PDA

View Full Version : Where?

GyG1345
12-08-02, 06:43 AM
Where-O-Where are the Login/LogOut buttons, if any, located on this board?

Now that I am back in as GyG1345, I would like to see if I can also get back in as GunnyG (which went nutso yesterday--maybe I should quit while I'm ahead, but being as I am what I am....

DickG

thedrifter
12-08-02, 06:58 AM
Go to the Home page.......
Left hand side.......near top.......options......
You then see....log out........

Sempers,

Roger

GyG1345
12-08-02, 07:01 AM
ThankYa--if I disappear again, you'll know I'm locked-out again!

DickG

GyG1345
12-08-02, 07:07 AM
Still says, wrong password attempting to Login w/gunnyg--but I can get back in using the new GyG1345...

Are there others having problems like this--or just me?

DickG

GyG1345
12-08-02, 07:27 AM
Haven't seen the option for the Chevron shown on posts--has that bee n discontinued?

OK--finally figured that one out.

DickG

firstsgtmike
12-08-02, 08:11 AM
GyG1345 alias gunnyg,

I've never had your problem, but I've had others, and therefore can appreciate your frustration.

I don't like, or use, Netscape. I use IE. I used NetCaptor, an enhancement of IE and followed its updates until it became shareware and required a price to continue using it. I was tempted, until I found MyIE2 (freeware). It also sits on top of IE, but I can open 100 sites, or pages at the same time, and click from one to the other.

Logging in? My IE cookie takes care of that problem for me. (I use Lavasoft (freeware) to eliminate unwanted cookies.

Logging out? Since I am the only one who uses my computer, I NEVER log out. One click and I'm gone.

I've experienced two types of problems here at Leatherneck.com. One, is that THEY are down. I wait and try again later. #2. Occassionally, for some unknown reason, I'm told I can't post, or don't have access to a particular thing. No problem. I click out and click in again. It rereads my cookie and my id and password are accepted and I'm back in business.

I also use AdAware, so I'm in control of what information my computer sends out without my knowledge.

For the amount of time I spend on line surfing, I'm amazed at the minimal amount of spam, junk mail, and unwanted pop-ups I receive.

Also, I've never seen the need for an e-mail manager (msn messenger or whatever. I handle my e-mail, in and out, directly through hotmail.

Marine Corps taught me that. I was a communicator, 2533/2539. The best communications is face to face. The more links, equipment, wire length, remotes, repeaters, relays, etc. between the sender and the receiver, the more difficult trouble shooting becomes.

I graduated from Radio Shacks Track80 to CPM, to DOS. I hung on to DOS for as long as I could, until I was forced to accept Windows if I wanted the Internet. Every bell and every whistle is a potential weak link between the sender and the receiver.

I'm a firm believer in KISS.

GyG1345
12-08-02, 08:19 AM
I started out w/Netscape 5 years ago, and I hate to change--anything! But, now that Bill Gates has rendered netscape (and much else) almost useless, I can see that I am having to alternate between IE and Netscape more and more.

Same w/me I started getting to "see only" Leatherneck.com, but wouldn't let me post, then started this garbage about wrong password--it all went downhill from there.

Best

DickG