PDA

View Full Version : "Typical" day at boot some questions...

BigWayne3000
05-04-06, 09:35 PM
hey... i ship june 5th to parris island and i can not wait. im excited and nervous and everything in between. my questions are what would a "typical" day be at boot? i know theres prolly no set typical day or whatever but im just curious of what the basic day consists of. like how long are pt sessions? what are some excersises you do during that time? and also, does PI have a weight room or anything that you could use on your 1 hr a day or 4 hrs on sunday "free time" if you will or no? any other info is appreciated thanks in advance guys and i cant wait to get to boot, graduate, and make everyone proud.

ianoldan
05-04-06, 10:00 PM
Typical day for us was full of drill. Then PT. Then drill some more. Trying to pop sticks as much as possible to win Final Drill Comp. The days go by fast as long as you keep telling yourself that you want to do what's coming up next. The moment you say "no", you'll just mess up on what you're supposed to do, and you're going to have to do it over again.

I was in K Co. 3rd BN, I don't think they have any designated weight rooms in any of the BN's because there's rarely any time to work out. They will have a pull up bar readily accessible and one of those assisted pullup/dip machines as well. Some barracks have a lat/pulldown machine. My SDI bought some free weights to help us out if we needed it.

4 hours isn't much time depending on how your platoon is. Besides, I suggest you go to church, it helps you clear up your mind. Whether you believe or not, it just helps you relax, to know that the DI's won't bother you for the next hour or 2. Also, when I was there, the priest gave up news updates as to what was going on in the outside world. But he left soon after K Co. graduated.

To summarize, you really don't need a weight room. Just work on the pullup bar, that alone works out some of the best muscles in your body. Also, it's fast points on the PFT. PT depends on the BN you go to, and it also depends on you as well.

I wish you luck in recruit training. It's mostly mental, just do what you're supposed to do, and you'll be okay. If you're not strong, at least be smart and vice versa.