PDA

View Full Version : Secure Boader of Mexico

ggyoung
05-01-06, 11:15 AM
How is the best way to secure our boader with Mexico? If we used our troops to do this job, how meany would it take? Do we have enough men and women to do this kind of job?:tank:

Camper
05-01-06, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately, thanks to Posse Comitatus our troops cannot be allowed to police the border.............. Go figure

bugs
05-01-06, 12:59 PM
Camper, you are correct in that.......BUT, we ARE allowed to conduct 'Training Missions' along the border - been there and done that!

jennifer
05-01-06, 01:08 PM
hmmm... that would be crazy if we secure the border... but it is a good idea... but it is not only people from Mexico comin over here illegally, its people from other countries too.. (but it is mostly people from Mexico...)

Hocker
05-01-06, 05:09 PM
Why bother , take a 1/2 Kilometer wide strip along the border put constantina(razor wire) wire on both sides and fill the middle with anti personal mines.
The problem would be the land mines(liberal Fags) , so I was also thinking remote motion activated vulcans would do the trick. Blap blaap seeyaa!!
Or the vulcan guns could be controlled by Marines from a bunker miles away via remote camera's be like playing x-box only real .:banana:
And would'nt cost much either imo. Sempir Fi

ggyoung
05-01-06, 07:23 PM
How meany troops would it take to man all of the borber with Mexico? A good tight perimiter. Do we have enough troops to do this?

John Mayotte
05-01-06, 07:30 PM
Unfortunately, thanks to Posse Comitatus our troops cannot be allowed to police the border.............. Go figure

I just did a quick read on Posse Comitatus, and actually, the Military could police our borders, providing Congress authorized it. Do you think they will?

John

John Mayotte
05-01-06, 09:26 PM
I need to amend that a bit...from what I briefly read, and from how I understand it, it states that either the President or Congress can authorize the use of military personnel along our borders if there is a threat of terrorism, or insurrection against our country.

I also happened to glance at a statement that, quote "After the 9/11 attack, many politicians consider that bill to be a "dead letter"".