PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, and thanks ALOT!

Zippo
06-08-06, 10:50 AM
Alright Marines and Poolies, I'm shipping off for MCRD Parris Island early this sunday morning!!! I'm not sure whether I should be scared or excited, but I'm definitely both. I won't let you guys down. Especially Jim, Outlaw, and dscusmc, you guys all went out of your way to help me decide my MOS. Thanks alot!!

I know this might be a little repetitive with all the other "Shipping out" threads, but I just wanted to let y'all know I'm leaving too!

Again thanks, I will post again upon completion of Recruit Training!!!

Taz97
06-08-06, 10:54 AM
Goodluck recruit!

Im in Atlanta this week. Give me a call and I will buy you a beer before you leave Sunday!

Worsham
06-08-06, 10:57 AM
Easy on that underage drinking Taz.....

Good luck Zippo.... I follow you in a week.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-08-06, 11:04 AM
Zippo, best of luck to you. Like I've told many before you, try to settle down and take it all in. Yes, you will be facing one of the best and most difficult prooving grounds in the military. Yes, you will be forced to operate with speed and intensity around the clock. But, it will also be one of the defining moments of your life. Every second you can recall from Recruit Training will be a cherished memory in the years to come. Try to have as many of those memories as possible.

LittleDevilDog
06-08-06, 11:20 AM
Zippo,

You and me had our hard times at the beginning when we first met on here, but after we settled and made ammends, you're a great Poolee, and soon to be a great Marine, I'm sure.

Best of luck to you, you've got a good head start here at Leatherneck, and many more memories to come not only in the Corps, but with us at Leatherneck here, waiting for you when you return.

Be sure to take up Taz's offer, I mean just call him. Taz, you mean't buy him a drink of Coke or Pepsi, right? :D

:usmc:Give it Hell, bro! :usmc:

outlaw3179
06-08-06, 11:37 AM
Zippo go there with a good attitude and a clear mind and I expect you to come back one of the few, one of the proud , a United States Marine. Semper Fi. Hopefully this is the last time I will have to call you this......poolee. and f that....If Taz buys you a brew you better drink it...and we aint talking no pepsi or anything . :)

His_angel
06-08-06, 11:39 AM
Time will fly and you'll be back before ya know it. Nervous and scared are perfectly understandable.

jinelson
06-08-06, 02:28 PM
Rick, man that was a quick six months that just flew by. I love to see these threads of Poolees shipping because it means I will see the threads by proud new Marines soon after. Leave moto with a good attitude and meet the challenge. Do us proud and Im sure Matt will be by your side all the way. Good Luck Rick and enjoy your rebirth into one of the few. See you in September.

Jim

Mama
06-08-06, 02:39 PM
Go get 'em Zippo!!

And hug your Mama tight before you leave!

Osotogary
06-08-06, 02:45 PM
Best wishes to you, Zippo. Carry on in the tradition of all those who have gone before you. You will do well.
Adios and good luck.

dscusmc
06-08-06, 02:53 PM
Be excited...like echo said...have lots of speed and intensity and you will be fine. I think you've got the right attitude and I fully expect you to have a leadership position in the platoon - squad leader, guide, etc.

I look forward to hearing from you in 3 months.

Semper Fi, Lt. C.

Brooklyn
06-08-06, 03:17 PM
Wow, another one leaving???

Good luck! Give em hell, it'll get you extra aerobic training!

BGMFH
06-08-06, 09:26 PM
Im supposed to be shipping this sunday as well. Sergeant Taz97, swing down to Destin and buy me a few instead maybe?

AmyG
06-08-06, 09:38 PM
Good luck to you, bud. And I'll see ya' whe I get back, because I'm leaving before you get back. You've got lots of support behind you. I'm sure you'll do great.

kovanfleet
06-08-06, 11:19 PM
Good luck

Zippo
06-09-06, 03:19 PM
Thanks to all for the support! Tomorrow's the night!

Hey Taz, I appreciate the offer man, but for my last day I'm going to be with my friends, my girl, and my parents. If you're around when I come back I might take you up on that offer!!

SEE YOU GUYS IN THREE MONTHS, THIS IS MY LAST LOGON AS A POOLEE!!:flag:

jennifer
06-09-06, 07:05 PM
Good Luck Devil PUP and make sure you report back to us as soon as you graduate!!!