PDA

View Full Version : I ship June5th and so Ill be around for 4th of July... Got 1 question

BigWayne3000
05-12-06, 03:59 PM
Hello Marines. Like my topic says, I ship out for Parris Island June 5th and I'll be around for July 4th so I was just wondering, do the Drill Instructors do anything special seeing as how its the 4th of July? If anyone whose been thru boot during this time and can speak from experience and offer some insight it's greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Range Coach
05-12-06, 04:01 PM
Wayne, the Marine Corps allows each and every recruit to have at least one soft drink and a bag of chips on the Fourth of July. If you don't get yours, make sure to bring it to the attention of the Drill Instructor.

Marine84
05-12-06, 04:15 PM
The platoon gets to go to the parade deck and watch fireworks too

Range Coach
05-12-06, 04:26 PM
Don't they still give out an adult beverage if you're over 21?

Bige1371
05-13-06, 11:54 PM
I agree with range Coach. Make sure you ask your SDI if they don't have a drink and pizza by 2200.

Phantom Blooper
05-14-06, 06:37 AM
You have a cookout with hot dogs and hamburgers and all the fixins'. Then you go to the pool with a free pass. Afterwards you go to the base theater and see a motivating flick. When the sun goes down they take you on a stroll over to the fireworks field. As you pass through the gate you are issued a lawn chair or a blankie ...your choice. If your 21 or over you get two beers.If your platoon is high in the series they take you on the third to buy a fifth to celebrate the fourth. :beer: If not you get your choice of soda pop.Everyone get chips and a box of sparklers also. Then you go back to the barracks and have free time until taps. ALLTEL and Verizon usually bring cell phones in for that five minute phone call to that special someone back home.

If you delay your enlistment to Christmas you will be in for a better time. Santa come to see ya and fills your sock on the quarterdeck with cheer!:banana:

GunnyM
05-18-06, 03:57 PM
I graduated July 19th (1991 - don't say a word!) and we got to sit on the parade deck and watch fireworks. That was about it.

Lorix
05-18-06, 09:00 PM
I was there for last year's forth of July. Got a big juicy t-bone steak, got to sit on the parade deck and watch fireworks, got a hot dog and chips to go with it. I would go into more detail, but my Drill Instructor will probably read this, so I'll leave it at that.

FistFu68
05-18-06, 09:38 PM
:usmc: THEY MAKE ALL MARINES,WRAP THEMSELVE'S IN THEIR BLANKET'S.TURN OUT LIGHT'S,MAKE ALL SCUM BAG'S,ROLL AROUND SQ.BAY DECK.THE STATIC IS A MINI LIGHT SHOW! :usmc:

goat
05-18-06, 09:45 PM
I graduated in 1974 @ MCRD-SD. I don't remember doing anything these other guys are talking about. To be truthfull, I wouldn't expect anything out of the ordanary course of training, wich is what you're there for. Except your DI's might give you some aditional Marine Corps history that day or let you burn one if you smoke.

Tobes03
05-22-06, 05:28 PM
Hello Marines. Like my topic says, I ship out for Parris Island June 5th and I'll be around for July 4th so I was just wondering, do the Drill Instructors do anything special seeing as how its the 4th of July? If anyone whose been thru boot during this time and can speak from experience and offer some insight it's greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Don't take it personally killer, but I think you should concentrate on PT, rank structure, knowledge,more PT, and maybe a little drinking and girls right now. And not be so concerned about what you'll be doing for the fourth. Just my 2 cents.

GySgtRet
05-22-06, 09:18 PM
I went through October - December 1973. For Christmas we didn't get anything special. I doubt seriously if there will be anything special. Just be a recruit and get the best training in the world.

jaredeker
06-02-06, 08:02 PM
Got a piece of cake in the chow hall that had red icing on it. When the fireworks began, we stood at attention by the portholes while the DI counted down from 60 and celebrated the independence of our nation.

Stanley Hroszow
07-02-06, 05:14 PM
The only celebration we had in the Marines, in my time was the Marine Corps Birthday, and because my birthday was in the same month I celebrated my birthday with theirs which was the best.

Ignition
07-03-06, 01:14 PM
hahahahahahaha i almost feel bad for the younging that may ask his DI why he didnt get pop and pizza.... LMAO

on a side note, thanksgiving was a holiday i will never be able to think of again in the same way, eat all you want..... pay for it later and a few "hurricanes/full inventories"

Stanley Hroszow
07-03-06, 03:44 PM
hahahahahahaha i almost feel bad for the younging that may ask his DI why he didnt get pop and pizza.... LMAO

on a side note, thanksgiving was a holiday i will never be able to think of again in the same way, eat all you want..... pay for it later and a few "hurricanes/full inventories" We had a cake and etc. which I enjoyed celebrating with my fellow Marines, this was while I was on active duty