PDA

View Full Version : SERE school?

onux16
05-27-06, 11:34 PM
During a pool function this past Thursday, I met a guy who's pursuing the same MOS as I am (Crew Chief). I asked about the different schools he had to go to. One of the things he mentioned was SEER school, but when I asked him what it's about and what he learned, he told me it's confidential. Can anyone else offer a bit more detail as to what I'll be learning?

**for an idea of how much he told me, a brief description (http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13190,Lind_021204,00.html) given in an article on Military.com covers the same amount of detail told to me:
"One pilot suggested SEER school might be a model -- that is training where pilots get 'shot down and captured,' and have to try to survive and escape."

jinelson
05-28-06, 12:05 AM
lol its Survival Escape Resistance and Evasion (SERE) school at Bridgeport CA aka Pickle Meadows or it was when I went, but I piloted a 5 ton M35A2C truck.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-28-06, 03:25 PM
Boots Boots Boots

onux16
05-30-06, 12:31 AM
echo_four_bravo, I don't understand :no:

outlaw3179
05-30-06, 12:22 PM
Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape.

http://www.gosere.com/fast.html

onux16
05-30-06, 02:43 PM
thanks for the site, outlaw. There was a video on there that showed me some of the training I'll be receiving, although the "classified" thing I was told mean to me that there's more to it than what's presented.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-30-06, 09:00 PM
onux, you'll know when its time.

onux16
05-30-06, 09:48 PM
you're right, I will. Just hoping I could get as much info as I could.

It's like the "Christmas present effect". You do any and everything you can to find out what the gift is -- shaking, smelling, asking parents and siblings, etc. -- up until you actually open the gift.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-31-06, 12:23 PM
Onux, everyone that has ever been, or heard of SERE wants to know more about it. But, if you knew what was coming, it would hinder the training process. It is what it is for a very real reason. There is enough info out there to know what you are getting yourself into, without really hurting what they are trying to do.

onux16
08-05-07, 08:05 PM
Hey guys (and glas)

I finished SERE in March. What an experience! Honestly, I can't tell you much about it, but if you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it.

MGySgtSki
08-05-07, 09:19 PM
echo_four_bravo, I don't understand :no:

LOL, I DO!!! Sheesh....boot, boots, marching up and down again, boots, boots.......

Thanks for the memories E4B!!

S/F

Alpha Whiskey
01-20-11, 02:28 PM
So I'm a female in the Marine Corps and apparently I'm going to SERE School in March. Is there anything mentally or physically I should do to prepare myself for this? I know the basics of what it entails but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything?

onux16
01-20-11, 03:44 PM
AlphaWhiskey, you can't prepare for SERE. It is difficult to explain. Just know that any knowledge and gear you need will be provided. Physically, you can drink a lot of milk for your bones, but you aren't even hiking with packs.

Honestly, just learn as much as you can. And speaking of "can", don't be the jerk who knocks yours over.

Devil1087
01-20-11, 10:26 PM
The SERE aircrew does does not involve torture, don't worry about it poolees.

indygti
01-21-11, 08:59 AM
SERE is my clantag on Call of Duty: Black Ops. I've never been, but it sounded like a pretty cool clantag. Just throwing that out there...

Sgt Leprechaun
01-21-11, 11:13 PM
It's nothing, I'm told, like it was 20 years ago. Go in with an open mind and be ready to learn. Even then, though, as with most things, the 'dreaded anticipation' is sometimes worse than the real thing. Still, you need to be prepared. Best advice I have....MENTALLY.