PDA

View Full Version : Combat Arms

Lepke
04-21-06, 04:41 PM
* NO disrespect intended here *

Ok, this is going to sound like one of those idiotic, immature, stupid, snot-nosed wannabe questions. And I dont know how to ask it without sounding like any combination of those traits I just listed, so here goes. How often do personell in the 1800 (1812/1833) MOS field find themselves in combat in Iraq? I'm enlisting for 0300, but I have two buddys who both are dead set on 1800 and they seem to think, based on what they've told me, that they will be fighting as much/often as the grunts, which I find hard to fathom. Not to say 1800s dont get in the ****, but just not as much/often as the 03's.

Also, I have another question if you don't mind. Are Combat Engineers considered a Combat Arms MOS? Thank you for your time/patience Marines.

mpwildes
04-22-06, 01:31 AM
tankers are in the fight all the time. In fact the 03's were ****ed in OIF I due to the fact the tanks were getting more action than they were.

Just think of it this way, where there are grunts, there are tanks near by

Combat engineers are not considered a combat arms MOS, however they the title Combat engineer serves them well. They are in the thick of the fight too.

Lepke
04-22-06, 06:05 PM
Gotcha. Thanks.