PDA

View Full Version : Attitudes tword MP's

SR-25
04-17-06, 12:15 PM
What are your and your fellow Marines attitudes twords MP's? Are they just as bad as MOST civilians outlook twords their Police Officers ( will respect them if they come in contact, but do not like them ) or can it become more hostile? Thanks for any information and/or past experiences.

Taz97
04-17-06, 12:18 PM
I personally have never had a problem with them. They are Marines just like the rest of us.

Marine84
04-17-06, 01:25 PM
I never had a problem with them. In fact, there were a few that helped me out in Japan - I went through MBC day with them and I never had a problem getting back through the front gate while drunk after that.

ggyoung
04-17-06, 01:49 PM
Always had good things to say about Marine MPs. The army mps were nothing more than a$$ho@@, Jurks swines and chicken $$$$$.

John Mayotte
04-20-06, 11:02 AM
I've never had a problem with them, either.

John.

awb5711
04-24-06, 12:14 PM
I had some little punk a$$ boot PFC MP pull me over for 27 in a 25. He tried to give me a lot of better-than-thou attitude. He looked pretty funny writing me a ticket a Parade Rest!!

bdsmith
05-01-06, 03:22 PM
When we were in the Gulf, it was found that a group of MPs were breaking into the detached Marines cars.

Hocker
05-01-06, 03:58 PM
In my observation,:iwo: generally people who don't like the Police are criminals or have a strong resentment to authority. So if your not doing something in violation to base regs MP's shouldn't be the problem.:iwo:

Stanley Hroszow
07-02-06, 05:32 PM
I had no problems with MPs some of my best friends were MPs

yellowwing
07-02-06, 06:14 PM
I hung out with MPs in El Toro. Generally pretty good guys and outstanding Marines. The brand new PFC MPs did have an atittude. I sometimes wondered why they even allowed those youngun's to carry a weapin! :banana:

But the salty dawg MPs really were outstanding in every way.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-02-06, 08:55 PM
Some were OK, some were idiots, just like every other MOS. The MPs that go on a power trip need to be moved to a different job, and there are too many that do. But, some can be the best people in the world.

Ignition
07-03-06, 01:09 PM
I would much rather have another Marine looking out for me than some budget rate civilian cop or rent-a-cop guarding my gates and patrolling my base

tkmac58
07-03-06, 02:40 PM
I had some little punk a$$ boot PFC MP pull me over for 27 in a 25. He tried to give me a lot of better-than-thou attitude. He looked pretty funny writing me a ticket a Parade Rest!!
I guess you would put a fat over weight civilian cop at parade rest to , after he gives you an attitude or doesnt respect you as a Marine Sgt. I don think so! So why would you do it to a young PFC because he not only has to police the most intense, disciplined, hardest individuals on this planet he has to do it a fellow Marine. At the same time he has an NCO or SNCO yelling at him to do his job. Remember he went through boot camp, he is proud, cocky, and errogant at times, so maybe we need to consider that. Most of the civilian cops now day could not even become a Marine, ie. waivers, fat, health, etc. The Marines that become MPs are screened out extensively and make it thru boot camp. Yes I will agree that they are cocky, but if you think about it where else does rank or time come into play in the real world. Unless your dealing with the Mayor, city councilman, etc, etc.. I love you like a brother and would give my life to help you, but if you tried to put me at parade rest you would be flex cuffed from head to toe.

Semper

TKMAC58

Mustang70
07-19-06, 02:10 AM
Yeah I would say overall it's just like any other job. Better than being the clerk at disbursing who deals with people's No-pay-dues. Now THAT job would suck. Cool thing about most MPs I encountered is that no matter how ripped I was they always managed to salute without laughing at me:)

Zulu 36
07-20-06, 05:05 PM
Overall I enjoyed being an MP very much. So much so that it became my life's work - in two careers. I spent about 18.5 years of 21 years military time as an MP (or security police when I was Air...

Camper51
07-20-06, 05:19 PM
I never had any problem with Marine "P's", my wife loved it that they saluted the women entering the base at Camp Smith (regardless of hubby's rank). Only time one stopped me was to ask where in Colorado I was from, since that was his home, too. I did get pulled once for speeding at Camp Smith but they just warned me to take it easy in front of the main HQ bldg entrance.

The only "P" that got on my bad side was a flyboy at Ent AFB in Colorado. He said he was gonna notify my commander at Camp Lejeune, but I guess the damn ticket got lost, ha ha ha.....

USMC4EVA
07-22-06, 01:56 PM
Dont screw up and they wont bother you!!!

wsimkins
07-23-06, 07:38 AM
I always liked most of the MP's I came in contact with. Usually if I met a cocky young one, I would just mention it to one of my buddies and the cocky would wear down quite a bit. It's a great MOS! If you are thinking law enforcement after the Corps, it just the one you want. A friend of mine got out as an MP and went Secret Service. He absolutely loved it.

Echo5November
08-17-06, 10:54 PM
I spent my entire active duty time as an MP. For the most part, I can count on one hand how many altercations I was involved in while on duty with someone who had a low opinion of other MP's. MP's are still Marines and we got along with almost everyone. Granted their are your base nazis, but the majority of theguys I worked wirth never went out of their ways to harass or exploit their power on any military personel. I never pulled people over with the intent to write tickets either. It always started out as a verbal warning until joe schmo wanted to run his mouth. They would always end up writing their own ticket. And as for the guy who said it was funny when the pfc wrote him a ticket at parade rest, you're full of hot air my friend. MP's are taught not to stand at parade rest when talking to their senior peers. They stand in an interview stance, with both hands in front of them. Its a matter of weapon saftey. MP's dont have a glorious job. And if some young pfc did get all cocky, all it would take is a phone call to their patrol supervisor (usually a cpl or sgt) or even their watch commander (ssgt) and I guarantee it wouldnt happen again. MP's are still Marines and respect all their brothers. But dont mess with them. They are a small tight knit group. A problem with one, soon turns into a problem with them all. The military revolves around favors and networking. Just remember that. Take a lonely MP at the back gate a cup of coffee at 2 am, and you'll see what I mean. Chances are you'll never get a ticket from him for the rest of your life. He'll probably just shake his head and smile when you light his radar gun up, and let you go right by. Semper Fidelis Marines.