PDA

View Full Version : Field Opertations

17wannabe75
05-09-06, 03:17 PM
So I am enlisted in Combat Support, this means that I can be given one of the following three jobs, Tanks, Artillery, or Amtracs. My recruiter told me the I would be in the field a whole lot with any of these jobs. That sounds cool, but I dont really know how a field operation. works, or exactly what you do on them. So I was wondering if any Marines with any of the above jobs, can please enlighten me on what exactly you do on a field operation? More specifically:1) Maybe an example of what a field operation would consist of, Like what exactly would you do, maybe an example of one that you were on, 2) How long they usually last, 3) How often do you go on field operations.

( My first post was deleted, because I didnt write it the right way I guess, so I hope this one is alright)

Any input is greatly appreciated

jinelson
05-10-06, 12:18 AM
Thank you for your cooperation Poolee.

Jim

gj64center
05-10-06, 06:21 AM
Tracs is were its at. You will see Land and you will see Sea. Field Ops last anywere from 7-30 days depending on the training and you will train..! Go overseas after M.O.S. School. Good Luck, Hank "The Hammer" Pelton, D' Co, 3rd AAV Bn. Sgt. 1984-1988

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-11-06, 06:15 PM
Look at it like this, you won't be walking with any of the jobs, so it isn't all bad. You will spend quite a bit of time in the field, but that is what Marines do. You will sleep on the ground or in your vehicle, you will get bored, and you will have a lot of fun. Ask your recruiter if you can go watch a local reserve unit in the field. It will be about the same stuff.