PDA

View Full Version : Murtha, Traitorous Left Exploit Haditha

fontman
06-01-06, 02:10 PM
Human Events ^ | June 1, 2006 | Michael Reagan

If you pay close attention to the media firestorm over the incident in Haditha, you'll discover constant references to the war in Vietnam in general and My Lai in particular.

That's no accident. The crazed American left in and out of the media is trying to accomplish in Iraq what they accomplished in Vietnam-a shameful American defeat wrested from the jaws of victory.

Make no mistake about it, these traitorous anti-war zealots are salivating over the possibility that they can exploit whatever happened in Haditha last November just as they exploited the My Lai massacre and thousands of G.I. deaths in Vietnam.

Without any real knowledge of the Nov. 19 deaths of 24 civilians and the role if any played in the killings by United States Marines, the despicable Democrat Rep. John Murtha is charging that members of the Marine Corps killed those civilians in cold blood.

The media is whooping and hollering over Murtha's accusations, showcasing him on radio and TV broadcasts and egging him on, something scarcely needed since he's been all too anxious to clutter up the air waves with his egomaniacal blatherings.

This is all a matter of déjà vu to those of us who remember what happened in Vietnam, and how the same media now ranting and raving about Haditha helped drive us from Vietnam-where we were winning-an outcome that cost the lives of over a million Vietnamese and Cambodians.

Central to the attempt to drive us out of Vietnam were the phony atrocity stories peddled by the likes of Jane Fonda and John Kerry and the story of My Lai where somewhere between 300 and 500 Vietnamese villagers were butchered by an out-of-control U.S. Army unit-a real atrocity that bolstered Kerry's phony accounts of American misbehavior in battle.

In Vietnam, the left learned their lesson well and they are now applying it to Iraq, where they hope to obtain similar results-the mightiest nation on the face of the earth cutting and running from a conflict against a ragtag foe we are slowly and painfully winning.

The worst aspect of this treasonous activity is the motive behind much of the anti-war hysteria-an insane hatred of George W. Bush and the overwhelming lust of the Democrats to regain control of Capitol Hill no matter what it costs the United States of America in blood and treasure.

Don't make any mistake about it-that exactly what is driving John Murtha-this war's John Kerry-and his conscienceless colleagues. They didn't give a doodly damn that their part in causing the U.S. to bug out of Vietnam caused more than 58,000 of our fellow Americans to have died in vain. And today they couldn't care less if the grieving survivors-moms, dads, wives and children-of the soldiers and Marines who laid down their lives in Iraq have to face the possibility that their loved ones' deaths were meaningless.

What these modern-day Benedict Arnolds are attempting to do is the recreate the shameful spectacle of battle-scarred veterans coming home from Vietnam to be cursed and spat at and called baby killers by the very people they risked their lives to serve.

Their crocodile tears over the killings in Haditha-which may or may not have been justified by the exigencies of combat-masks their delight that they may now have a new My Lai. Never mind that My Lai costs hundreds of deaths while in Haditha just 24 people died in what may have been the heat of battle. With the enthusiastic cooperation of the media the two incidents are compared to sap the morale of the American people to the point where they will accept a shameful defeat and leave the people of Iraq to the same kind of tender mercies shown to the betrayed people of Vietnam and Cambodia.

I want to tell the veterans of Vietnam that this is what they did to you and this is what John Murtha and the rest of the traitorous left are now trying to do to the brave men and women in Iraq. They want to turn their image into that of baby killers. You should be the ones marching in the streets against the left and John Murtha and his slimy friends. You must not allow what happened to you happen to the men and women in Iraq.

-30-

Amen!

OLE SARG
06-01-06, 02:47 PM
All this media blitz is showing ms murtha in her true light - a two-faced big-mouth who don't know what in the hell he is talking about. He must have forgotten his roots as a Marine and forgot our motto, "SEMPER FI"!!!!!! WAIT UNTIL THE INVESTIGATION IS DONE AND THEN START YOUR BAD-MOUTHING ms murtha!!!!! He may have been a good Marine but he ain't ****e in the politician dept!!!!!! He needs to retire to an old turd's home!!!

SEMPER FI,

fontman
06-01-06, 06:07 PM
A few of his retired contemporaries around my neck-of-the-woods that I have the pleasure of knowing think he is an azzhat, as well...

;)

grantraus
06-01-06, 06:42 PM
Fontman summed it up. Thes leftist commy SOB's don't give a damn about the brave men and women serving overseas, especially in Iraq. They want their powerful majority back on Capital Hill for power's sake. Just like bill klinton, just like hillary klinton-you know what?, what'supw/thisforum? i have something to say but something is screwy with the way this format lets me/DOESNT let me type my text. if you go 2 delete a letter it screws you up, you have to type the rest of the message cuz it eats the next letter.

fontman
06-02-06, 06:21 AM
http://fontman.smugmug.com/photos/72941216-M.jpg

:D

JBrac420
06-02-06, 08:19 AM
Murtha's a typical politician. He uses his service in the Corps to make himself an unquestionable authority on the topic of war. I do not know much about his time in the Corps except that the press says he was an officer and he served in Vietnam so therefore he has a free hand to dump on the war effort. While the General officers over in Iraq have promised to reeducate all the good men and women serving over there on 'Core Values', perhaps Murtha should be reeducated on his own 'Core Values'. He has forgotten the Marine Corps motto 'Semper Fi' and has replaced it with political oppurtunitism and selfish ambition. This war is hard enough without nay sayers on the sidelines questioning every move our military makes and then Monday morning quarterbacking it when something goes wrong. The investigation on the alleged masacare is underway and not a day goes by without some politician with an axe to grind having a news conference on this issue. I just hope our Marines and soldiers aren't getting wind of this, however in this information age I'm sure they are. Shame on Murtha and all of his kind.
Semper Fi,
Brackett

chuckmarine
06-02-06, 12:23 PM
Oorah, Top. Believe you have told it like it is. My personal opinion is that we should do the equivalent of "drumming him out of the Corps," just as they did to soldiers a couple of centuries earlier. He should no longer have the right to call himself, "Marine." If there ever was an "Ex-Marine,) he is one (of the many who disgraced themselves and our Corps.

Semper Fi,

qlajlu
06-02-06, 01:36 PM
Murtha's jumping to convict these Marines before any trial or even a complete investigation is nothing short of despicable. How dare he call himself a Marine? Obviously he has forgotten who has his back.

Smokey2074
06-02-06, 02:14 PM
I agree that the media and Murtha are jumping on a story before all the facts of the investigation are in. Don't jump off the other side of the boat and slam 'the left'. In my humble opinion, it is the stupid, pointless bickering and fingerpointing between the Liberals and the Conservatives that has our country in the **** poor state it is in today. 'You're a traitor to want to leave' 'Oh yeah, you're fighting a war you can't win' BLAH BLAH BLAH. They are all crooks, they just have different mascots. Maybe if we all put our differences aside and focused on the important things in life, we could actually get the country back to where it used to be.
Semper Fi.:usmc:

Dave Coup
06-02-06, 02:48 PM
I concur with you 100% 1st Sgt. I've been preaching the same sermon only not quite as eloquently or politely. John Murtha-Fonda, John Kerry-Fonda and the original traitorous ***** can kiss an old Marine's ass.

oldcorps
06-02-06, 03:03 PM
I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps from Oct.'53 til Oct.'61. I never met a 'Marine" like murtha. The man is a disgrace to the Corps. He may well have acquitted himself well in 'Nam, however, that's 40 years ago. His two wounds must have been to his brain. Because from his comments he didn't have anything to engage before opening his very large mouth. If the people in his district of PA were smart he would not get elected again!!

dickiki
06-02-06, 06:56 PM
Each of us has the right to communicate our feelings regarding the latest incident of problems that has occurred in Iraq. I too have listened intently to all the news broadcasts, and there is more to come I'm certain. WE DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS. I do not know Rep.Murtha, but he is responsibile to his constituents to be truthful with his statements. He too is a human being, and like us he has opinions. I have never seen a Marine who did not have one. Over the years I have come to the realization that we may differ on what is right and what is wrong, but if we do not act when we see actions as being wrong, we are failing ourselves. I do not want to be a member of any chorus for or against anyone or any movement unless I know the facts. My home and my four years in the Corps formed that base for me. When the facts are
in front of us, I'll let my feelings speak. One thing I do wish for is elected officials to stand up and represent the people. We do not have good, elected
representatives. Perhaps the time has come for a real independent third party. USMC 45-49 (566445)

john jennings
06-02-06, 07:48 PM
I just wonder how all of these reporters, and politicians, can be so positive, so very positive, and so very harsh, that this group of Marines committed some terrible crime. How many of them actually witnessed this action. By reading the newspapers,and internet news, there must have been scores of these people standing by, watching this 'horror' taking place. As someone said earlier, let the investigation go forward by the proper people who know how to do it. BUT, DO NOT , convict these young men by the power of the press. And above all, how can a former Marine not only condone these allegations, but enhance them. Mr. Murtha should be ashamed for his condemnations before any guilt is proven. Tired of the BS by the press. jj

marine07207
06-02-06, 08:41 PM
:evilgrin: To Accuse Our Brave marines that served in Haditha of Murder before the investigations are done, is to deny them justice, Justice denied tothose marines, is a denial of due process, Murtha, stop feeding the left and our real enemy, Al Queda. God bless those marines for having to do the same job that we had to do in vietnam, And I speak from my own experience from having served in Vietnam, Semper Fidelis, God Bless those marines involved in the Haditha Incident. God Bless The Marine Corps.
Human Events ^ | June 1, 2006 | Michael Reagan

If you pay close attention to the media firestorm over the incident in Haditha, you'll discover constant references to the war in Vietnam in general and My Lai in particular.

That's no accident. The crazed American left in and out of the media is trying to accomplish in Iraq what they accomplished in Vietnam-a shameful American defeat wrested from the jaws of victory.

Make no mistake about it, these traitorous anti-war zealots are salivating over the possibility that they can exploit whatever happened in Haditha last November just as they exploited the My Lai massacre and thousands of G.I. deaths in Vietnam.

Without any real knowledge of the Nov. 19 deaths of 24 civilians and the role if any played in the killings by United States Marines, the despicable Democrat Rep. John Murtha is charging that members of the Marine Corps killed those civilians in cold blood.

The media is whooping and hollering over Murtha's accusations, showcasing him on radio and TV broadcasts and egging him on, something scarcely needed since he's been all too anxious to clutter up the air waves with his egomaniacal blatherings.

This is all a matter of déjà vu to those of us who remember what happened in Vietnam, and how the same media now ranting and raving about Haditha helped drive us from Vietnam-where we were winning-an outcome that cost the lives of over a million Vietnamese and Cambodians.

Central to the attempt to drive us out of Vietnam were the phony atrocity stories peddled by the likes of Jane Fonda and John Kerry and the story of My Lai where somewhere between 300 and 500 Vietnamese villagers were butchered by an out-of-control U.S. Army unit-a real atrocity that bolstered Kerry's phony accounts of American misbehavior in battle.

In Vietnam, the left learned their lesson well and they are now applying it to Iraq, where they hope to obtain similar results-the mightiest nation on the face of the earth cutting and running from a conflict against a ragtag foe we are slowly and painfully winning.

The worst aspect of this treasonous activity is the motive behind much of the anti-war hysteria-an insane hatred of George W. Bush and the overwhelming lust of the Democrats to regain control of Capitol Hill no matter what it costs the United States of America in blood and treasure.

Don't make any mistake about it-that exactly what is driving John Murtha-this war's John Kerry-and his conscienceless colleagues. They didn't give a doodly damn that their part in causing the U.S. to bug out of Vietnam caused more than 58,000 of our fellow Americans to have died in vain. And today they couldn't care less if the grieving survivors-moms, dads, wives and children-of the soldiers and Marines who laid down their lives in Iraq have to face the possibility that their loved ones' deaths were meaningless.

What these modern-day Benedict Arnolds are attempting to do is the recreate the shameful spectacle of battle-scarred veterans coming home from Vietnam to be cursed and spat at and called baby killers by the very people they risked their lives to serve.

Their crocodile tears over the killings in Haditha-which may or may not have been justified by the exigencies of combat-masks their delight that they may now have a new My Lai. Never mind that My Lai costs hundreds of deaths while in Haditha just 24 people died in what may have been the heat of battle. With the enthusiastic cooperation of the media the two incidents are compared to sap the morale of the American people to the point where they will accept a shameful defeat and leave the people of Iraq to the same kind of tender mercies shown to the betrayed people of Vietnam and Cambodia.

I want to tell the veterans of Vietnam that this is what they did to you and this is what John Murtha and the rest of the traitorous left are now trying to do to the brave men and women in Iraq. They want to turn their image into that of baby killers. You should be the ones marching in the streets against the left and John Murtha and his slimy friends. You must not allow what happened to you happen to the men and women in Iraq.

-30-

Amen!

beaufort bob
06-03-06, 10:35 AM
:yes: You will be happy to know that the Marines involved have been exhonorated. Go to www.military.com (http://www.military.com) for the headline story. Now Murtha can go straight to hell.

Steve68
06-03-06, 12:16 PM
Rep. Murtha is out of line for saddeling up with the ultra Left. It is "innocent until proven guilty" in this Nation. I also find it an insult that according to recently released secret papers of Henry Kissinger, he told communist China that this country would have no problem if the communists took over Vietnam but could they wait for X number of months after we withdrew. Talk about abandoning the 58,000 dead and all of us that survived that war!!
Semper Fi Brothers!!

beaufort bob
06-03-06, 07:12 PM
What a tragedy that the lousy political machine in this country for years has exploited the military under the false pretense of saving some worthless country's ass. We haven't fought atrue war since WW11 if the truth be known, we've been disgraced since Korea and it's not going to end until our people rise up and demand change. Trust me...this doesn't mean changing party's. The Dems have no more answers than the Repubs. The lousy,deceitful corrupt Congress has to be taken to task, but the people won't do it. Ted Kennedy and others like him "should rot in hell and die of a hard-on".
Michael Savage of radio station WOR710 in N.Y.C. has the answer but it will never happen. "Bomb the ****ing Sunni Triangle " and it's over. Did you hear that, Mr. Bush. I guess not. Rummy wouldn't agree.:mad: