PDA

View Full Version : Definition of A MARINE - By a Marine Wife

thedrifter
12-20-02, 01:21 PM
Definition of A MARINE - By a Marine Wife

Between the security of childhood and the insecurity of a second childhood, we find that fascinating element of humanity called A MARINE.

He comes in assorted sizes and can be found anywhere . . . on ships, in bars, in jail, in love and always in debt.

Girls love him, towns tolerate him and the government supports him.

A Marine is laziness with a deck of cards, bravery with a tattooed arm, the protector of land, sea and air with a copy of Playboy magazine.

He has the energy of a turtle, the slyness of a fox, the brain of a flea, the stories of a sea captain, the security of a liar, the inspiration of a Casanova. When he wants something, it is usually connected with liberty.

Some of his likes are women, girls, females, dames, broads and the opposite sex.

He dislikes answering letters, wearing his uniform, superior officers, dogfaces, squids, airdales, and getting up on time.

No one but A MARINE can cram into one pocket a little book, a pack of cigarettes, Ann Margaret's picture, a comb, a bottle of beer, a church key and what's left of last weeks pay.

He likes to spend some money on beer, some on women, some on cigarettes and the rest foolishly.

A MARINE is a magic creature. You can lock him out of your home, but not out of your Life.

You would like to forget your bleary eyed, good for nothing long away from home lover with all his scattered dreams, but his faults become insignificant when your Marine looks at you with those blood shot eyes and says; "Hi honey, I'm home, take off your cloths".

Sempers,

Roger

PS....I do believe you are given out to many secrets guys.....LOL...

Kegler300
12-20-02, 01:49 PM
Right on, Drifter!:banana:

leroy8541
12-22-02, 12:45 PM
according to my ex under that definition it should say see also(sorry bastrd) lol

Sparrowhawk
12-22-02, 04:26 PM
My name's Cook Barela, blood kin to the grizzy that bit General Westmoreland's ass!

I was born on Veterans Day, cause my papa got horny on Valentine’s Day.

My grandma has drank more whisky than there is in all of Kentucky, My grandpa rode lightening bolts every year in New Mexico for the 4th of July fireworks show and I was there in Oklahoma when they hung the jerk, who invented work.

I can fart a fireball high into the sky, my skin is tougher than a desert tortoise, and I have peed in the Rio Grande and the Mississippi at the same time. I've ridden the mule that kicked holes in the sky, and shook off its saddle. I’ve slept with slavering wolves, and shared a meal with lion’s in caves as dark as hell’s back door. I have mean black panthers eyes and have clobbered bark off a gum tree faster than the biggest brown bear in North Dakota.

I'm half horse, half gator, with panther, tiger, jungle cat, jackal and hyena thrown in and have a touch of California earthquakes in my head. I have danced with the prettiest women, and have the fastest goat, and ugliest dog this side of hell.

I can out-jump, out-run, out-eat, throw down, drag out and whip any man in all New York City.

I ain't never seen them, but my common sense tells me the Andes is but foothills compared to the jungles of Nam. The Alps are for old women and children to climb in comparison.

The deep sea is where God has done he's finest sculpturing and I aim to visit them next times I goes swimming.

I knows that there ain't no asylums for crazy Marines! And there ain't no churches except right here on this here site. There ain't no priests excepting squawking Blue Jays.

I am a Vietnam Marine Machine Gunner, sing in the shower, don't wear skivvies and I'll live until a woman breaks my heart or a bullet finds me and there ain't no laws for brave Marines!

<EMBED SRC="http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/Animals/Tiger.wav"Hidden="FALSE" AutoStart="TRUE" Volume="75" Loop="FALSE" Height="24" Border="0" Width="145" Controls="SmallConsole">

http://cookbarela.bizland.com/eyes1.gif

firstsgtmike
12-22-02, 04:53 PM
"You would like to forget your bleary eyed, good for nothing long away from home lover with all his scattered dreams, but his faults become insignificant when your Marine looks at you with those blood shot eyes and says; "Hi honey, I'm home, take off your clothes!"

She was just being polite. Actually, he had called ahead and told her that if she wanted to be first, not to let her mother answer the door.

And No, she wouldn't be the first, or last, wife to get laid with a doorknob in her hand.

SHOOTER1
12-22-02, 07:27 PM
drifter , you been reading my diary again??

thedrifter
01-10-05, 10:07 AM
Bumping

Ellie

Namvet67
01-10-05, 10:19 AM
Well done Ellie....best description yet....sounds normal to me. But..what is normal?

thedrifter
01-10-05, 10:29 AM
Well these are a few things apicked up while married to Roger for over 26 years....

I thought it was normal, and I do believe it still stands today...Maybe just another pix in the pocket though....;)

Ellie

Namvet67
01-10-05, 10:33 AM
It's all relative..double meaning there!

JAG5150
01-10-05, 10:39 AM
I do believe that my wife would agree with you in all of these definations.
My ex-wife as well, I am so glad that every other man will have to try to measure up to my standards and fail. God it is good to be a MARINE.

HardJedi
01-12-05, 08:28 PM
LOl ,now THAT a great letter. and all my ex's thought I was different! LOL

Doc Crow
01-14-05, 01:06 PM
GRUNT

Gulliable
Restless
Unrulely
Nasty
Thing

Namvet67
01-14-05, 01:21 PM
Doc...you would know if anyone would.

Toby M
01-14-05, 02:49 PM
Ellie, now you're dating yourself..."Ann Margaret's picture"???

thedrifter
01-14-05, 02:57 PM
No...Not dating myself...Another Marine...from Jacksonville, NC...
His name is Mark aka The Fontman

Ellie