PDA

View Full Version : Is there a .mil email address for each Marine?

DavidJBlythe
05-16-06, 04:56 PM
If so, how do I set it up?

Range Coach
05-16-06, 05:00 PM
Is this THE David Blythe that we have all heard soooo much about? If so, I take it that you made it through boot camp. Welcome aboard brother, welcome aboard.

DavidJBlythe
05-16-06, 05:02 PM
Thank you, Sgt. It feels outstanding to have finally earned that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.

Any ideas on getting a .mil email address?

Range Coach
05-16-06, 05:10 PM
I might be a little dated to answer that with any accuracy. Jim, do you know how the new Marine would go about this?

captken
05-16-06, 07:57 PM
Maybe I can help. I'm retired Navy now working for a contractor at Quantico. We support the Navy Marine Corps Intranet. You will get a .mil address when you get to your duty station.

Eventually all bases will be connected to the NMCI. One of the advantages of that is that you will have one address that will follow you everywhere you go. You'll be able to sit down at any Navy or Marine Corps computer and log on.

That's it in a nutshell. Someone who has just gone through the process could give you more of the particulars. Good luck and congratulations Marine! -kj-

quillhill
05-16-06, 08:39 PM
That's how my brother-in-law got his .mil address. He's in the Air Force. When he got to his first duty station. Though I've noticed with Marines I've corresponded with, it's awesomeMarine@usmc.mil. With the AF, my brother got a station specific one, i.e., awesomeAirman@ramstein.af.mil

(Obviously those are made up user names...)

When will you find out where your first duty station is, BTW?

GySgtRet
05-16-06, 08:56 PM
First of all. Congratulations Marine. I feel that I know you allready from what your fiance' has told us about you. They way she has put things here is that she will go hell and high water for you. She is a keeper I would think. It takes a very special pair to do what you two have commited to in the Marine Corps. I wish you both the best in the world.

To reflect what quillhill and captken have stated when you report into your permanant duty station you will recive your .mil. Providing that there aren't any other David Blythes @usmc.mil you could be david.blythe@usmc.mil. Please do not click on the hyperlink it shows that it may be an active address. WEW would not want to intrude now would we?

Anyway, WElcome home Marine have a good leave you have earned it...!!

Semper Fidelis

jennifer
05-16-06, 11:40 PM
well since im currently in then im sure i can help... youre speakin of the outlook account i assume... outlook is the global thing where u can find Marines as well as civilians and I believe airforce personnel too... your s-6 has to set that up for you...

jennifer
05-16-06, 11:42 PM
for exmaple... Mine is jennifer.quirino@usmc.mil (that's my NMCI one... which I HATE!!) and then i have my old MFR one which is quirinoj@mfr.usmc.mil

is that what u meant there pfc?

DobbinsBlythe
05-17-06, 11:49 AM
One Suggestion If She Has Not Heard That One About The Marine

Corps And Wives, You Might Want To Tell Her Before Someone Else

Does. My Wife Did Not Take The Joke Very Well!!!:)

After reading your post last night, David explained the joke about how the Marine beat his wife to death after finding out about blanks put in a pistol that he was supposed to kill her with for some sort of WONDERFUL job. Is that the joke? It really wasn't that funny at first, but the less I thought INTO it, and the more I thought about the Corps the funnier it got. I hope that's the joke you're talking about, sir.

Camper51
05-17-06, 12:04 PM
Pfc Blythe. We look forward to your future in the Corps. We know it is in good hands with those such as you...

booksbenji
05-18-06, 12:14 AM
:marine:
awhile gots a address awesomeMarine@usmc.mil. ;)

We must be awesome cause we IS :evilgrin: