PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

BabyHuey
07-03-02, 09:41 PM
Hi y'all,

I'm a fng here, and am trying to figure my way around, and whose who in leatherneckland.

Any y'all combat vets? If'n you could sound off, like you've got a pair, with your unit and MOS and dates and $hit it'd sure help me sort out what's what.

Thanks and Semper Fi

ps - oh yeah, me. I was an 0311 in 3/1 India, 3rd platoon, 68-69. Who are the life takers and heart breakers here?

thedrifter
07-03-02, 10:55 PM
Just wanted to Welcome you to the best Marine site on the net.
Also "Welcome Home", from one Nam Vet to another Nam Vet.

I was with FLSG-B/FLC at Dong ha 1968 to 1969. Was a 2811 but worked for Company operations under the Company Gunny was a Sgt at the time.

Again: "Welcome Aboard" and "Welcome Home".

Sempers,

Roger

devilpup2B
07-03-02, 11:10 PM
Welcome home, sir. God bless you!

BabyHuey
07-03-02, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by thedrifter
... "Welcome Aboard" and "Welcome Home"...

Thanks for the welcome Roger, and thanks for your service, too.

BabyHuey
07-03-02, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by devilpup2B
Welcome home, sir. God bless you!

Well thanks, dp2b. You still in school, or did you just graduate? Got an entry date yet? Regardless, good luck and thanks for the welcome.

devilpup2B
07-04-02, 12:46 AM
Hello sir, it's a pleasure to meet you! :) I'm entering my senior year in high school. I don't have an entry date yet, but I'm aiming for leaving for boot in Dec 2003. :) Again, Welcome home and God bless!

~Morgan

wrbones
07-04-02, 05:51 AM
Welcome home, Marine , and thanks. Couple a 0311's around who'll be glad to see you. Find a rack, grab a beer and there's an extra footlocker around somewhere. You're home, Marine, and nobody gets transferred out.

NamGrunt68
07-04-02, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by BabyHuey
Hi y'all,

I'm a fng here, and am trying to figure my way around, and whose who in leatherneckland.

Any y'all combat vets? If'n you could sound off, like you've got a pair, with your unit and MOS and dates and $hit it'd sure help me sort out what's what.

Thanks and Semper Fi

ps - oh yeah, me. I was an 0311 in 3/1 India, 3rd platoon, 68-69. Who are the life takers and heart breakers here?

Hmmmm....Spaceman from LaLaLand.......sounds familiar to me....I know a Spaceman from LaLaLand........he lives on da left side o LaLaLand.........I do beleeves he's definately a GRUNT !!! and sometimes he playz wid big furry animals......you wouldn't by any chance knowz him would ya??........
WELCOME HOME BRO...

arzach
07-04-02, 07:45 AM
welcome home bro,you'll find your way 'round here ok. just spesk you're mind, they'll fall where they are!

arzach--1st AmtracBn.--namo to hoi an
mar '66-mar'67 RVN

BabyHuey
07-04-02, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by devilpup2B
Hello sir, it's a pleasure to meet you! :) I'm entering my senior year in high school. I don't have an entry date yet, but I'm aiming for leaving for boot in Dec 2003. :) Again, Welcome home and God bless!

~Morgan

You sound like you're on the right track. Stay fit, study. What MOS wouldya like?

And please, Morgan, its okay if'n y'call me huey. Its an alias, but my nickname during the first part of my tour was babyhuey. The butterbar who wanted to make me a squad leader was offended by that name and asked that I ask the bro's to change it. That was April 2nd, 1969. He was killed April 5th. Nick got changed anyway, to pepper, or just brym.

BabyHuey
07-04-02, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by wrbones
Welcome home, Marine , and thanks. Couple a 0311's around who'll be glad to see you. Find a rack, grab a beer and there's an extra footlocker around somewhere. You're home, Marine, and nobody gets transferred out.

Well, thanks for the welcome Marine.

BabyHuey
07-04-02, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by NamGrunt68

Hmmmm....Spaceman from LaLaLand.......sounds familiar to me....I know a Spaceman from LaLaLand........he lives on da left side o LaLaLand.........I do beleeves he's definately a GRUNT !!! and sometimes he playz wid big furry animals......you wouldn't by any chance knowz him would ya??........
WELCOME HOME BRO...

Hmmm, us spacer's gotta hang, bro! :D That dude might live on da left side, but dis dude is way over on the right.

BabyHuey
07-04-02, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by arzach
welcome home bro,you'll find your way 'round here ok. just spesk you're mind, they'll fall where they are!

arzach--1st AmtracBn.--namo to hoi an
mar '66-mar'67 RVN

Most cool! You're before my time, but I gotta bro whose timeframe matches. What'd you do? I got blown off'n one of them mofo's once, along with a bunch of us (one guy gotta busted leg, driver wasn't so lucky).

Thanks for the welcome.

arzach
07-04-02, 05:16 PM
yeah,feels good don't it?got blown up 13 days before rotation date, 10 days in hosp.,3 days check-out then i was a GONE M.F.!
proud to know ya huey.

devilpup2B
07-04-02, 06:50 PM
No thanks, I'll stick to calling you sir. :) I'd like to be an MP and would like to become a dog handler. I'm having fun staying fit and getting into shape. So are some of the Marines on this site, who just love to give me PT. :) Happy 4th Of July! God bless!

BabyHuey
07-06-02, 05:05 PM
Just wanted to bump this thread to the top. That can't be all the combat vets here. I've scanned profiles and there's fella's claiming all sorts of stuff. Come on men, sound off.

arzach
07-06-02, 05:28 PM
gotta be a few out there, huey. maybe they jest be a tad shy!
amtracs--rvn '66-'67.
how 'bout ya? come on---:D

BabyHuey
07-06-02, 05:58 PM
gotta be a few out there, huey. maybe they jest be a tad shy!
amtracs--rvn '66-'67.
how 'bout ya? come on---:D

Hiya arzach, thanks for bumpin it up. Heya combat vets, sound off will ya?

NamGrunt68
07-06-02, 05:58 PM
Pipe down ya fcuking mud sniffin grunts !! I wuz rat in the middle of a can o c rat fruit cocktail !!!!! Welcome Home Bro's !!

Sparrowhawk
07-06-02, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't let them......

Can anyone vouch for them?

tkuhr
07-06-02, 07:34 PM
welder in an engineer battalion at ChuLai. Never fired my rifle at someone, tho I did duck a few rockets and outrun a couple mortar rounds to the bunker - does that count!? And it was real fun standing on that artillery shell while the patrol leader tried to figure out if it was trapped or not. I'll take second seat to the 0311's all the time - but remember, we ALL went.

arzach
07-06-02, 07:52 PM
hey namgrunt, did you make off with my *&%#in beef&rocks? can't find them bad boys anywhere! :D LMMFAO

Sparrowhawk
07-06-02, 08:55 PM
<b>M-60 machine gunner, 1st platoon, India Company 3/7, 1st Marine Division, June 67-68.

Here's a page from my diary during my tour in the land of no postage stamps. Sorry about the water stains from the Arizona Territory rice paddies.</b>

http://vietnamdiary.bizland.com/diarypage.gif

BabyHuey
07-06-02, 09:16 PM
Pipe down ya fcuking mud sniffin grunts !! I wuz rat in the middle of a can o c rat fruit cocktail !!!!! Welcome Home Bro's !!

Wall, lookit whose here. Hiya Dane. Pinapple bits, man, pinapple bits. Thanks for bumpin' the thread.

BabyHuey
07-06-02, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by tkuhr
.... but remember, we ALL went.

You betcha! Thanks and welcome home. I'm just kinda demented and lookin' for my own kind. Thanks for bumping the thread and Semper Fi.

BabyHuey
07-06-02, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
<b>M-60 machine gunner, 1st platoon, India Company 3/7, 1st Marine Division, June 67-68.

Here's a page from my diary during my tour in the land of no postage stamps. Sorry about the water stains from the Arizona Territory rice paddies.</b>

Most cool man. When I saw your first post I checked your profile and saw 3/7 I, I was hopin' to talk at you more, 'cause I had a buddy in the same, but he was 69-70 (or later, don't xactly remember). You like a plank holder here?

Sparrowhawk
07-06-02, 10:01 PM
your friend and I , probably crossed the same rice paddie fields.

Originally posted by tkuhr

.... but remember, we ALL went.

Yes, we did, but I just want to know who got my beer ration?

Never knew we were suppose to get beer, until I came home. What's up with that?

tkuhr
07-06-02, 11:23 PM
the beer ration - it probably would have been that Korean crap and that horse was defintely terminal.

thedrifter
07-07-02, 12:04 AM
Don't remember whole story about Beer Rations; The Marine Corps stated that they were going to ration 2 cans of beer to each Marine in Viet Nam. The Marines were writing home telling their mommies they were getting beer issued to them. Well Sh!t Hit the Fan. Letters were written to Senators, basicly saying that the Marine Corps was making alcoholics of their sons. This ended the Rationing of beer.

Sempers,

Roger

JP YH08
07-07-02, 03:04 AM
6113/6122 HMH-463 HMM-263 1970-1971 Went back in 1975 for "Eagle Pull & Frequent Wind".

Semper Fi! Jimmy

JRtheSTAR
07-07-02, 06:07 AM
Nam-65-66, M.O.S. 1371 Combat Engineer, school trained in mines, boobytraps and demolitions. Phu Bai, Dong Ha and Chu Lai. 3rd Engineer Bn, 1st Engineer Bn. Attached to 2nd Bn. 1st Marine Reg. and sometimes 4th Marines.
WELCOME HOME BRO'S

NamGrunt68
07-07-02, 06:22 AM
hey namgrunt, did you make off with my *&%#in beef&rocks? can't find them bad boys anywhere! :D LMMFAO

Nah bro, I wouldn't do dat to ya !!!! heheheheheheh

NamGrunt68
07-07-02, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by JRtheSTAR
Nam-65-66, M.O.S. 1371 Combat Engineer, school trained in mines, boobytraps and demolitions. Phu Bai, Dong Ha and Chu Lai. 3rd Engineer Bn, 1st Engineer Bn. Attached to 2nd Bn. 1st Marine Reg. and sometimes 4th Marines.
WELCOME HOME BRO'S

Welcome Home to ya too Bro and the rest of you Nammies !!
Combat Engineer huh !!! You don't by chance know that infamous Leo (Mineman) Sharkey do ya?? Oh Hell, I just remembered he wuz wid the 9th Eng Battalion I thunk !!! Anyway, he still stays tangled up in det cord most o da time !!!! Any a Chopper man here too....God Bless you Bro.....Chopper Pilots and Crewmen have Balls made from titanium !!!!

arzach
07-07-02, 06:49 AM
don't remember 'cold beers', do remember hot damn Falstaff!
actually aquired a taste for warm beer.

JRtheSTAR
07-07-02, 06:54 AM
NamGrunt68, the name doesn't ring a bell. But then I don't remember much about last night either.
Bump on the chopper pilots and crewmen.

BabyHuey
07-07-02, 10:40 AM
... This ended the Rationing of beer.

Hi Rog, thanks for the bump. Beer rationing was a pi$$er for grunts. We'd come in from bunches of daZe in the bush with no freaking beer and the club personnel used the rationing crap with us. 'Tweren't always love and harmony in da club.

BabyHuey
07-07-02, 10:42 AM
Bump on the chopper pilots and crewmen.

Oh hell yeah! Were you a crewman?

Thanks for the bump and Semper Fi

arzach
07-07-02, 11:53 AM
het huey--shouda been tight with your trac bros--i used to carry their 'suds'n' c's' in my trac.
i'm gonna go on record now with this you grunts are some of the best damn guys in our Corps!:cool: a little 'out there' perhaps, but goin' thru thay$#%^in hell over there, ya hadda be!
hope this gets thru--if not check with me i'll e-mail it to ya!
Semper Fi Bro!

BabyHuey
07-07-02, 03:20 PM
hope this gets thru!

Thanks amigo, and cool flik.

tkuhr
07-07-02, 10:42 PM
Did my tour with the 9th Eng at ChuLai, Late March '67 into June'68. Sounds like me and "Mineman" just missed - Hell, he wouldn't have noticed and NFG like me anyway. Probably would have found a way to talk me out of my beer ration!

BabyHuey
07-07-02, 10:59 PM
WELCOME HOME BRO'S

Hey JR, thanks man. You get to operate with the grunts alot? I remember a more than a few times we operated with engineers, mostly road sweeps, and trying to destroy the Arizona.

Ding Dong
07-08-02, 12:29 AM
Don't remember whole story about Beer Rations; The Marine Corps stated that they were going to ration 2 cans of beer to each Marine in Viet Nam. The Marines were writing home telling their mommies they were getting beer issued to them. Well Sh!t Hit the Fan. Letters were written to Senators, basicly saying that the Marine Corps was making alcoholics of their sons. This ended the Rationing of beer.

Sempers,

Roger

I don't know when no o-fee-shull edict got passed down about no beer ration but, I got my first "ration" beer out in the Arizona on the Marine Corps' Birthday in 1969 (got one can of Black Label and one can of Schlitz. Lt. Galyean souveniored the Budweiser for his ownself) along with a piece of stale cake. The ration when we were at Henderson Hill or in An Hoa was supposed to be two beers and two sodas per man per day. I'll be phuced if I ever saw any two beers or two sodas. I got told the phat-azzed pogue lifers were selling the $hit for a dime a can to the Remington Raiders and truck drivers. I did get some o' dat mighty fine mo' bettah gritty phucking lettuce and freeze dried hamburgers and warm green kool-ade from a lister bag once when the Sgt./Major was supposedly feeling generous. Ahhhh ... the memories. Every time I see a pack of kool-ade I think of the smell of warm rubber and canvas.

Ding Dong
07-08-02, 12:37 AM
Hi y'all,

Thanks and Semper Fi

Well fug me a runnin' ... my ol' Bro BabyHuey is a chuckin' frags in the honey well all over the dang place. Hey Bru .... BITE M... I mean, Welcome Home Brudda Man!!!

ps - oh yea me ..... chit mon ... you knows where I come from.:D

Ding Dong
07-08-02, 12:48 AM

Hey Rick ... don't know about yer beef & rocks but the azzhole done boosted ALL a my beans & balls.

Ding Dong
07-08-02, 12:59 AM

http://vietnamdiary.bizland.com/diarypage.gif

[B] Hey HawkMan ... I think I recognize those water stains. Looks like either from the La Thaps or the My Hieps. Given the age, they could be from the Bo Bans but there was too many traps in the Bo Bans to do much writing. Bad for the penmanship. From one 0331 to another, Welcome Home Bro!

"The Ding Dong"
Guns
Charlie 1/5
'69 - '70

Sparrowhawk
07-08-02, 07:21 AM
Don't really remember that fellow saying anything like that while I was there.

I do remember Hanoi Hanna telling us warning us over the radio just before we went on the above operation

"Suicide India, if you cross to the Arizona, it will be your suicide."

India Company got that nickname at Duc Pho during operation De Soto.

Ding Dong, you sound like you are boo-koo dinky-dau, welcome home bro.

Humm, the water steins musta came from the bend at Finger Lake near Phu Binh (1), about a klick 1/2 from Football Island.

http://xtn.net/~grunt/vietnam/TDINDIA.gif
India Co" Graphic designed by Denis Samoilov for Terry Dixon

http://xtn.net/~grunt/vietnam/

BabyHuey
07-08-02, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ding Dong

... you knows where I come from.:D

Well hey, DingDong, bro, 6itchin' to see you here! Ain't a real big dirth of combat vets here, yet. Wish these bro's would step up and tell me what they done. Dem smiley faces ain't working for me, so's I'll just shout Semper Fi.

BabyHuey
07-08-02, 02:02 PM
Don't really remember that fellow saying anything like that while I was there.

I do remember Hanoi Hanna telling us warning us over the radio just before we went on the above operation

"Suicide India, if you cross to the Arizona, it will be your suicide."

India Company got that nickname at Duc Pho during operation De Soto.

Ding Dong, you sound like you are boo-koo dinky-dau, welcome home bro.

Humm, the water steins musta came from the bend at Finger Lake near Phu Binh (1), about a klick 1/2 from Football Island.

http://xtn.net/~grunt/vietnam/TDINDIA.gif
India Co" Graphic designed by Denis Samoilov for Terry Dixon

http://xtn.net/~grunt/vietnam/

That'a a most cool graphic. I'm agonna have to snag it for my pal. Thanks.

USMC0311
07-08-02, 04:01 PM
U mofos seen my ****..if ya ain't and wanna know look 4 it mudfickin Marines
Semper Fi, grunts!!!

BabyHuey
07-09-02, 10:22 AM
Would any combat vets who haven't done so, please sound off. Not just RVN, either. Made my day yesterday, talking with a WWII amigo.

Semper Fi

BabyHuey
07-09-02, 06:50 PM
I came here hoping to hang with bro's (and sis'es). I wanted to tell present Marines how proud I am of them. I wanted to give a hand salute and Semper Fi to all Marines, past and present. I tell you that now, and adieu.

I followed the rules, kinda. Regardless, I had a post deleted on another thread, which is okay, the mod gotta do what the mod gotta do, but, the preceeding post was also edited, with no notation that a moderator had intervened. That is unacceptable.

Good luck with your Marine careers.

Midnight
07-09-02, 07:30 PM
I came here hoping to hang with bro's (and sis'es). I wanted to tell present Marines how proud I am of them. I wanted to give a hand salute and Semper Fi to all Marines, past and present. I tell you that now, and adieu.

I followed the rules, kinda. Regardless, I had a post deleted on another thread, which is okay, the mod gotta do what the mod gotta do, but, the preceeding post was also edited, with no notation that a moderator had intervened. That is unacceptable.

SEMPER FI BRO!

****** ****BIRD way of doing things just cost us a MARINE GRUNT. mutha ****** WAY OF OPERATING

Edited for Language. thedrifter

NamGrunt68
07-09-02, 07:36 PM

BRO, I think it's time for me to hat up too.....I came here for the same reason and I know Ive broken some rules and stuff...
I ain't takin back nothin I said though....I ain't hangin whur a Nam bro gets edited or stepped on and a thread deleted just because the sh!t starts gettin slung......I thought I made a pretty good suggestion about havin a thread that we could talk the sh!t...I am on VA meds cuz I talk this way....it ain't no typin game....I have been rated socially unfit by the VA.....I been like this for 34 years.....I don't sit and think about what I say...I just say it.....but it don't fly around the new and improved Corps.....One more thing....A Marine Corps Club should be just that....for Marines and Marines only.....not civilians, not kids going into the Corps.....Marine helping Marines....not Marines helping people going into the Marines....there's other forums out there for them...
Anyway......
ARZACH, USMC0311, BABY HUEY, MIDNIGHT, NAMNUTS, CRAZY DOC, DING DONG, ....IF I LEFT ANY NAM BRO'S OUT FORGIVE ME PLEASE......GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE YOUNG MARINES AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR JOINING MY MARINE CORPS......REMEMBER TO KEEP YER AMMO AND SOCKS DRY, AND ABOVE ALL IF YOU GET INTO COMBAT REMEMBER.....YOUR FIGHTING FOR YOUR BRO'S.....WATCH THEIR DAMN SIX......THEY'RE WATCHIN YOURS .....

GOD BLESS MY BRO'S THAT CAME HOME WITH WOUNDED BODIES,
GOD BLESS MY BRO'S THAT CAME HOME WITH WOUNDED SOULS,
GOD BLESS MY BRO'S THAT CAME HOME WITH WOUNDED MINDS,
GOD BLESS MY BRO'S THAT CAME HOME IN SPIRIT ONLY.......
AND GOD BLESS MY BRO'S THAT DIDN'T COME HOME AT ALL..........

GOOD NIGHT CHESTY.....IT DON'T MEAN NUTTIN !!!

Midnight
07-09-02, 07:49 PM

BRO, I think it's time for me to hat up too.....I came here for the same reason and I know Ive broken some rules and stuff...
I ain't takin back nothin I said though....I ain't hangin whur a Nam bro gets edited or stepped on and a thread deleted just because the sh!t starts gettin slung......I thought I made a pretty good suggestion about havin a thread that we could talk the sh!t...I am on VA meds cuz I talk this way....it ain't no typin game....I have been rated socially unfit by the VA.....I been like this for 34 years.....I don't sit and think about what I say...I just say it.....but it don't fly around the new and improved Corps.....One more thing....A Marine Corps Club should be just that....for Marines and Marines only.....not civilians, not kids going into the Corps.....Marine helping Marines....not Marines helping people going into the Marines....there's other forums out there for them...
Anyway......
ARZACH, USMC0311, BABY HUEY, MIDNIGHT, NAMNUTS, CRAZY DOC, DING DONG, ....IF I LEFT ANY NAM BRO'S OUT FORGIVE ME PLEASE......GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE YOUNG MARINES AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR JOINING MY MARINE CORPS......REMEMBER TO KEEP YER AMMO AND SOCKS DRY, AND ABOVE ALL IF YOU GET INTO COMBAT REMEMBER.....YOUR FIGHTING FOR YOUR BRO'S.....WATCH THEIR DAMN SIX......THEY'RE WATCHIN YOURS .....

AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A THANG BRO.
YOU MAKE YER HAT I GOT YER SIX.
SEMPER FI MARINE

arzach
07-09-02, 07:55 PM

Huey, I'll miss ya here, a few folks here would definatey benefit from your in-sight! To say nothing of your Esprit De Corps!!!!
be wid ya on the other side, Semper Fi, Bro!

CallieJo
07-30-02, 09:24 AM

Anyway......

I am not a Marine and my friend that is might be mad at me for posting this, but I want you Vietnam veterans to know that I care and I know you get frustrated. My friend has had a hard time adjusting to the America he left and came back to. I have have been friends with Joe for over 20 years and that is a treat for me, because he sure don't let many people close to him. I for one appreciate what you Veterans have done for me and my children. I have never condemned the way you guys act. I think if I was put down for over 30 years I would also be angry also. I know my friend got a computer only so he could try and find someone that he could relate to. The way my Marine friend puts is "I'm not running from the people. I'm avoiding the confrontation" I think he is trying to adjust to society, but He is a real hard man and I understand why. Thank you all for preserving our Freedom.
CallieJo,