PDA

View Full Version : Disrespect

ssgtt32
04-06-06, 05:07 PM
:usmc: i read the different discussions every day, i have noticed a trend, that the jounior Marines are talking back and sometimes cussing at senior Marines! what happened? I am not talking about the...

GySgtRet
04-06-06, 05:17 PM
So many times I think that Marines forget where they came from and where their place is. In my day and I was proud of every promotion that I got. I enjoyed being in front of the command getting my promotion warrant. I understand or maybe its just rumor that this doesn't always happen in front of the command? The Corporal warrant was the most painfull if you know what I mean...LOL

Semper Fi

thedrifter
04-06-06, 06:02 PM
ssgtt32

My husband feels the same way...

Ellie

FistFu68
04-06-06, 07:14 PM
:usmc: I AGREE TOTALLY,WITH YOU.I MAY BE A LITTLE OLD SCHOOL(68/72) ACTIVE.BUT PUTTING SKID CHAIN'S,ON YOUR TONGUE WAS THE NORM.IT WAS CALLED RESPECT!IF THAT DIDN'T WORK,GETTING THE TASTE JAP SLAPPED OUT OF YA, WORKED WONDER'S.BUT THE TIME'S,THEY ARE A CHANGING.WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO MOTIVATION PLATOON,OR BLANKET PARTY? 10/4. :usmc:

ggyoung
04-06-06, 07:17 PM
Becoming a NCO was the highlite of my 8 years. It's really great when the command makes you a section chief of a 8in howitser section that is a E6 job. You would niver find that in the army.

rb1651
04-06-06, 07:21 PM
ssgt32, I absolutely agree with you. At times I am the one who shoud "rein it in". Thanks for the reminder. :thumbup:

redneck13
04-06-06, 07:48 PM
No matter where the problem of the "DIS-R.E.S.P.E.C.T." comes from, it's up to the Corps as one big unit to correct it. "GIT 'R DONE!!" CARRY ON MAGGOT'S. SF

hrscowboy
04-06-06, 08:06 PM
Gawd i can still feel the pain after i made NCO and that was 37 years ago thank god the staff NCOs had Mercy on me i was already black in blue from my shoulders down to my knees..

greensideout
04-06-06, 08:50 PM
My view on this;
I figure that when you leave the Corps you leave the rank hanging on some wall. You become what we all are from Pvt to Sgt Major, a Veteran Marine. What we all have in common is our years of service in the Marine Corps. It's a brotherhood and rank means little, it's common ground after the active duty.
"Once a Marine always a Marine". I don't see any mention of rank there.

Semper Fi,
GSO

ssgtt32
04-06-06, 09:57 PM
Exchange ideas and thoughts with your Band of Brothers. Remember to be courteous and respectful...this is the basis of this forum...all forums!

i see young Marines and want to be's, not taking what we have to say to heart, i was just trying to reinforce a point, that all Marines live by, we listen to our elders, that is what keeps us alive!

I was not trying to hateful!

Semper FI,
Maurice

FistFu68
04-06-06, 09:58 PM
:usmc: GOOD~POINT!I KNOW A FORMER SGT./MAJ. AT THIS VFW.I STOP IN FOR A COCKTAIL,EVERY NOW AND THEN. HE'S THE LOUDEST MOUTH,IN THE PLACE!HE'S GOT A FOLLOWING OF PET SQUIRRELS.LISTENING TO HIS BS, IT'S AF IF HE WON THE WAR,SINGLE HANDE'D.COVERT THIS COVERT THAT. 99% OF THE MEN AND WOMEN GO THERE TO FORGET THE BAD ****.THIS IS THE MEAN STREET'S,I DON'T OWE THIS MAN NOTHING,UNLESS HE GAIN'S MY RESPECT!SGT.MAJOR OR NOT.WELL I HAD A CHICAGO DET.HOMICIDE' GET THE 411 FOR ME, HE WAS A SGT.MAJOR~BUT NEVER LEFT CONUS! A LIAR!I STILL GO THERE,DON'T SAY **** TO HIM.AND THE WAR STORIE'S GO ON. THE IRONIC THING IS,THAT HIS INITIAL'S NAME WISE ARE B,S. 10/4:usmc:

ssgtt32
04-06-06, 10:45 PM
Jack, i meet a few of those my self, you listen than forget...S/F Carry On....I like that

greensideout
04-06-06, 10:46 PM
Exchange ideas and thoughts with your Band of Brothers. Remember to be courteous and respectful...this is the basis of this forum...all forums.

Semper FI,
Maurice

I agree ssgtt32! Marines will however sound off to each other but that does not diminish their respect for one another. It's just the assertive way we are. ;)

greensideout
04-06-06, 10:51 PM
Exchange ideas and thoughts with your Band of Brothers. Remember to be courteous and respectful...this is the basis of this forum...all forums.

Semper FI,
Maurice

I agree ssgtt32! Marines will however sound off to each other but that does not diminish their respect for one another. It's just the assertive way we are. :marine:

ssgtt32
04-06-06, 11:04 PM
GSO, i did not start this thread as dispute between Marine's, it is just something that had to be said, we have active duty Marines (junior) talking to active duty Marines (senior) like they are drinking buddies! That is the only thing that i was trying to enforce! and too the newbees/want to bees (remember that before you, there was us!) and we are here to answer all questions, we might not know them but we will find out what they are, or we will dance.......lol

Semper Fi,
Maurice

greensideout
04-06-06, 11:34 PM
I guess that I have missed this happening with active duty Marines. Would you show me an example?

Semper Fi,
GSO

ssgtt32
04-06-06, 11:58 PM
GSO, give me time, there are a lot AD Marines that speck there minds! not just in this forum, i was trying to keep the faith, and not disrepect, if i have done anything to offend you, it was not intended! i guess i was in the poolee forum when i saw the disrespect, however MY attitude has not changed, weather you are Former, Current, or Future Marines, there should be some kind of respect on these forums!

Semper Fi
Maurice

Bige1371
04-07-06, 12:55 AM
Here is an example for you.
"You have to realise the book and the movie is not about The Corps. It's a ****ing memoir. It IS about one individual. So I don't understand all these Marines crying over how it wasn't moto. How it was a 'slap in the face'. The movie is not about the ****ing Corps! It's about Anthony ****ing Swofford. About HIS experiance, about the things HE went through while at war. If you want a movie to tickle your ****ing balls about damn Corps watch Sands Of Iwo Jimo or Gung Ho!, or some ****."
This is from a poolee talking to Marines.
There are many more Greensideout. Most coming from poolee's and boot Marines.
Semper,Bige1371<!-- / message -->

jryanjack
04-07-06, 07:29 AM
Bige1371,

I agree with your example. In my years of being on this website one thing that has pretty much been consistent is that poolee's are not allowed to talk to any Marine in that fashion and normally are immediately corrected by one of the Marines on the site and often times by other poolees as well.

However, the SSgt was referring to active Marines showing disrespect to other, senior active Marines. Honestly, I don't think that I have seen this, however, I also do not always know who is or is not still on active duty. I am familiar with some of the former poolees who are now Marines (i.e. LCpl Lake, LCpl Seeley, and a few others), and while there have been some posts that they have posted that have rubbed me the wrong way, but I would not call it disrespectful, but rather that they have a different point of view then I have.

redneck13
04-07-06, 09:00 AM
ssgtt32, I read your thread, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Respect is respect. Yeah, I've had some junior's get down on me, but, I forgave them. They were very respectful by apologizing. I told them there was no need to apologize.....we can fight amoungst each other, then forgive and buy each a cool one. But, I understand where you're coming from, and like I said I agree. Good thread my friend. NOW CARRYON MAGGOT'S, SF