PDA

View Full Version : MOS 4671 Combat Videographer

alexpw62
04-17-06, 07:02 PM
Hello to all!

I'm very interested in MOS 4671, Combat Videographer, and I have a few questions: Are there any 4671's on the board that can shed some light on the usual duties specific to this MOS? I understand that this MOS can include duties such as making training videos etc. which isn't really my cup of tea, I would rather be filming actual combat action, is that likely for this MOS? Is there currently a need for Combat Videographers in the Corps?

Thanks!!

jchretien
03-02-08, 02:16 AM
Being that I am currently a Combat Videographer, in the same MOS of which you requested more information, I thought I'd reply to you here.

I'm currently stationed out in Yuma, Arizona. Being that I am personally stationed with the Headquarters & Headquarters Squadron, I dont get to deploy, whilst being here. We are a non-deployable squadron, as were here to support base-side.

However, dont scare. Many of my friends, and in fact it seems like all of them, that are in the same MOS at other bases, are deploying at a pretty decent rate. I have buddies in my MOS all over, to include North & South Carolina, Quantico, California, Louisiana, etc., and many of them are currently in country for their 1st deployments as I type.

Its a great MOS to get involved with, and you meet plenty of important people. I've been on station about a year now, and I've already met both the Commandant of the Marine Corps, and the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps. I met John Glenn, and even the former Assistant Commandant. You get the opportunity to meet and greet with people that others can only see from afar.

Go ahead and tell your recruiter that you wanna be a Combat Videographer. Its a great choice, that you will surely not regret.

:marine: Cpl Joshua Chretien :marine: