just a start of whats to come,when you get out into the FMF and they say pack yer gear were heading to the front, you best get to steppen. you might not get to say all your goodbyes to all you want but thats the price you pay, just remember you'll be making a whole new caliber of friends. Stay focused and GITT-ERRRRRR-DONE !!!!