PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Marine Makes Final Homecoming

thedrifter
04-12-06, 06:19 PM
Fallen Marine Makes Final Homecoming
Funeral Set For Thursday
UPDATED: 9:03 am EDT April 12, 2006

MILFORD, Ohio -- Lance Cpl. Bryan Taylor came home Tuesday night for the last time.

Family and friends gathered on the tarmac at the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport as his body arrived from Iraq.

The Marine and Milford High School graduate was killed last week in Iraq when he was shot by an Iraqi soldier while working at a Coalition base.

"His dad kept repeating one thing over and over again, and certainly it goes without saying. He says, 'I just want my boy to be honored,' and certainly he deserves that," Sheriff A.J. Rodenberg said.

As the body arrived in Milford, Marines carried the flag-covered casket into the Evans Funeral Home, after a final salute from a fellow Marine.

People, some complete strangers, turned out to watch the procession.

"There's a lot of people that are over there now that are putting their lives on the line, and we don't know any of them and we have to unite as one unit, the people of the United States, to give back to the people who are over there," Jim Garner said.

Many of Taylor's friends were there as well.

"He was the best friend you could ever have, and I'm proud to know him and people should be proud that he is even from around here," Crystal Wells said. "A lot of heartache, never getting to say goodbye."

A public visitation is scheduled at the funeral home from 5 to 9 p.m. The funeral is set for 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Andrews Church, followed by a graveside service at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery.

Rest In Peace

Ellie

criggleman
04-12-06, 09:29 PM
Lance Cpl. Bryan Taylor, American Hero Semper Fi
Enough Said.

junker316
04-13-06, 06:42 AM
LCpl Taylor rest in peace and bless the family.

GySgtRet
04-13-06, 06:59 AM
My condolences to the your fallen Marine. Rest in Peace.

rb1651
04-13-06, 07:04 PM
Semper Fi, my Brother. Rest in Peace.