PDA

View Full Version : Follow up on story on LCpl Seeley

quillhill
05-09-06, 06:31 PM
Hey all, this is the follow up story I wrote about LCpl Seeley, to update folks on his progress and efforts to stay in the Marine Corps. This story ran in the May 3 issue of the Covington/Maple Valley Reporter, the hometown paper for Seeley.

Respectfully submitted, ladies and gentlemen, Marines, friends and family.
Oh, in a couple weeks I'll be flying to Germany, and while I'm on my way, I plan to write a version of my two stories on Seeley for the Leatherneck e-zine. If anyone from Leatherneck wishes to be interviewed for the story, drop me a PM or an e-mail.
Anyway, enjoy.

thedrifter
05-09-06, 06:41 PM
Thanks for your work and dedication to Seeley..

Ellie

MillRatUSMC
05-09-06, 07:29 PM
I can only echo "thedrifter" words...

jinelson
05-09-06, 08:25 PM
Thank you Kris another fine story in print and Im sure that Shaffer will smile when he see's www.leatherneck.com in the story too.

Jim

GySgtRet
05-09-06, 08:26 PM
You just keep coming through with outstanding work. I have a trust in you now from what you have done so far on LCpl Seeley's story. Please keep up the good work. Oh by the way have you got anything about your grandfather's Marine Corps term?

quillhill
05-09-06, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I don't do much. I just ask some questions then take what people say and put them in quotation marks.

Ed, I'm still waiting on my grandfather's paperwork. Hmm. I wonder if my husband checked the mail today?

As for Seeley, I'm going to keep up with how things are going with him. I will do another update in six months.

Seeley
05-10-06, 02:44 PM
Thanks Kris. Everyone likes reading the articles. I appriciate what you are doing. By the way, my splint is coming off in less than 3 hours! WOO HOO!

quillhill
05-10-06, 03:59 PM
Dang, that was quick. Your splint is coming off already? So then I suppose you're already thinking about that next surgery. ;)

Shawn, it's been a pleasure working with you on the articles. I'm glad to hear people like them. To me, than means I'm getting it right. :)

GySgtRet
05-10-06, 05:25 PM
You are nothing but a show off. I mean here your are laid up and we are thinking you are hurt here you are getting your dang splint off already. I don't know wether to believe you or not any more...???

:evilgrin:

quillhill
05-10-06, 06:44 PM
Ed, you know if he could have his way, he'd be back in Iraq as soon as he's healed up from his surgeries. ;)

GySgtRet
05-10-06, 06:51 PM
I know I just have to razz him a little...

quillhill
05-10-06, 06:59 PM
Heh. Ed, I know, man, I know. Isn't that in the job description as a gunny? "Oversee junior Marines and razz said junior Marines whenever the opportunity presents itself. Or create opportunity where there is none."

Heh.

GySgtRet
05-10-06, 07:04 PM
How did you know that? Very good observation. Did you get the papers that you were expecting?

Seeley
05-10-06, 08:40 PM
Well, they had to put another splint back on for 2 more weeks, then 2 more weeks in a sling. Better safe than sorry the doctor said.

quillhill
05-10-06, 09:16 PM
Ed, I'm a reporter, and having spent a great deal of time talking to Marines during the past six months, I've learned a great deal about you guys. In many ways, Marines are very much 'What you see is what you get'. ;)

Oh, by the way, no, the paperwork still hasn't come in the mail. Sigh.

Shaffer, no problem. I meant to give the site a plug in the first story, but it just slipped through. This site is a wonderful tool, very educational and is home to one of the friendliest communities online that I've encountered. I wish I could have written more about it.

Aw, Shawn, bet you're frustrated about the splint. Another two weeks, then you can persuade Dr. Thomas (whose first name is Alan, by the way, and I messed that up in the story, sorry!) to get that shoulder fixed ASAP.

GySgtRet
05-10-06, 09:16 PM
You are human after all. One of the finest humans I have ever known. Keep up the good work Marine.

captken
05-16-06, 08:19 PM
Keep the faith Shawn. You're doing great! Here's one squid that's very proud to have met you. If you ever make it back to Bethesda or anywhere near DC you have a dinner date with the Gunny, marinemom and me at the Globe and Laurel. The owner went through the hell called WWII in the South Pacific and he'd love to meet you. You two are seperated only by years but you have matching spirits.

Seeley
05-16-06, 09:20 PM
If I'm ever in the area, I will hit you all up for sure.