thedrifter
05-02-06, 12:22 PM
May 02, 2006 <br />
ACLU challenges Ky. funeral protest law <br />
<br />
By Roger Alford <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
FRANKFORT, Ky. — Portions of a new Kentucky law intended to prevent protesters from disrupting funerals...

chafas2531
05-02-06, 04:49 PM
They're at it again!??? Talkin bout enemies to this country... Everyone should read the ACLU's philosophy. It will wake you up or puke or both! Semper Fidelis!
ben

redneck13
05-04-06, 12:14 PM
:evilgrin: :mad: These puke's who "PROTEST" a Marine, or any person who gave the Ultimate for their Country? AS far as I'm concerned should be "SHOT" on sight. Because they are not American's, they're communist. This is why the Patriot Guard was started. First in Ks. now in KY. It makes me sick to my stomach. And the dat blame ACLU should be abolished by some Congressional Mandate. If we had anyone in elected office with the cahonies to introduce a bill...I think there is some sort of Legislation pending in some states just because of this. I dispise all of the ACLU. SF

jryanjack
05-04-06, 02:42 PM
One word - disgusting. With all of the injustices in our country, the ACLU picks this one as one their going to file suit about?

Marine84
05-04-06, 02:57 PM
This is the 2nd time I've seen this McQuery name - he had his own website at one point and it got shut down because this guy rants and raves about Marines (especially) being f a g s and such noise. AND he's one of those "snake handler" religious pukes. I seem to remember something about someone in the military dieing and he wanted to put some marker on this kids' grave saying he was gay and all of this stupid ****. If the ACLU knew about that website, they would shoot his a$$ instead of letting abuse that free speech amendmant.

B a s t a r d found a way around it.................

Marine84
05-04-06, 03:23 PM
:mad: I knew I remembered this guy - go to alwaysfaithful.net and one of the first things you'll see is the article about what I posted above.

This man is EVIL :devious: and should be stopped/studied/shot/hung up in the highest tree...........whatever.

OLE SARG
05-04-06, 05:38 PM
aclu is a bunch of pseudo-intellectual wanna-be something other than a dumbarse lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a waste of judiciary minds - what a waste of human flesh.

SEMPER FI,

ivalis
05-04-06, 06:16 PM
Like Rummy said, "democracy is messy".

I would guess that the law is unconstitutional. Unpopular speech is the speech that needs defending.

Mama
05-08-06, 11:43 AM
ACLU - American Communist Lawyers Union

PGR - NOT a protest group :) Just a visual honor guard....if the flags happen to block the view of the protestors...and the motorcycles happen to drown out the puke they're yelling...well....it's just a coincidence ;) Besides...the PGR is there at the request of the family .... hehe Phelps and his crew can't say that :p

thedrifter
05-08-06, 06:56 PM
May 08, 2006
House set to ban funeral demonstrations

By Rick Maze
Times staff writer

The House is expected to overwhelmingly pass a bill Tuesday that prohibits demonstrators from interfering with military funerals at national cemeteries.

Rep. Steve Buyer, R-Ind., the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee chairman, said it is a sad commentary on American life that such a bill is needed, but anti-war protesters — members of a Kansas church with an anti-gay message and a variety of copycats — have made it necessary for Congress to draw a line between freedom of speech and “the right to grieve.”

Under the so-called Respect for America’s Fallen Heroes Act, demonstrations or protests at national cemeteries could be a Class A federal misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in prison and a $100,000 fine, Buyer said.

The bill prohibits any demonstration at Arlington National Cemetery or any other national cemetery without advance permission from the cemetery superintendent or director, or within 500 feet or 60 minutes before and after a funeral or memorial service. Also barred would be any protest that interferes with the funeral.

Several states already have passed similar bans after a Baptist church in Kansas began a series of protests at military funerals where church members claimed the combat deaths were somehow linked to the nation being accepting of homosexual lifestyles. The Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka led by Rev. Fred Phelps held several of these protests, which included direct confrontations with people attending the military funerals.

Buyer said there also have been some anti-war protesters and he now suspects that copycats are involved in telephone calls to surviving family members along with the egging and trashing of a family home in Indiana.

“As a society, we should set the standards of dignity,” Buyer said Monday in an interview, noting Supreme Court rulings have allow reasonable limits on free-speech rights.

Buyer said he had no doubt the bill, HR 5037, would pass, but added he may ask for a recorded vote just to see if any members of the House who oppose U.S. military operations in Iraq would vote against the measure.

Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., is the bill’s original sponsor. There are 174 co-sponsors, including Buyer. It takes a minimum of 218 votes for a bill to pass the House if everyone is voting.

“There has to be a sense of decency,” Rogers said in a statement. “America has a responsibility to ensure that the families of our fallen heroes can grieve in peace and with dignity.”

Ellie