PDA

View Full Version : MOS School

jmcma
12-03-02, 09:38 PM
I was wondering how much free time was given at MOS during the day and on the weekends. My MOS is Motor T.

wrbones
12-03-02, 10:03 PM
If yer not yet a Marine, I'd think about boot camp first.

A litle more info maybe?

ecomsg68
12-03-02, 11:19 PM
Didn't we just have this similiar discuss on another thread ... somthing about giving advise on MOS!

I think it stand for 'ME OVER SEXED' or somthing like that!

:evilgrin: :bunny: :banana:

wrbones
12-03-02, 11:36 PM
ecomsg68,

they do this alla time. Post somethin' without lookin' at the Poolee or Mentor forums. I try to be nice til I figure they're trouble makers or just too ignorant to know any better. Ignorance can be fixed with teachin'. Stupidity can't.

Defintion: ignorance is not knowin' any better. Stupidity is knowin' better and doin' it anyway.

If they come back with the same question after bein told, then they must be stupid or troublemakers. Just my opinion of course. I have been wrong...once! LOL.

Most are scared ****less to go see a recruiter, in my opinion.

Nearly everything they need toknow has already been posted in the Poolee and Mentor forumes, where we also have a few current active duty recruiters looking things over when they got a minute. As a matter of fact, a couple of recruiters have posted contact info on those forums. Basically they're sayin', "Contact me, I'll answer all your questions!"

ecomsg68
12-03-02, 11:46 PM
35 years since I enlisted and those Recruiters were the best! If I recalled correctly they (a team of two) went over everthing with my bro and I. It was stressed and restressed that your selected MOS is a possible but not a certainty! You are signing this paper with a possiblity of becoming Marine, get thru BOOT and the CORPS (in all their infinite wisdom) will assign you a MOS.

:marine:

wrbones
12-04-02, 12:08 AM
Been twenty-six fer me. You could get a guaranteed MOS if ya paassed the tests for it and get through boot. 90% of the platoon went 0311!

firstsgtmike
12-04-02, 05:45 AM
Bones,

When an insurance claim is filed, it is reviewed for cause. They have a rubber stamp they love to use.

REJECTED. Stupidity is a pre-existing condition.