PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Tots

Cynrose
12-04-02, 05:24 PM
I usually just keep my tail in the poolee forum but I thought this was important to spread the word here also. Sorry for the intrusion, Marines.

But below I copy/pasted a message from another Marine on another board I visit and have his permission to post it so I am on the boards I visit.

Thanks for your time.

This came from www.usmcinfo.com.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Toys for Tots
The United States Marine Forces Reserve is once again proud to carry on our tradition of the Toys for Tots program this Christmas. Check out the Corporate sponsors link at www.toysfortots.org/2002/2002sponsors.html. There are many ways you can help the Toys for Tots program, including the donation of a toy.

Some of the Corporate sponsors have promotions which support our Toys for Tots program. One I would like you all to promote is the www.excedrin.com site, which I have placed a link to below. There is a Toys for Tots graphic on the home page. Please click on it once a day (the limit.) Each click will result in $1.00 being donated to Toys for Tots by Bristol-Myers Squibb. Tell your friends and enemies alike. We need all the clicks we can get for the needy kids.

Other sponsors have promotions that donate to Toys for Tots when you patronize them. Check out all the links.

I, like thousands of other Marine Reservists will be spending this weekend in my Blues at a Toys for Tots collection point. It is the greatest drill weekend of the year as far as I am concerned, and very rewarding. Gotta love that TV commercial, too. Classics never go out of style. Walt Disney designed the now famous Toys for Tots train logo (below) and created the first national Toys for Tots poster in 1948. Poolees should feel free to engage any Marines you see at a Mall this weekend with an OohRah! Tell the Marines you also want to EARN the title. Don't be bashful. We don't bite, we leave that for the DIs.

Thank you for your support of the Toys for Tots program.

Phrogman out

U.S. MARINE CORPS RESERVE TOYS FOR TOTS PROGRAM

MISSION: The mission of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.

GOAL: The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a shiny new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to needy youngsters that will motivate them to grow into responsible, productive, patriotic citizens and community leaders.

OBJECTIVES: The objectives of Toys for Tots are to help needy children throughout the United States experience the joy of Christmas; to play an active role in the development of our nation's most valuable natural resource - our children; to unite all members of local communities in a common cause for three months each year during the annual toy collection and distribution campaign; to contribute to better communities in the future.

ACTIVITIES: The principal Toys for Tots activities which take place each year are the collection and distribution of toys in the communities in which a Marine Corps Reserve Unit is located and in the communities without a Reserve Unit that has a Marine Corps League Detachment or group of men and women, generally veteran Marines, authorized by Marine Toys for Tots Foundation to conduct a local Toys for Tots campaign. Local Toys for Tots Campaign Coordinators conduct an array of activities throughout the year, which include golf tournament, foot races, bicycle races and other purely voluntary events designed to increase interest in Toys for Tots, and concurrently generate toy and monetary donations.

thedrifter
12-04-02, 08:32 PM
Come on folks........A Good Cause..........Start Clicking.......

Sempers,

Roger

I did it for today.............

USMCMex
12-04-02, 10:06 PM
I remember doing the toys for tots drive. It was an experience I will never forget. Knowing that you are out there giving some kid a Christmas that they thought they would not have, it just makes you feel real good about yourself. To this day I still give what I can and try to get as many people to do the same. Once a Marine always a Marine.