PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge of the Infantry

Lorix
05-01-06, 07:26 PM
I am a 0621 field radio operator. I would've went infantry if the Marine Corps didn't have limits as to gender (I don't want a fight on this statement, this in not the objective of this tread, if engaged, I will fight to the death-mentally and physically). I know a lot of Marines one this site were previous infantry or current infantry. Since I'm going to be deployed to Iraq in a few months, I want to see if anyone with infantry experience can teach me a thing or two. I know about the M240G, M249 SAW, and M2 .50 Cal Machine guns and everything involved with them. Any other Machine guns still used? Any grunt terms I should be aware of (other than sexually based)? I don't want to ask any questions that might help the enemy looking in. What are patrols like? I heard about Guardian Angels in MCT, what is that?

Thanks.

NBC Guru
05-02-06, 05:46 PM
There's alot to be learned, anything in particular that you want to know about? I spent a little time with the infantry, so I know my way around a little bit. Just PM me with what you want to know, and I'll see if I can help...since you are a fellow 32 area Marine...lol.