PDA

View Full Version : Recon Ron pull up program question

BigWayne3000
04-26-06, 07:18 PM
Where can I find some info on Recon Ron pullup program? I tried googleing it but all I get is this website: http://webpages.charter.net/bert/reconron.html all it is is a chart it doesnt say what to do or anything. Is there a better website I can use? Thanks in advance

DevilDogHEMech
04-26-06, 11:52 PM
There are lots of different versions of "Recon Ron" or other pullup programs, all with different charts and advice. But what they all have in common is that they start with few sets of few reps (perhaps with assistance from a buddy if you need it), and gradually work up to more sets of higher reps until you can do the max score of twenty. Don't worry so much about following a specific chart that somebody else thinks is good, instead you should worry about staying motivated and continuing to work on your pullups frequently and putting an earnest effort into them. Measure your progress. Whenever you do some, write it down and track over a few weeks how much you improve. If you are consistent, you will see good results.

Sgt Humpdyfrats
08-13-08, 02:23 AM
Yo some of what this guy said is true, you do have to stay motivated. But stick with the damn program, it gets you out of that comfort zone. If you stay within your comfort zone youll never progress. I injured myself in May started doing pull-ups again in June i got 8 can you believe it "8!!!"on my last PFT started the Recon Ron and now im up to 22 boots and uts and i stuck with the program and when a week felt to easy i moved up a week or 2 now im on week 14, and i do it a flack on(no sappies). something that also helps is doing push ups in between and doing it with friends to give you more of a break in between. GOT IT? GOOD!