PDA

View Full Version : Trudeau's 'comics' not funny

thedrifter
05-14-06, 10:43 AM
Trudeau's 'comics' not funny
Last Updated: May 14, 2006, 06:25:18 AM PDT

Gary Trudeau and The Bee have crossed the line. Political rhetoric is one thing. Denigrating those who put their lives on the line for others in this complex world is without excuse.

In the Sunday "comics," Trudeau not only insinuates that those who serve in the Marines and the Army are "losers," he places an Army sergeant as the person making the accusation against the Marines.

Don't tell me he has free speech when in this politically correct world I have to call people by special names of their choosing and am chastised if I don't. This comic is the most blatant example of left-leaning speech being tolerated and even encouraged where other opinions are banned.

I served alongside servicemen in both of the branches Mr. Trudeau assails as "losers." In my long life, I have met few that are their equal in intelligence, perseverance, talent, compassion and patriotism.

TIM EWELL,

former Army captain, infantry

Modesto

Ellie

yellowwing
05-14-06, 12:18 PM
This comic is the most blatant example of left-leaning speech being tolerated and even encouraged where other opinions are banned.
Its ironic that the Captain is complaining about banned opinions when his opion was published in the Modesto Bee (http://www.modbee.com/opinion/letters/story/12182651p-12926490c.html).