PDA

View Full Version : LCpl Seeley honored at Seattle Mariners game

quillhill
04-12-06, 10:10 PM
Respectfully submitted for your consideration:

I don't know if LCpl Seeley mentioned this to anybody, but last Thursday, April 6, he was one of four local Marines who got to stand on the third base line and represent the Corps during the Seattle Mariners Salute to Armed Forces Day.

Sgt. Jonathan Coffey, who keeps an eye out for Seeley, coordinated this. He also helped get myself and Meghan, my photographer on the field. I took pictures with my digital camera for a story I'm going to write for the Ezine about Seeley. Meghan got photos for the follow up I'm working on for the May 3 issue of my paper, the Covington Reporter. I can't believe it's been nearly six months since I first met Seeley.

Anyway, I wanted to share the photos I took of Seeley at Safeco Field. I can personally attest to the fact that you wouldn't know by his marching that he had suffered a single injury while serving his country in Iraq.

Ypu can view the photos here:
http://www.leatherneck.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=1&userid=23929

quillhill
04-12-06, 11:01 PM
Generous as always Shaffer. Back over to the desk top it is. I'm kind of proud of these photos. Anyway, they'll be on their way momentarily.

jinelson
04-13-06, 02:58 AM
Outstanding Kris! I cant wait to see the photos. I would also like to thank you for your continuing support for Marines and those that wish to earn that title.

Thanks Jim

GySgtRet
04-13-06, 05:48 AM
As humble as Seeley is he hadn't mentioned it to me. He isn't a braggard at all as you well know. Thank you for thinking of us here on Leatheneck. I am looking forward to seeing the pics.

:thumbup:

jgorosco
04-13-06, 11:42 AM
When and where will the photos be posted if someone doesn't mind me asking

GySgtRet
04-13-06, 12:26 PM
Thank you both for making this possible. Shawn if you see this I saw you standing tall..

:thumbup:

jgorosco
04-13-06, 12:38 PM
Thank You kind Sir

quillhill
04-13-06, 02:40 PM
Sweet. Thanks for getting those up, Shaffer. I'll have to figure out how to use the Photo Gallery function. In any case, it was absolutely my pleasure to share. I kind of figured Seeley wouldn't want to make a big thing of it. Anyway, I'm the reporter, that's my job. :)

rb1651
04-13-06, 08:20 PM
Thanks to all involved. Doggone eyes are leakin' looking at that proud young Marine, knowing what he has been thru. Again, thank you, and the Seattle Mariners for recogonizing these fine people who are protecting our freedom.

captken
04-14-06, 12:16 PM
I look forward to reading your article. Thanks for caring enough to write about one of our country's Marines! -kj-

quillhill
04-14-06, 03:44 PM
CaptKen, did you have a chance to read the first story I wrote about LCpl Seeley back in January? If not, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you in PDF.

Dang, I wish had taken a video, you salty Marines would've loved watching that precision, is it marching? I thought the newly minted Airmen at my brother's Air Force BMT graduation last summer turned a sharp corner. No offense to the sailors, CaptKen, but the sailors that lined up next to the four Marines just didn't look as sharp.

By the way, I'd like to mention that the crowd at the game was amazing. They really gave all of the members of the military a lot of love.

I was walking around on the concourse at one point in search of food. In addition to the band and the armed forces members as well as veterans who lined up on the field, the Marine Corps Honor Guard (from Ft. Lewis, I think) performed in the outfield. Most of these folks stayed for the game. As I was searching for food, one of the Honor Guard members was approached by a middle aged gentleman, hand outstretched. He shook the Marine's hand and told him, "Thank you for your service." I didn't hear all of the conversation, but I thought it was awesome. The Marine graciously accepted the man's comments and walked off with a grin on his face.

It was a great night.

captken
04-15-06, 10:00 AM
Yes I read the first article. Very well done! No offense taken on the comparison with the Marines. None of the services can match the Marines in that department.

Seeley
04-19-06, 04:25 PM
Just thought I'd let everyone know why I'm wearing a sharpshooter badge in the photos...My buddy who was getting married the next day needed an expert badge because he forgot his, and I borrowed a Sgt's extra sharpshooter badge lol. Problem's fixed, I have an extra one now.

GySgtRet
04-19-06, 05:13 PM
I didn't want to say anything and I don't think anybody noticed, but now we all now you are an Expert at rifle. You are the only one that I know of that admits to not being in proper uniform. Normally there is a penalty for this but in your circumstances<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> I guess we will have to let this one go.

quillhill
04-19-06, 05:16 PM
I didn't want to say anything and I don't think anybody noticed, but now we all now you are an Expert at rifle. You are the only one that I know of that admits to not being in proper uniform. Normally there is a penalty for this but in your circumstances<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> I guess we will have to let this one go.

I knew something was amiss when I got a good look at my photos. But, I didn't want to say anything, either.

Hey, his mom liked the photos. Shawn, I'm sure she didn't care you had the wrong badge on. ;)