PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Know How I Can Become A Marine

fesokaro
05-03-06, 08:55 AM
I am a Nigerian,am 23 years old and am currently living in Nigeria.I would love to be a Marine.When I ask some Marines I meet through www.leatherneck.com (http://www.leatherneck.com) if it would be possible for me to be enlisted even if I am not a citizen of the US, they said that it will be possible for me to join the Marine that there are some Marines who became a Marine while they where not yet a US citizen.But most of these people they told me of who where non US citizen before they became a Marine where residing in the US before they became a Marine and in my own case I am not currently in the US(I am currently residing in Nigeria).Is there any way anyone could help me even if it is to give me a guild on what to do or who to meet at the embassy or if possible the phone number of any Marine(s) in my country(Nigeria) so that I could go to him(them) for guild.
I really would be grateful to however would give me any kind of support that would aid me in achieving my goal of becomming a Marine.
THANKS

csilva
05-03-06, 10:30 AM
thats is truly motivating, but i dont think you can enlist in any of the United States military branch if you do not live in the US. Try your best to come here and then enlist, the Corps will be happy to accept someone who is as motivated as you are. Good Luck

Hocker
05-03-06, 08:29 PM
Join The French Foreign Legion. would be your best bet.

Hocker
05-06-06, 05:52 PM
Join The French Foreign Legion. would be your best bet.
I should have left that terrorist part out my bad,:banana: :flag:

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-17-06, 11:34 PM
Wow, you can become a Marine. This has been covered a few times. You have to be a resident alien and all that good stuff. Contact the nearest US embassy and they will help you out.

Stanley Hroszow
07-02-06, 05:20 PM
Wow, you can become a Marine. This has been covered a few times. You have to be a resident alien and all that good stuff. Contact the nearest US embassy and they will help you out. That is the way for sure.