PDA

View Full Version : ALL Immingration issues combined here...

bugs
05-02-06, 12:22 PM
There are way too many seperate topics on this issue so I thought I'de make one soley dedicated to the current issues of the topic...

There is only one question we must ask ourselves as Americans, regardless of your stance or beliefs on this issue...

The question is simple......'Do you think it is OK to break a law?"
I think the answer is simple and that there should be no questions on it.....It's ONE issue that we as Americans should ALL agree on.AND since we do, WHY do we debate the ILLEGAL Immigrants comming here????:confused:

God Bless this great Country we live so freely in due to those whom have given their life in her defense.

Wyoming
05-02-06, 12:32 PM
The question is simple......'Do you think it is OK to break a law?"

OK, here goes my take.

Does everyone ALWAYS come to a complete stop at the sign?
Has anyone ever gone just a few MPH over the posted speed limit?
Etc., etc.

These are lame examples, BUT, the law is the law.

The answer to the whole mess, not only immigration, is to ENFORCE the existing laws.

I say male bovine excrement on any and all politcos, etc., who say 'we must study this and study that' and then present a bill and pass a NEW law.

Enforce the laws we have. Period!!

rktect3j
05-02-06, 12:34 PM
When legality versus ilegality issues are brought up I always start with that question in mind whether or not I agree with the issue. Has a crime been committed? Was the law broken? Then, and only then, can I move on to should we change the law which usually nobody wants to really discuss.

DobbinsBlythe
05-02-06, 12:34 PM
I don't think that the debate is so much of the illegal aliens COMING to America, I think it's that we want to send them back that's the issue. We REALLY need to enforce our own laws. The border states don't seem to be able to enforce border protection against illegals crossing over. Evidentally, I don't remember if it was Colorado, New Mexico, or Arizona, but one of them, on TV, their law enforcement said "That's out of our jurisdiction"--as if it wasn't their business. I feel like someone needs to stand up and do something about it, whether it's in their jurisdiction or not. It's in ALL of our jurisdictions as American citizens to protect our own rights and to come together in UNITY. (hence the United States of America) Just a thought.

-Maria

rktect3j
05-02-06, 12:37 PM
Colorado isn't a border state, but I understood what you said.

chafas2531
05-02-06, 01:15 PM
Joe. I, for one, do not wish to change laws. I realize that some laws are just downright stupid but they are laws just the same. Perhaps there are some that need ammending and then there are some that just need to be enforced. Notwithstanding, unpopular as it may seem, they are still the laws of the land thus need to be enforced and acted upon. I see that in this society if we are confronted with something we don't like or disagree with then it needs to be revised or discarded. We see this with absolute truth. So I can say "that there are no absolute truths." I just stated one. Kinda scary for those who are in the dark and can't see or discern what is at stake here. I am a very simplistic person and to me No means no and yes means yes. I don't need to analyze and revise their meanings.

bugs
05-02-06, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=chafas2531].......I realize that some laws are just downright stupid but they are laws just the same...... QUOTE]
That is exactly what I am/was/have been talking about, it doesnt matter what you think about the law, its wether or not you obey the law.....:marine:

DobbinsBlythe
05-02-06, 01:27 PM
I'd like to change a few laws, but those changes should happen at the will of the American people.. the people who have rights to vote and rights to submit suggestions to our Congressmen/women--NOT people that don't even really have anything to do with our country except for the fact that they MIGHT be residents here. I could care less if they're not citizens. Our country is the NICEST country to be in if you're not a citizen. We treat people like people, but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Just because you live somewhere, doesn't make it ok for you to try to tell the rest of the country what's right and what's wrong. Hell, if I were to try to tell a Marine how to do his or her job, I'd get my ass kicked. Leave American laws and rules and policies and Anthems and Pledges and Flags to the AMERICAN People. Illegals should have no say, don't have any say, and should never be LET to have any say over that. Period. I don't see why there's such a heavy "what if?" discussion over the issue of illegal immigrants. The reality is, the answer is cut and dry. If you don't belong here, GET OUT. If you're here legally, well then welcome to the USA. I hope your stay is enjoyable and you get to experience the most wonderful nation in the world. I agree with someone who earlier stated that our country is beginning to be too concerned over pleasing everyone and not stepping on any toes, rather than be the strong, proud, nation that we used to be. Whatever happened to standing up for what's right? Or is that only when it comes to our fighting men and women and heros? I don't think it's fair to the military or to anyone else for that matter. It's not fair to you, to me, to our families. I think we should protest back. We're the ones with the right to do so. Everyone in those $%& protests yesterday should have been checked for citizenship or legal status, and then deported if they didn't belong here, or hell, throw them in prison for demonstrating without the right to do so. This whole situation is just so irritating.

bugs
05-02-06, 01:36 PM
Maria....speaking of protesting back......did you happen to see the photo of the American in the Pro-Mexican (immigration) protest where he was holding a sign, colored as the Mexican flag, with the words (something like this) If it's so great, why did you leave......Just a FYI is all....If I can find that pic again, how do i post it? I didnt go to Snoops to determine if it was doctored or not......

i FOUND IT, HOW DO I POST IT? i WILL ALSO GO TO SNOOPS IN THE MEANTIME TO TRY TO VERIFY IT, JUST BECAUSE......

chafas2531
05-02-06, 01:43 PM
Maria. You make a great point. Perhaps we should protest and have our own rallies. I think its a no brainer. The laws are on the books. Just enforce them. The INS should have had a field day yesterday but our heroes??? in DC are afraid to do what is right. They are more concerned with their votes than enacting and enforcing laws. I'm sure its more complicated than we think but the bottom line is that it is illegal immigration with the emphasis on illegal! Have a great day! God bless! Semper Fidelis!
ben

DobbinsBlythe
05-02-06, 01:45 PM
People like that make me proud. I just wish there were more to do the same. Please post it! That kind of news is such a morale booster. Not just for you guys/gals (Marines), but for all of us. I haven't really seen a whole lot of any pictures, just a lot of articles and such.

bugs
05-02-06, 01:49 PM
tHATS RIGHT...DING,DING,DING! chafas
sorry bout the caps, at work thats all i use - no intent on yelling at anyone....

The thing about our goverment, more so our polticians worring about votes is in itself confusing to me - theses illegals cant vote! what is the percentage of votes these politicians are facing in losing if they speak up?

DobbinsBlythe
05-02-06, 01:56 PM
Yeah, well, I think that most of our fellow citizens are too cowardly to stand up to anyone. Evidentally the majority of kids my age (18-25) think that they can't make a difference in today's governments, failing to realize that in China, it was our age group that completely turned politics around. I'm ashamed in our people sometimes because of this. I thought that we were the strongest of all nations. I'm sure we still are, but we're losing heart. I just wish I knew what to do. It's not that I CAN'T do anything, I just don't know WHAT to do. I've called my congressman a couple of times about this, written letters, etc. I live in Alabama, and there are a lot of Chicken processing plants that are overrun with illegals. It's a crying shame when our farming industry is going downhill, we can't employ our own people, and choose to put our taxpayers out of jobs to feed a family of 20 people that don't belong here. I feel like I've at least TRIED to pay my dues. I just hate it that people just stand by and watch and make the statements "I gues there's not really anything we can do about it"--BULL SH*#. It frustrates me most, probably because my mom worked HARD to become a citizen of this country, and my dad was SO proud of her. I'm so proud of her. There's nothing honorable in anything these people are doing except for maybe trying to feed their family. They should be working hard together where they come from to make a better life for their loved ones and posterity.

chafas2531
05-02-06, 02:13 PM
Maria. You can do something! You have been doing it. Keep on being persistent. Start a rally in Huntsville. Go to your friends and if need be stand by yourself. It only takes someone who is willing and able and you fit the bill. Be courageous! You are only standing for the truth and last time I noticed, no one dies because of it. I have seen those who died for a lie but never for the truth. Komsumnida! God bless! Semper Fidelis!
ben

bugs
05-02-06, 02:23 PM
A thought just occured to me and it came a day or two too late! We could of had AMERICANS report to all those immigrant driven jobs and preformed their task for a day! Wouldnt that have been something - I dont think the American employers of their normal jobs would have cared about taking the day off of work to do such a task! I speak it terms of this for others, my location, In Michigan, isnt known, YET, for illegals, except for those who perform landscape and cement jobs!

Range Coach
05-02-06, 02:24 PM
Everynow and then, somnething happens to bring everything into perspective. Today, I was approached by a "gentleman" and was asked, in Spanish, if I spoke Spanish. I told him, "No, I live in America and don't speak Spanish." Apparently, he knew enough English to give me the finger and tell me to f--k off. Yup---just the type of person that I'd welcome with open arms. When I was in Korea, Okinawa, the Phillipines, etc. I didn't expect the "locals" to speak my language so I tried to learn as much of theirs as I could. PS. Who do I contact in Mexico to see if they counted my vote for Vincente Fox's opposition?

bugs
05-02-06, 02:36 PM
How did you hold back? Must be that instilled dicipline the Corp has taught us.......

DobbinsBlythe
05-02-06, 02:46 PM
Everynow and then, somnething happens to bring everything into perspective. Today, I was approached by a "gentleman" and was asked, in Spanish, if I spoke Spanish. I told him, "No, I live in America and don't speak Spanish." Apparently, he knew enough English to give me the finger and tell me to f--k off. Yup---just the type of person that I'd welcome with open arms. When I was in Korea, Okinawa, the Phillipines, etc. I didn't expect the "locals" to speak my language so I tried to learn as much of theirs as I could. PS. Who do I contact in Mexico to see if they counted my vote for Vincente Fox's opposition?

I would have kicked that guy's face off...

To the one who can say thank you in Korean!!! Cha-man-he-yo!! :D
People die for truth all the time. I'm not afraid of that. My biggest fear is that people die in vain for truth. AKA our men in Vietnam.. I guess I'll leave that portion alone, as I guess it's kind of irrelevant to this topic. Either way, I wish more people cared.

Range Coach
05-02-06, 03:03 PM
It was one of those deals where, had I "educated" him in the ways of America, I would have been the bad guy.

junker316
05-02-06, 03:47 PM
Maria...thank you for the compliment in one of your earlier mentions. I still feel that our nation is coming apart trying to please all these illegals. I agree with Range Coach. When I was stationed in another land I didn't expect them to know my language. So I tried to learn thier's. I tried to learn also thier customs and way of life so that I could better communicate with the locals. I didn't TRESPASS on them and expect them to learn my " CODES " and nation's cultures. I didn't try to change thier National Athem or thier Constitution. I didn't try to walk all over them and expect them to pay for me and my family either.

Instead of a National " GRINGO "day maybe there should be an " Hunt an Illegal " day with money prizes for the most caught and deported. I say to hell with the illegals and to hell with what they are trying to change to fit them. They don't belong here...I don't want them here...and if they are so hard working then please answer me this...Why are so many of them not able to pay thier own way and pay thier own bills? Why is Americans footing everything for these illegal bastards? I am so tired of seeing them on TV that I would like to start a weekly hunting club just to hunt for illegals and treat them as an American would be treated in thier country. But if I would our government would say that I'm the bad guy trying to fight for ours rights to not have them here in the first place.

DobbinsBlythe
05-02-06, 03:50 PM
:: grabs my .308 :: i'm up for it ;)

junker316
05-02-06, 05:06 PM
Maria I must thank you for this section of your post " I agree with someone who earlier stated that our country is beginning to be too concerned over pleasing everyone and not stepping on any toes, rather than be the strong, proud, nation that we used to be. Whatever happened to standing up for what's right? Or is that only when it comes to our fighting men and women and heros? I don't think it's fair to the military or to anyone else for that matter. It's not fair to you, to me, to our families. " because I wrote and finally some-one else sees it as it was meant. I am not against any person wanting to be here. I have friends that are not America born and bred and they are suffering just like Native born Americans. They did it the right way and waited for the time to pass just to live here. They are American to me and believe in America just as strongly as I do. They never served a day in our military but they don't stand idolly by when they hear some-one else putting our fighting men and women down either. They are such great people that I hate seeing them suffer just because some-one of thier nationality wanted to do something illegal and give them a bad rep. They are a part of America and are fellow Americans who are damn tired of footing the bills for all these illegals in our Country. They do speak english, even better than I do, and all they want is a good life of freedom and peace. These people are a shining example of the legal process for entry into our Nation. They quote the Pledge of Allegiance ever morning, hold a minute of silence for those fighting for America, and believe in America as a whole. When I returned from Iraq and went Home to see my family I also seen them. The fathered cried, as did the mother and the rest of the family, because of my safe return and my " swinging by " to see them. I wasn't there long but felt like I belonged.

DobbinsBlythe
05-02-06, 10:31 PM
That's the America I grew up to know. And you're very welcome. Even though people tend to not acknowledge what you say out loud or in writing, doesn't mean that you don't make an impact on them one way or another. My mom always told me to keep my mouth shut and listen. Listening is a good way to get an opinion. Talking is a good way of expressing it. Writing is the SMART way to express it. I appreciate people actually stating what they mean. Sometimes I have a hard time of saying things, but I mean well.
I remember when my mom got her citizenship. She and I were featured on the front page of the Birmingham Times. It was three days before I turned three years old. I had a little white dress on and an American flag in hand, while my mom picked me up and kissed me on the cheek. My dad was so proud of her. That is what dreams are made of. These people are taking advantage of everything that doesn't belong to them. They're like a bad roommate.. eating your food, never paying bills on time, taking your money, asking you for favors that you're afraid to say no to, never picking up after themselves, and then walking out on you when rent is due. What would we do with that type of roommate? We'd kick their asses out, that's what. Illegal aliens=bad roommates. KICK THEM OUT. Let them come back legally if they want to, but for now, they're doing it wrong. Let them deal with it.

bugs
05-03-06, 05:56 AM
It was one of those deals where, had I "educated" him in the ways of America, I would have been the bad guy.

Yea, your right on that one....even though he's frickin illegal to begin with....it's just BS, the rights given to these non-deserving bastards...