PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Erwin, TN

mtallman
05-04-06, 01:34 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to this site and maybe I've found some vets to talk to. <br />
I got a medical discharge for flat feet and I'm trying to get back in as we speak. <br />
I've been out for five years now...

thedrifter
05-04-06, 01:38 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Ellie

outlaw3179
05-04-06, 02:41 PM
Welcome aboard Marine!

jennifer
05-04-06, 09:03 PM
WELCOME AND SEMPER FI... HOPE U GET BACK IN... DONT KNOW WHAT ID BE DOING IF I WERENT IN... :iwo:

jinelson
05-05-06, 03:42 AM
Welcome Aboard brother you are at home here. Flat feet, what the Doc's at MEP's missed that when you enlisted?

Semper Fi

Jim

rsta
05-05-06, 05:04 AM
Welcome aboard, Michael. I hope everything works out for you.

Semper Fi!

Bob

bugs
05-05-06, 06:10 AM
Welcome brother. Good luck in your quest.........

mtallman
05-05-06, 07:30 AM
I came in here to work this morning to check my email and I hope everyone is alright. As response to the post asking how the docs missed me at meps...........I'm not sure, but I'd like to believe that they thought, "There's one lean, mean fighting machine wanting to be born at Parris Island........let's send him on through!!!!" -----lol

I miss the Corps so bad. Boot Camp was interesting. We had some problems in my platoon.......you know, the usual....but, we started with 88 recruits and only 35 of us made it across the parade deck. Our drill instructors with the help of our squared-away company staff made sure the quitters and the ones who couldn't hack were sent packing....but we did have some that got hurt that never got to earn the title...........my heart still goes out to them.
I guess all in all with those statistics of my platoon alone, I was already an extremely proud Marine just earning the title.

The best friends I've ever had in my life, whether in or out of the Corps have been........you guessed it........Marines. There is no one like a Marine. You can walk around in this civilian population and just pick em out.....either still in or been out for a long time, you still know who they are. No other organization that I've ever known is like this.

Anyways, I am so proud to have served and I hope I can serve again.

I'm going to check out this site now, and I must go.

Take care and SEMPER FI, DEVILDOGS!!!!! HURRAH, KILL!!!! :usmc:

CAS3
05-05-06, 07:52 AM
According to Marine Corps regs, if you ever recieved seperation pay, you can not reenlist no matter what your sep code is.
Sorry.

mtallman
05-05-06, 01:23 PM
Well, I believe I'm hooked on this site........go figure........my wife and I have a computer at home, too. Sorry I don't have any pics, but I'm sure I'll come up with something. I had to talk to the recruiter about my re-enlistment and he said even though if I was paid seps pay that there was a way around it. He was a seps and waivers clerk at his last assignment at HQ and he said he has dealt with this one before.......so.......I hope he's right. I would like to go back to active duty, but because of our financial obligations because I make a lot of money at this job I'm doing, I won't be able to..........but, he said he would be able to get me into the reserves. I told him that was what I wanted and if it were active or reserve, at least I'd be back in the Corps one way or another.

I know you can take the Marine out of the Corps..........but, you can't take the Corps out of the Marine.

I'm just scared about what my fate is going to be about getting back in. I really want it bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had a helping hand or something........DEVINE INTERVENTION......perfect!! It would be great if God just told me one day that I was back in that he had my back and I wouldn't worry about it anymore. This is my third attempt to get back in and they always say the third time is the charm...... I'LL NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!! The Corps taught me that.

Anyways, I'm going to look more on this site. Everyone have a wonderful day and Semper Fi, Carry On!! Hurrah!! :iwo:

sparkie
05-05-06, 04:26 PM
I Have An Idea What You're Going Thru. My Brother,5 Years Older, Got Dropped Out Of Boot Over A Bad Knee. He Came Home And Did Almost Nothing For A Year. Having Seen The Hurt, I Wish You the Very Best....the Corps.

mtallman
05-06-06, 05:29 AM
I am here at work and wanted to say hello to everyone. Thank you to Sparkie and everyone for the support on trying to get back in. I wish I could go back to being a grunt if they get me back in. I wasn't anything REAL special or anything like that.........I was an 0311. I MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss all that junk.......mre's, t-rats, combat coffee, "M-16 muzzle protectors", and even funnier ones like, HMMV keys, a box of grid squares, light bulb test kits, blinker fluid, bravo double ought tangos, bee a eleven-hundred novembers, i d ten-tee forms and others..........I've about heard 'em all and been fooled by a few!!! "Go get me 200 ft of flight line, PVT Schmuckatelli!!"

Had a flashback there, whew!! GET SOME!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, I'm sitting here looking out for Bin Laden and any other vermon I'd like to kill and killing time. You all have a good one and throw me a line sometime.

Semper Fi!! :iwo: