PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here

Ricko
12-17-02, 02:36 PM
Just joined today. Was with 3/7 Marines from July 67 till April 68.
Forward Air Control Team Leader

thedrifter
12-17-02, 03:01 PM
Welcome

Drop your bags......pull up a footlocker.....sit a spell read and make a few posts....... We all enjoy those sea stories.........while you can........Our Sgt's always find work for the newbies...;) ......

Talking about those Sgt's.....Where are they now???They are the Welcoming Commitee......never can find them.....

You can always stop in the slope shute for a few drinks......You might just then bang into the Sgt's...........and to keep on Chesty's side....just pour him a beer in his bowl.....Gary trained him well......LOL.......

Welcome Again...............

Sempers,

Roger

Kegler300
12-17-02, 03:40 PM
Welcome aboard, Ricko! Always a pleasure to have a FNG check-in. Beers are in the fridge, so help yourself. What part of Michigan are you from?

wrbones
12-17-02, 03:42 PM
Welcome Home Marine!

< ****, ya sneak off fer a beer and everything happens>

Glad to see ya. I'm glad yer here!

Let's see, we got a ****ter detail werkin'... We got firewatch list werkin.....We got folks watching the wire and patrollin the perimeter.....Ain't no body been on mess duty in this outfit fer awhile......

Ricko
12-17-02, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm near Detroit Kegler300

ecomsg68
12-17-02, 05:26 PM
Good place to hang your p1ss cutter and secure your seabag ... interesting posts and lots of scuttlebutt!

:thumbup:

LongShot
12-17-02, 05:34 PM
Welcome aboard...

You could not have stumbled your way into a better place. Conversations great, people are friendly (for the most part), and the beer is always cold. Sit back, open one up and stay awhile.

Semper Fi!

JAMarine
12-17-02, 07:39 PM
Welcome Home Marine

Ifn ya ever need anything, don't hesitate to sound off.

SHOOTER1
12-17-02, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the best of the best, it may sometimes seem like we have fights in here, and we do, thats the reason we were Marines, to allow disagreements, but we do have fun, check out all the sights, very interesting, brother bones will show you around if you git lost, and FNGs always buy the first round, postage included, and theres a Royal Marine running around somewhere, he probably likes his warm , SATS, but not everybody knows good taste. Semper Fi, and have fun, join in when you feel like gitting something off your chest.

jerry wozny
12-18-02, 07:30 AM
HEY RICKO WELCOME ABOARD. WHERE IN MICH ARE YOU? I AM FROM LIVONIA. WAS WITH C CO. 7TH ENGRS ATTACHED TO FIRST MARINES MAY 67 TO JAN 69.

mardet65
12-18-02, 11:22 AM
Hey Ricko:
Welcome aboard! I'm relatively new to the post myself. Been here about 2 weeks or so. I'm not far from you, down in Ohio west of Cleveland. Look up my thread re: RVN PUC, maybe you can clarify my question?

Barndog
12-18-02, 12:48 PM
Hell!!!! Bout time I'm seeing more Jarheads from Michigan.

And, when was the last time Corporals were "FNG's"?????? I'm tellin ya..... you Sgts and Staff NCO's may have a little more a$$ here than ya think to push around.
Of course, you can be like Bones, and slip off for beer all the time, and then come in late, wonderin who had the firewatch list.

Maybe we'll make up a Sgt and Staff NCO FireWatch list. HOWS THAT SOUND???
(Master Gunnery Sergeants, and 1stSgt's not included) ...unless of course you pi$$ us off.......... LMAO But rest assured Bones has the first MONTH. (doesn't even offer subordinates a cold beer..... whata guy)

Semper FI

Ricko
12-18-02, 03:21 PM
hey, I'm about 5 minutes from you in livonia. I work in Farmington Hills and live in Commerce Twp.

JRtheSTAR
12-19-02, 04:45 AM
Wecolme home Marine and welcome aboard.

You, jerry wozny and myself are neighbors, I live in Novi.

Hey jerry wozny, I was 3rd Engineers and 1st Engineers attached to 1st Marines in Phu Bai.

DSchmitke
12-19-02, 09:28 AM
Joined in Aug. Was with H&MS-14 MAG- 14 @ Cherry Point. Another Marine from Michigan. In Kalamazoo

Barndog
12-20-02, 11:01 AM
I (got out from) VMA-(aw)-224 at The Pit - 1983. Don't even know if they still exist do they?
I'm in Lansing, got lots of friends and family in KZoo. Another reason to drink beer there. YAY.

Semper FI

DSchmitke
12-22-02, 09:37 AM
VMA-(AW)-224 is now in Beaufort S.C. w/MAG-31 I'am original from Lansing. Maybe we have seen each other @ the Point I worked Supply in Repairable Management Section (RMS) Black box. Just next door to 224.