PDA

View Full Version : Two things: I'm back and a Marine I'm proud to know

quillhill
06-07-06, 10:57 AM
Hi guys, I'm back from Germany. I'm working from home this morning. I went to bed at midnight last night after being up for about 28 hours straight and was wide awake at 7 a.m. D'oh!

For those who may be wondering how the crux of the trip to Deutscheland went, I am relieved to say my brother in law is still in the Air Force, though he had less than 50 percent chance of that. I don't want to get into the excruciating details, but never in my life did I think I'd personally witness, much less testify at a court martial.

Now, then, while I was in Germany, Sgt. Coffey sent me an e-mail that certainly lifted my spirits. It had this link in it:

http://www.nwguardian.com/sports/story/5781463p-5167791c.html

I met Sgt. Coffey through LCpl Seeley. You may recognize the name
as I quoted Sgt. Coffey extensively in my recent follow up on Seeley.

Anyway, I tend to think Sgt. Coffey is the kind of Marine y'all would be proud
to call your brother.

The past couple weeks have been nuts and I don't know I would have
made it through without the Marines I know and this site.

MillRatUSMC
06-07-06, 11:42 AM
Sorry about all the time you were awake...jet lag?
Hope you're able to regain some of that sleep...
Small question here;
Where can one get some of those bracelets?

Stanley Hroszow
06-07-06, 12:31 PM
Welcome back Brother always remember that God is in control of every thing He it is that takes care of and our problems and uses them to refine us and uses us according to His purpose and all works out four our good because He loves us and we love Him. and all turns out ok

GySgtRet
06-07-06, 12:53 PM
Glad to see that you made it back ok...!!! As we spoke earlier before you left I will give to a call, probably tomorrow becuase of your lack of sleep..Anything on your grandfatherr's service record book yet?

quillhill
06-07-06, 01:15 PM
I went through all the mail, Ed, last night, in hope that the service record book came while we were at Ramstein, but alas, nothing yet.

I look forward to the phone call. Saturday would probably be best. I've not yet gone to the office and I know the next couple days are going to be very busy.

MillRat, I didn't sleep at all on the flight from Frankfurt to Newark, about eight hours. I slept some on the flight from Newark to Seattle, but figured I would try to do what was suggested when we got to Germany...stay up late and sleep late. Didn't happen. When I woke up this morning, it was 4 p.m. at Ramstein. Heh.

I can tell you where Sgt. Coffey got his bracelets. He said he got them at the military memorabilia store off Interstate 5 off the Bridgeport Way exit. So, I'll see if I can find the name...maybe the store has a Web site...and get back to you in a few.

Seeley, if you read this, did Sgt. Coffey get your bracelet for Pfc. Bedard?

GySgtRet
06-07-06, 01:19 PM
Thanks will do Nite Nite...

I know that you are very sleepy...

quillhill
06-07-06, 01:23 PM
I'm not sleepy, Ed...omg, I wish I was. I'll probably hit a wall later...the minute I walk into the office if I go to work.

MillRat, here's the Web site for the store, called Military Memorabilia. You can call or e-mail or whatever. Or I can even drive down there and order stuff for you. I'd love to check the store out.

http://www.allgavesome.us (http://www.allgavesome.com/px-bx_dates.htm)

kirby0351
06-07-06, 01:52 PM
Sorry about all the time you were awake...jet lag?
Hope you're able to regain some of that sleep...
Small question here;
Where can one get some of those bracelets?

They look almost like the metal Vietnam KIA/MIA bracelets. He probably had them specially made, you could prolly search online for a company to make a few.

Mike Kirby

kirby0351
06-07-06, 01:55 PM
Ooops didnt see your post before mine quillhill.

Mike Kirby

Stanley Hroszow
06-07-06, 02:20 PM
Haay Let the marine sleep

Camper51
06-07-06, 02:24 PM
Welcome back Kris, hope all went well. Hope ya get that sleep soon.

quillhill
06-07-06, 03:30 PM
Camper51, things went about as well as I could have hoped. My brother in law is still in the Air Force and hopefully will be for a while. He's going to have to bust his butt in a few months to get his stripes back, but I met one of his COs and many of his NCOs, and they're good people who say they'd rather have 10 of David than one of him and 40 clowns.

Stanley, I have to correct you, but only out of respect for those who have earned the title...I am not a Marine, just a friend of Marines and proud granddaughter of a Marine who is a WWII veteran.

And I'm shocked I'm still awake. I can promise you I won't make it past probably about 2100. Heh.

Stanley Hroszow
06-07-06, 03:40 PM
Sorry I missed the friend part. So any way what is stoping you from being a Marine? and this from no body inportant just another Marine And now your friend. any way please go to sleep. now you are sister.

quillhill
06-07-06, 04:18 PM
Stanley,

it's all good. I just didn't want to let you think I'm something I'm not. Like I said, out of respect for all the good Marines I know.

What's stopping me from becoming a Marine, well if it weren't for the two inch scar on my back from surgery March 2, then it would be the 40 or so extra pounds I still haven't managed to drop. I don't think they let diabetics in, either. Heh.

I got seven hours sleep last night, so I should be good until, oh, 2100, then I'll hit the rack...I just spent 10 days around Airmen and soldiers, I'll be talking like I'm in the military for the next week. My current mission is to find some good chow. The food in Germany sucked. The beer...well, now, who needs to eat when there's German beer to be had? Anyway, yeah, I need some good chow ... then I'll pass out.