PDA

View Full Version : Hirsi Ali is Your Problem Now, America

thedrifter
05-19-06, 07:57 AM
Hirsi Ali is Your Problem Now, America
May 19th, 2006
Frederik H. Coppes

Hirsi Ali has become a cause celebre among American conservatives as a refugee from Islamic oppression. Sympathy has led to an uncritical assignment to her of virtue. Please consider the facts.

Yes, the Dutch politician Hirsi Ali is a charming personality who excels in candid outspokenness, especially on the subject of Islamic fundamentalism. Yes, the Dutch government is currently considering stripping her of her nationality. Wouldn’t the US government do the same when someone admits to being a fraud?

Fact: she lied to obtain Dutch citizenship, and not just about her name and a few other basic facts. She deliberately made a mockery of the law on international refugees, admitting that she just wanted to get into the country to better herself.

Today, it is not the sudden public interest in her background that causes her to migrate to the US. This she decided a considerable time ago, admitting herself that her contribution to the public debate in Holland on the subject of Islamic fundamentalism was no longer constructive but had turned into the opposite. Also, her political rise had come to a halt.

In any case, her travel plans are by no means inspired by any kind of oppression. She was and remains always perfectly free to speak her mind. You don’t have to be Muslim to disagree with her constant “Muslim bashing” (and no, I am not Muslim). By the way, “Muslim bashing” is not my choice of words, but they did appear in connection with her in a report of a national board of advisors to the government. Her prompt reaction was a proposition to abolish the board all together.

Well, that’s one way of dealing with an institution that doesn’t agree with you.

Looking on as you are doing from the USA, it may seem that the Dutch are well and truly divided on this issue. However, bear in mind that the Dutch political arena has recently become a complete battleground and the main issue is “immigration.” Most of what is being said and done over this incident is politically motivated and/or serves to cover up some kind of involvement in her deceit to obtain citizenship. A lot of people hoped that that her charming appearance would make everything go away. For a long time, it did.

Anyway, she is leaving us now, and she is your problem. Let’s see how she will fare in the USA.

In her battle against Islam, she actually proposed to change our constitution (see page six) and abolish the fundamental freedom of education we enjoy. I wonder how that will go down in the US. And I am interested to see how the American public reacts to some of her impromptu actions, like questioning a small child on TV on the subject of belief in God.

Whatever the outcome, you can forget about sending her back here!

The question on my mind right now is: how did she obtain her US green card? How did she manage to put her moving date forward on such short notice? Did she have to go through the usual channels and procedures, like everyone else? Maybe you should ask yourselves that before you question why the Dutch refuse to accept legal fraud by anyone, let alone a legislator.

Frederik H Coppes lives in Amsterdam.

Ellie