PDA

View Full Version : Drill Instructor Readiness! (Help Me)

laugheazy
04-04-06, 06:57 PM
Hey everyone. Im in need of some info. If you know where to get it from, or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Here is my story:
Hey everyone, Im a Sergeant with of course, the United States Marines. A lot of people have dreams, marry a model, buy a Porsche, retire at twenty years, go to college. Those are all well and dandy.
But my dream, is to be a drill instructor. Call it dumb, call it wishful thinking. I dont have a 300 PFT, I have a 264, Im very darn good at anything physical. But Im not 311. I have looked at many sites, and seen what I should do to prepare myself.
What Im asking from you all is, what do I need to do now, to prepare myself? Should I buy all brane new Creightons? All new, cammies, 2 new pair of boots? Brane new Alpha Blouse? **** cutter, barracks cover? Should I haze myself daily? Haze is a strong word I know. I want to be as prepared as I can be. I know I wont have a lot of time for much. I dont really care. I leave next february for DI school is South Carolina. Im trying to get a head start and appreciate all the help you all can give me. Thank you
SGT
USMC
AAV's!

I aplogize for putting this is the wrong part of the forum. I was in a hurry. Sorry about that

outlaw3179
04-04-06, 07:36 PM
what unit are you with Marine?

outlaw3179
04-04-06, 07:39 PM
I call Bulls*hit!

laugheazy
04-04-06, 08:09 PM
im in AAS BN Camp Pendleton Ca. you call BS on what? You feeling ok?

dcgreer
04-05-06, 08:48 AM
I think he's saying "Bull*hit" because your public profile indicates you graduated from PI in Januay 2006. Kinda hard to make sargeant in four months out of boot camp. If the entry is wrong, you might want to fix it.

jgorosco
04-05-06, 08:55 AM
Forgive me if I am sound dumb here, but doesn't every school you go to in the Corps give you a list of items needed? And if you are already scheduled for school why can't you ask someone that runs the program?

jgorosco
04-05-06, 08:56 AM
And isn't he just a cattle cart ride from MCRD SD to ask there? Yep I smell something

Wyoming
04-05-06, 09:28 AM

I aplogize for putting this is the wrong part of the forum. I was in a hurry. Sorry about that

You had time for font size and type, but no profile, hence ...

I'm a bit confused here. The 1st thing I did was send a PM asking that a profile be provided. It was.

2ndly, punctuation and capitalization, spelchek, and lack of time as, in your words, 'I was in a hurry', etc. All of this appears to be a bit of a push, as the profile was so readily made available.

Sadly, the questions he asked are all of those of which he should ALREADY know the answers. Therefore, all of the questioning.

Standforth, laugheazy, prove yourself, deal or no deal.

Hopefully, this Marine will be found to be just as he says, a Marine.

a1ofthefew
04-05-06, 07:20 PM
Check out this site for your info.

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/di_school/di_students.htm

laugheasy
04-07-06, 05:04 PM
Are you kidding me? This turned into the biggest debate ever. I honestly cannot believe this. I was actually on AOOD, when writing that. So I wasnt able to be online and type away. I almost always mess with the font in messages. Im going to DI school, thank you for who provided the link. You CAN get a list off the internet of gear and anything else you may need. However, I was seeing if i could get a real answer from someone who may have been there recently. You know how things in the Marines change. People you can smell the BS, you can do what you wish. I was just trying to get information from someone whos been there done that, or that is doing. I apologize for this worthless debate. I am however a Sergeant. If you dont believe me, private message me, or ask here, ill give you the info to look me up on MarieOnline. Just to prove to ya.lol..This is honestly crazy. Not what I expected. I AM going to the drill field. However, i do not have orders, or anything pending. Becuase as soon as I submit orders, and the 1st SGT, and Company Co, sign off on them Im gone. Im not eligible for re enlistment until Febr 07. So im waiting until then. I was just trying to get a head start on info i should have before going. Semper Fi

Before this is a debate. I changed my screen name. Just spelled different. This is laugheazy.

Im also sorry for the spelling. I didnt do the Spelling MCI. So im behind the power curbve. But I appreciate those who catch my mispelled words. All Marines are not only Rifleman, we are also spelling majors. Take care all.

Wyoming
04-07-06, 06:06 PM

Works for me.:thumbup:

Oh yeah, I liked your 1st spelling.:cool:

Keep in touch on your journey.

outlaw3179
04-07-06, 06:17 PM
Cool ...your a Marine ...Welcome aboard!

redneck13
04-08-06, 06:25 AM
:marine: :banana: :flag: Welcome aboard Jarhead. Got a question for you. Did the Drill Instructor School at MCRD San Diego Close?
I'm a former Drill Instructor, went there. One thing you probably should quit doing..."DON'T CALL IT DI SCHOOL." Your recruit's shouldn't, unless that's changed, hopefully it hasn't, (Or put 'em in the dirt), can't, won't, ever call a Drill Instructor "DI"....Once you graduate, you will very seldom use, DI school. It's sort of like a tradition, and also an insult to refer to a Drill Instructor as a DI......It's okay young man, go get some, OORAH!!! NOW CARRY ON MAGGOT'S.

drillinstructor
04-10-06, 09:30 AM
Well honestly when I read the post I was thinking BS also. The reason I think BS is because there are so many 1stSgt's and SgtMaj's in your unit or area of Camp Pendleton that has been to the Drill field. I am sure you will find other Marines around also. You have a vast supply of info in Camp Pendleton. It is not like you are in BFE with 2 Marines. Then you ask the questions here. Hey I will give you that this is a great place for Marine info but man just go chat with your 1stSgt.

Lorix
04-10-06, 10:15 AM
:marine: :banana: :flag: Welcome aboard Jarhead. Got a question for you. Did the Drill Instructor School at MCRD San Diego Close?
I'm a former Drill Instructor, went there. One thing you probably should quit doing..."DON'T CALL IT DI SCHOOL." Your recruit's shouldn't, unless that's changed, hopefully it hasn't, (Or put 'em in the dirt), can't, won't, ever call a Drill Instructor "DI"....Once you graduate, you will very seldom use, DI school. It's sort of like a tradition, and also an insult to refer to a Drill Instructor as a DI......It's okay young man, go get some, OORAH!!! NOW CARRY ON MAGGOT'S.
I know the Drill Instructors I had had a thing about being called a DI (just like the Senior Drill Instructor wasn't to be referred to as just Senior), but if it's that big of an insult, why does it say DI on the back of their pt shirt? Just asking.

CplRios
04-10-06, 06:28 PM
I dont think you should have a problem knowing what to do to get yourself prepared for school man, you have been through bootcamp before so you should know that there isn't really anything to do but run your ass off and just get used to it. I plan on going to DI school sometime in 2007 when I return from Iraq so I'll be in the same boat. If you need any MCO's on the Drill Field, let me know and I'm sure i can get them to you, peace

redneck13
04-10-06, 06:32 PM
:flag: :evilgrin: I never had a T-Shirt with "DI" on it, when I went thru Drill Instructor school.
I can tell you this; "ONLY A DRILL INSTRUCTOR can call himself a "DI."
Even to this day when someone refer's to me as a "FORMER DI?", it don't set well with me. It's the "HONOR" in being a Drill Instructor that I think makes it difficult. Of course time changes, as do the way's of the Corps. Just don't let a recruit call you "DI.", that is, if you make it thru...."OOORAAAAHHHH!!" SF

CplRios
04-10-06, 06:34 PM
i dont know if that was for me or not but i'll take it into concideration.