PDA

View Full Version : Pcs

Sgtj
04-15-06, 10:25 PM
Well, my wife and I have decided to pack the seabag and move north. Out of the hurricane zone of the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. Its not the hurricanes as it is career ops for both my wife and I. Wendy just received a great promotion to her coporate office and Northrop Grumman is sending me up to our DC office. Its really great for us both, as we both love the DC area. We will actually live in/near Bel Air, Md. which will be a commute for us both but the area is extremely nice. Anyone live around there?

Anyway, thats the latest update...so next hurricane season, you won't have to worry about this Marine as I've swapped fighting holes. But thanks to those who supported and where there during Katrina.

Semper Fidelis.

Keith:flag:

ringoffire
04-16-06, 12:59 PM
The Husband and I lived in MD for a while, His parents live in Northeast, (that's across the river from Aberdeen).
The area is very nice, except of course for traffic. Baltimore is an awsome city, it's the Husbands favorite. Be sure to check out Ellicot City, very quaint Maine St. Of course you'll be near Annapolis, (My favorite). Havre De Grace is close to Bel Air and they have lots of antique shops, and the little river walk is nice...it ends at an old Lighthouse, that you can go in. There's always something to do in Baltimore and the Inner Harbour. Camden Yards is great, don't know if your an Oriole fan, but it's still a nice place to go. Now they have the Ravens stadium, it's nice too, just not the best part of town. When you go to Baltimore I would suggest going to Little Italy and the Fells Point area. This is probably more info than you expected, but I happen to really like MD...

Sgtj
04-16-06, 01:06 PM
I'm sort of familiar with the area already. I was stationed at 8th and I for 4 years, and ended up living in Maryland while I was in a for about a year after I left the Marines. I lived in Crofton then, which is even closer to Annapolis. We are very excited. My wife is already up there (working) and I move on the 5th of May. We are lucky enough to beable to purchase a house, which in that area, is more of an investiment since appreciation has fallen below 15% in the last 8 years.

Thank you for all your comments, you mentioned a few places I would like to visit. I'm not all that impressed with Baltimore (Annapolis is my favorite too). But your right there is just tons to do. And now that BRAC as moved all the R&D programs to Aberdeen its just going to get even bigger....Glad I purchased before that blitz!

Hope your enjoying N.C. ;)

ringoffire
04-16-06, 01:18 PM
The Husband and I were in highschool (different schools) when we lived there. We go back when we can. I like the local food that's there. There's an ice-cream shop in Annapolis, they make thier own, very good. The Delaware Beaches are nice, that Bay Bridge is a B****. You won't be far from from Philly either.

We are enjoying NC, this is the second time we've been here. I'm glad we got here when we did, they are expecting tons of Marines within the next 4 years. They can't build the barracks fast enough on Lejuene.