PDA

View Full Version : My 2 Cents

outlaw3179
04-12-06, 05:29 PM
In the last few weeks there has been alot of discussion on immigration and how hispanic immigrants are ruining America. I dont really agree that they are ruining it as much as they are not contributing as much as they could. Here are a few things wich I would agree on.

1. You come to the country get a job.

2. You come to the country learn the language.

3. You come to the country remember your heritage, but come here to become an American.

4. Become active in your community and try to give back to the country wich has opened her arms to allow you to live a better life.

Now I understand that there are certain people who for some reason or another pretty much dont like Hispanic people , wich is fine. You can call them spics, half breeds, border jumpers or whatever you want. Your not going to hurt anyones feelings. but one thing you should do before you keep making stupid comments or calling a people wich have given alot to America is remember a few things.

Latinos have been active in U.S. armed conflict dating back to the American Revolution. Bernardo De Galvez, Spanish Governor of Louisiana, swept the British from Southern Mississippi, led Spanish soldiers that defeated the British in Florida, and provided provisions to revolutionary troops. Approximately 7,500 Latinos fought for the Union and 2,500 for the Confederacy in the Civil War
Sergeant Joseph H. De Castro from Boston was awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroism fighting for the Republic in the Civil War .
In World War I, David Bennes Barkley served in Company A, 89th Division, 356th Infantry. The son of an Anglo and a Mexican mother, Barkley wanted to serve but did not want to be relegated to menial labor tasks, which were often assigned to Latinos. Using his father's name (who had abandoned the family), Barkley enlisted and was subsequently sent to Europe. In France, he lost his life on a reconnaissance mission looking for information on the enemy. After swimming across the icy River Meuse in France and drawing maps on the position of German artillery, he was shot. He was posthumously awarded the Croix de Guerre by France, the Croce Merito de Guerra by Italy, and the Medal of Honor by the United States

Currently, there is an estimated 39.9 million Hispanics in America, according to a news release from the U.S. Census Bureau. In comparison, there are more than 23,000 Hispanics in the Marine Corps, representing approximately 13 percent of its total population.

During the Korean war 881 Hispanic/Latino servicemen gave their lives for their country.

There are no accurate numbers for Hispanics killed in Vietnam but it is estimated the number is between 4%- 6% .

As of February 4th 248 Hipanic servicemen or women have been killed in Iraq

Thirty-seven Hispanics are among the more than 3,400 Medal of Honor recipients awarded since its creation in 1861.

Not every person who has come to this country has come here to drain the life out of the United States. Just like not every person who was born here is a contributing factor to the succes and the prosperity of the United States.

One thing I do know is when I die, I will have 6 Marines in Dress Blues carry me to my last post and the American Flag will be draping my coffin.

Semper Fi Marines :usmc:

Woffski
04-19-06, 02:25 PM
You are one hundred percent correct Marine!!!!!!!:flag: :thumbup: