PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Help

usmcwannabe
05-03-06, 03:29 PM
I'm hoping to become a Marine Corps Sniper and i really need to know what i need to work on before Recuit Training. The more advise the better. Thank you.

Marine84
05-03-06, 03:37 PM
just practice shootin' dude - set a Coke can on top of the nearest tall building and try to hit it from the street.

rktect3j
05-03-06, 04:16 PM
just practice shootin' dude - set a Coke can on top of the nearest tall building and try to hit it from the street.
If he puts the can on a building he may miss and break a window. Shouldn't he put the can on top of persons head and shoot the person?

jryanjack
05-03-06, 04:20 PM
In addition to the shooting, practice moving accross a busy street without anyone seeing you, if they see you, you fail. Getting run over is also frowned upon.

Seriously, I was not a sniper, so I do not know, but I would assume that being a good shot and being stealthy is a pretty big requirement, but the biggest, and hardest is that you have the become a Marine first - focus on that and then worry about becoming a sniper. I think that there are a couple snipers on the board, but I may be confusing that with a different board.

Phantom Blooper
05-03-06, 05:42 PM
Rule Two before you post a thread make darn sure that you have researched the forums so that you are not embarrassed by the fact it was asked a week ago

Sir, Yes Sir

ENOUGH SAID!

What you want to know is in the Poolee forum..do a search!

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall :evilgrin:

ggyoung
05-03-06, 05:50 PM
If you are to start shooting now do it the Marine Corps way. The Marines would just as soon start with a body that has niver shot a rifle before. That way they don't have to brake old shooting habits. When I went boot camp we had a kid from L.A. who had niver held a rifle before. He broke the Camp Mathews range record.

Hocker
05-03-06, 08:17 PM
I'm hoping to become a Marine Corps Sniper and i really need to know what i need to work on before Recuit Training. The more advise the better. Thank you.
You dont want to become a sniper, But WTF if you do , you are chosen or you volunteered or recommended , I was recommended I was short met my future wife and I said hell no!
Lcpl D on the other hand said yes (good friend of mine) he was listed on the marinescoutsnipers.com web site, 2 confirms in Nic(I think they deleted the standing).
You wont pass indoc unless you the s h i t Chesty P. was made of , make 03 first then sit down and see what you really wanna do , sniper is no joke and its real dope , thats the scuttle butt any how. Sempir Fi

awb5711
05-04-06, 07:27 AM
I think the first step would be to enlist.

Wyoming
05-04-06, 07:35 AM

It's been said before - SEARCH.

Anyhoo, with your last name, I'm surprised you don't know - http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26825&highlight=Hathcock

Give it a read.

outlaw3179
05-04-06, 03:23 PM
In addition to the shooting, practice moving accross a busy street without anyone seeing you, if they see you, you fail. Getting run over is also frowned upon.

lol..they frown upon that stuff now huh .

Id go with what everyone else also said. but you gotta PT man , just frigging PT. The Marines wil teach you how to shoot. but not if you cant run.

Range Coach
05-04-06, 05:02 PM
Like ggyoung said, some of the best shooters I ever coached were the ones that had never fired a weapon in their lives. They had no bad habits (like Kentucky windage) to break. I wasn't a sniper by MOS, but I did coach and spot for them. It's amazing to watch one hit a 10" target from 1200 meters using 72mm optics.

FistFu68
05-05-06, 02:49 PM
:evilgrin: HOW'S ABOUT THAT UP CLOSE ****,AND YOU HAVE TO KILL HIM WITHOUT FIRING A RD! SCOUT SNIPER/SHOOTER/H2H!!! IT'S A GREAT GOAL,GO FOR IT! IT'S ALOT DEEPER THAN PULLING A SGT.ALVIN YORK,ON'EM! 10/4 (LONG LIVE FORCE) :evilgrin: