PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Needs Help

USMC8541
12-19-02, 01:44 PM
Hi I am new here and I need some advise, I work in law enforcement with a guy who I know deserted the Marine Reserves right after Desert storm. I would like to let the Chief Know but I have no proof...

mardet65
12-19-02, 02:24 PM
USMC8541:
Seeing that you asked. I'd tell the loudmouth what I think of him and forget about it! However, If you can't live with that- and I understand why you might not be able to- most police departments have a rules and procedures manual which includes "Conduct Unbecoming an Officer". Having spent 30 + years in law enforcement, I believe this would apply to this guy and a meeting between you, him and the Chief might be advisable. If as you say, he's bragging about ducking the corp, you can ask him about it in front of your Chief without making any accusations.

Super Dave
12-19-02, 02:56 PM
It's surprising that the department didn't find out he was a deserter in their background check. Notify Internal Affairs about it, a anonymous note or call to them. Let them run with the ball.

USMC8541
12-19-02, 03:27 PM
mardet you are right we cannot cause any grief to another officer as per Policy and Proceedure <br />
We have no internal affairs we are a small dept. Thats why I would like to try to find a document like...

Sgt0811
12-19-02, 03:52 PM
Marine Corps Absentee Collection Center 703-614-2095 or 2674

Deserter Information Point 703-614-3248 or 3376

If you would rather someone else do this send me a PM

I am a retired Police Officer and have captured a few deserters.

chicagousmc
12-19-02, 08:01 PM
Deserted the Marine Reserves? Was in an active duty status or just didn't finish out his reserve committment and probably received a discharge? The reason I ask is that I know of many Marines,, if...

USMC8541
12-20-02, 12:07 AM
He was a reservist, but he had obligated time, I wonder if he did get an honorable, its kinda a slap in the face to those who served thier time and then some. he had served about two years of his 4 years active reserve.

NamGrunt68
12-20-02, 04:28 AM
Turn that sumb!tch in but before ya do, stomp a mud hole in his chest !!! I weren't no perfect Marine with 9 or 10 Article 15, two summarys and one special, but I never would o even thought about deserting........that scumbag needs a whuppin !!! I'll make them calls if ya don't want to.....

Barndog
12-20-02, 06:20 AM
Ya, I fVcked up too.... paid my penance, and moved onward. Went on to get 3 Honorables - from the Corps and Army National Guards.

Dirtballs like that need my size 13D in the freakin head a few times, then maybe a week or 2 with Dane, Joe and the boys....

Then we turn whats left, in... for proper adjudication.

Semper FI Brothers

- every dirtbag needs to pay the price- I paid mine, Dane paid his - why are some different?

www.awolbush.com

leroy8541
12-21-02, 06:03 AM
Turn his a$$ in let him pay! I was sent to DS with a reserve Bn.when we got back we had a bunch of a$$holes take off and never return. me and a couple of other marines that were called out of the IRR after a long active duty hitch to go with these bast@# spent a year taking care of thier sorry butts and they took a hike as soon as thier feet hit conus! Giving a bad name to thier comrads after going thru that crap, there are some very good Marines in the reserves, some have never seen active duty other than boot and ITS, but when the call came they were there and they did it honorably, but these little cheesedicks are giving the rest a bad name, I say turn his sorry butt in!!
Only prob is they are pretty much untouchable I've already tried to get one, no one gives a crap.

mardet65
12-21-02, 03:00 PM
I didn't mean the rules and procedures manual would apply to you. What I meant was the jerks actions would fall under &quot;Conduct Unbecoming an Officer&quot; ie: bringing discredit upon the department. Your...

Sparrowhawk
12-21-02, 04:49 PM
Run him and if he's wanted, arrest and book him and get credit for a felony bust out of the deal!

If the Chief gives you any flack, run him too...LOL

Cook LOL

USMCMex
12-21-02, 05:55 PM
I know exactly how you feel. We got activated for DS and we were all ready to go. Sure there were some that did not want to go but they went. There was one Marine that was whinning about how he was a student in med school and that he was exempt from going. not true, everyone go's. His parents came down and pulled him out and into the CO office. A while later he was walking out and smiling ,i'm not going but you are see ya. Marines like those two should not called Marines but something else. wheres the respect. Burn him.
:mad:

speakeasy
12-21-02, 07:17 PM
NEW GUY REMEMBER cya revenge is best served on a cold platter take your time don't make you look like the bad guy. Investigate find what unit he was in/ask questions /it could be he wasn't worth the trouble to the corps. stay cool watch yourback and stay safe out there

Riven37
12-21-02, 09:10 PM
USMC since you work in law enforcement I don't see why you can't turn him in yourself. In fact, I would think it would be your duty to turn him in. As far as I know the FBI still handles deserters. Remember the old phrase "keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer."

Barndog
12-22-02, 04:30 AM
I guess it's painfully apparent where the belief in the Marine Corps values changed.

Any dirtball who deserted reserves or otherwise - doesn't deserve the right to sniff the sweat off my skivvies.... ESPECIALLY if he's going around bragging about his 'time' in my fVcking Marine Corps.

Nuf said.