PDA

View Full Version : 15 minutes with

thedrifter
04-03-06, 06:28 AM
15 minutes with
By Marilyn Forbes

Monday, April 3, 2006

In making a career choice, Holly Morgan decided to follow in the footsteps of her uncle, who was a dental hygienist in the Marines. She has never regretted that move.

Although she was born in Scottdale, Morgan moved to Mt. Pleasant when she was young. She graduated from Mt. Pleasant Area High School and attended Westmoreland County Community College. She transferred to the University of Pittsburgh's main campus, where she earned her degree in dental assisting. She worked for a few dentists before settling in with Dr. Jim McCloy and Dr. Jeff McCloy.

There aren't many people who can say that they go to the beach as a hobby, but Morgan can.

Morgan and her family travel to Virginia or Rehoboth beach four times a year. There they enjoy the water and the sun. Possessing a talent for the arts, Morgan loves to draw. From her younger drawing days, Snoopy was a favorite character to create on paper. Since then, she has collected Snoopy memorabilia.

When she was young, her grandmother started to teach her to play the piano. Soon after the lessons started, however, her grandmother died. But that didn't stop Morgan. She taught herself to read music and to play.

Morgan likes to take walks with her daughter, Haley. She also enjoys bike riding.

Her favorite television show is "All My Children." She also likes country music. She has helped with a number of organizations, including Students Against Destructive Decisions. She also did volunteer work with the handicapped through ARC.

Morgan likes to stay busy and take on as much of life and her surroundings as she can.

Q: What was the last movie that you saw?

A: "American Pie: Presents Band Camp," and I thought that it was pretty hilarious.

Q: Whom do you admire the most?

A: My dad, John. He's smart and intelligent, and he has always been an inspiration to me in life. He always encouraged me to do my best, and he's been a great role model.

Q: What person, living or dead, would you most like to meet?

A: I really can't think of anyone that really intrigues me.

Q: What is your favorite color?

A: Purple.

Q: What are your favorite hobbies?

A: Bike riding and drawing.

Q: What do you like the most about your job?

A: Meeting different people.

Q: What is your tip for leading a successful life?

A: Believe in yourself, and you can do anything.

Q: What do you consider to be perfect happiness?

A: Being happy with who you are and what you are doing.

Q: What is your favorite food?

A: Pasta.

Q: What talent would you most like to have?

A: To be able to sing.

Q: What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?

A: My daughter.

Q: If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?

A: I would have listened to my mother a lot more than I did.

Ellie