PDA

View Full Version : Question about records in the USMC ie: record # for pull ups or sit ups etc..

BigWayne3000
05-05-06, 07:09 PM
Hello Marines. I was just wondering if there is a website that lists different records in the USMC fleet or recruit training. Records like most pullups done sit ups, push ups, and anything in between. And also if it lists the person/Marine who holds that particular record. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Range Coach
05-05-06, 07:14 PM
Big Wayne, whatever you do, when you get to boot camp----don't tell the drill instructors where you're from. You would not believe how many HATE the turnpike, parkway, and Bergen and Union counties!! How you doin'?

BigWayne3000
05-05-06, 07:20 PM
I'm doing good Sir how are you? I'm looking forward to shipping out June 5th and making everyone proud. Right now, I'm only doing 2-3 pull ups, I have about a month left before I ship, I hope to be able to do a few more pull ups. I'm just curious, on a side note, how would you recommend me doing that? I was thinking of going on Recon Ron I think its called and doing like 10 pull ups than 9 than 8 etc down to 1. Than start at 1 and work my way back up to 10 and doing that 5 days a week. What are your thoughts/recommendations? Thanks in advance

Range Coach
05-05-06, 07:34 PM
SIR!!?? Look---I work for a living'. As with any training regimine, if you push it too far, you run the risk of injury. Your body gets sore for a reason. The thing that helped me the most was push-ups. I would place my hands about 12" out (away from my chest on either side) and do as many as I could, rest for a few minutes and repeat for about 8-10 reps. You might not realize it but a lot of strength is required of your upper back muscles when doing pull-ups. Now for the disclaimer---as with any exercise routine, it is advisable to consult your doctor first.

PS. I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Gieco!!