PDA

View Full Version : Service Uniform Inquiry

HBD2ISDM
06-07-06, 03:38 PM
When a lady is in a Color Guard, what regulations on uniform does she have? Are there specific reg's on the uniform in say the MCO?:usmc:

Camper51
06-07-06, 04:08 PM
First of all it would be nice if you filled out your profile so we know who you are, thus why you ask the question. I ask this because your profile indicates you are a Marine yet you ask this question!

2nd she would wear the uniform prescribed for the detail. It could be utilities or it could be full Dress Blues A, or anything inbetween. In any case all members of the color guard would
be in the SAME uniform.

HBD2ISDM
06-07-06, 04:39 PM
Please do not think ill of me for not completing the profile info. yet. My senerio for my question is as follows. My church wants a color guard for our Independence Day service. The choir director has been unsuccessful in securing one, so he has asked me to carry the Marine flag. I would be honored to do it. However, to the very best of my recollection, women when in the color guard wear slacks to "match" the men. My church is very conservative and slacks are unacceptable on the women, even if I were in uniform. Having been in the Corps, I did not serve with a color guard, but did with a funeral detail and on that is what I am basing my knowledge. Thank you for any assistance that you can give. Also, thank you for your service to our country. Semper Fi!

Camper51
06-07-06, 05:53 PM
If you wear an appropriate uniform with a skirt that would be most acceptable I am sure and either blues or greens would be acceptable as both are a dress type uniform. If I am wrong on this I am sure someone will let me know ASAP. We also appreciate YOUR service to our Country and Corps...

Marine84
06-07-06, 06:36 PM
I'm no expert but, since nobody will know but those at your church/community I would say that a skirt is acceptable. Now if it were a very public thing - like town parade or something - then you would have to decide between Corps values and church values. I really don't think God will think badly of you either way.

HBD2ISDM
07-05-06, 05:17 PM
In case you were any bit curious. I was not needed for the Color Guard. Our local VFW post was able to get a group of guys along with three National Guardsmen. They did an outstanding job! My heartfelt gratitude I extend to each of them. Their participation in our God and Country service made it fantastic. And everyone who wore his uniform, including me : ), looked sharp, which added to the patriotism of the service.
Thank God for this the greatest nation on the face of the Earth!
May we always remember, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17