PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Toby Keith

jinelson
06-03-06, 06:47 AM
Not only do you talk (or sing) the talk you walk the walk! You are a fine man, performer and American in my book sir. Thank you for what you do to support our troops.

Brothers and sisters the below photo is some of the members of Baker Company 1/7 watching a very recent Toby Keith concert in Al Qa'im Iraq. LCpl Barry P. Harper, Pfc Pigg and our very own Pfc Victor Parrish wearing the BCG's and it looks like they appreciate the concert. Please keep all of our troops serving in harms way in your thoughts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/1VicTobyUSMC.jpg

Source link: http://www.marines.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/lookupstoryref/20066245644

John Mayotte
06-03-06, 07:57 AM
:thumbup: Thank you Ssgt. In another post, there was a topic about performers during the CMA.(?). I was going to add that Toby Keith goes over to Afghanistan on a regular basis to show his support for the troops over there as well as in Iraq. From what I remember, alot of the times he goes over there secretly...I think in defiance of a regulation against traveling to those countries. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not really sure. Anyway, Toby is one of the greatest American Patriots that I know of. Country musicians in general are the best supporters of the American Military, hands down, except for the dixie chicks!

Semper Fi

:flag: John

rb1651
06-03-06, 08:41 AM
Toby Keith is one of the exceptions to the entertainment industry who is not ashamed to offend people and stand up for what he believes in, and that is being a firm supporter of our troops. I have in the past and will continue in the future to buy his CD's because of what he does to make life a little more pleasant, at least for a little while, for our members of the Armed Forces who are in harms way.

Wild Thing
06-03-06, 09:29 AM
Toby Keith is fantastic and I am so glad he goes often to entertain the troops.

Bige1371
06-03-06, 10:48 AM
How can anyone not like Toby? He is the man. I'd like to see him throw down with fatty Moore. That would make my day. LMAO. He is a true American.
Bige1371

MillRatUSMC
06-03-06, 11:01 AM
It's easy to entertain the troops when everybody is being patriotic and the approval ratings are up or sky high.
But it takes a special person to do it in times such as these.
Rendering a salute here to Toby Keith and a heart felt appreciation of all he doing...

outlaw3179
06-03-06, 01:01 PM
Im not a big fan of country music but I truly enjoy listening to Tobys music. Just like he said he doesnt care who he offends or who doesnt like him. He regualary shows the troops how much he appreciates what they are doing and that truly speaks alot about the mans character. Great post Mr. Nelson.

Ironrider
06-03-06, 05:21 PM
Ever notice, that other than Ted Nugent, you don't see rock singers supporting our boys?

Jim

Ignition
06-04-06, 02:34 AM
rwd nugent and toby kieth both par A military supporters and are good at what they do, ROCK ON!

Ignition
06-04-06, 02:35 AM
ooops i ment ted now rwd.... damn alcohool got me..

Seeley
06-04-06, 03:27 AM
Ted Nugent wanted to name his "Super Group" band on VH1, "Chesty Puller". First band name suggestion that he came up with. Of course, no body else felt the way he did about the name, so it never stuck. Too bad... I met TK here in Tacoma, WA. He even made mention of me in the concert lol. He's good people for sure.