PDA

View Full Version : Stolen VA data may have been erased

marinefamily5
06-09-06, 11:26 AM
By HOPE YEN, Associated Press Writer Fri Jun 9, 9:24 AM ET <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON - Stolen personal data for 26.5 million veterans and military personnel may have been erased by teenagers who sold the...

redneck13
06-09-06, 02:40 PM
:mad: :evilgrin: :thumbdown This is nothing but a big of bunch of BS.....one of our own here, got his letter from the IRS, the VA don't have a clue as to how many, or for that matter who has died, widow's, I mean c'mon, didn't ya'll see the hearing? The VA Secy looked like the biggest dummie's I've ever seen. He looked like he was not even there.
You can bet your rear end, they waited to report it so they could CY
A themselves. And the VA is so messed up, they had the IRS send notice to one of our member's. I don't mean that you Sir, are full of ******, I am directing my comments towards the post and what was said. Just be prepared to have your stuff stolen. Hells bells, they might as well of told the thieves, well hells bells they did before they notified any veteran, "HEY?, HERE'S WHAT YOU GOT, GO AHEAD AND USE IT." Bunch of Dopes.....I don't believe anything that comes out of the mouths of the "IDIOT'S" in the VA. Don't trust them for nothing, cause it's the worse Governmental Agency in our Country, worse than the INS. That's my 2c's with this. SF

MASTER-GUNS
06-09-06, 09:45 PM
That would be good news if the files were deleted. Only time will tell because the persoN who stole the computer will not talk.

Master Guns

CAS3
06-10-06, 02:43 AM
The IRS is sending the letters at the request of the VA because the IRS knows where you live and most of the time, veterans do not update their addresses.

There is no conspiracy.

marinegreen
06-10-06, 05:39 AM
Just got my letter yesterday.Myself I find this whole thing strange,why would someone want to take home vets records for research ? this whole thing stinks of sometype of cover up to bigger things.Our govt has been proving time and again that they cant be trusted.Imformation highway is too outdated anymore and something needs to be done to guarante better security on peoples private info.Carry On

CAS3
06-10-06, 07:45 AM
The employee was compiling names of veterans with a phone survey that was taken and will be taken. The VA has a need to keep records updated and it would help if veterans would call when thay move, change phone number, etc. It is also very important for the info to be kept up to date for the times when the laws change. i.e. diabetes is service connected to Vietnam and years ago many veterans had applied and were denied and the VA is still trying to find them so they can get benefits now.

VA employees have been doing this for years. It is just that this time, somone got caught doing it.