PDA

View Full Version : Letters to home

Kelcey
03-23-06, 02:31 PM
On Sunday I understand that you go to church for the 4 hours in the morning. Us back home are told that is your only relaxing time for the week. The recruits write letters to home during church but if caught they get in serious trouble. Is that the case, Or can someone walk me through a typical Sunday? Also is there any kind of free time outside of church like right before you hit the sack?

Marine84
03-23-06, 03:27 PM
Sundays are relaxing day but they still train - drill, shining this, polishing that, ironing this - and, yes, if they get caught writing letters in church (and I can't see how this could happen because there's no way you can sneak paper out with you to do it and if you do sneak paper out it's NOT a good idea) they will get in trouble. Unless things have changed, they'll get 1 hour of free time before lights out - you can write a letter or take that hour to get your stuff squared away for the next day. Don't try to do sneaky sh_t - it will only cause trouble for you and YOU DO NOT WANT TO STAND OUT IN THE CROWD!

militarypolice
03-27-06, 10:01 AM
remember out of sight out of mind. don't put attention on yourself

marinepride
07-21-06, 02:54 AM
For me you had 4 hours of free time in the morningon sundays and usually about and hour during the week. You either went to church or you did small stuff in the squad bay (cleaning and polishing). I usually did all on my letter writing at night during our hour of freetime after cammies and such were ready for the next day and the hour after church. It's hard at first to find the time, but after a few weeks you get a routine down and should have time to write during your free time.

vickymarine11
07-21-06, 03:56 PM
On Sundays you get 4 hours of square away time. It is up to you whether you choose to attend a church service or not. I recommend going to a church service because it will help you mentally throughout recruit training. During square away time most of my plattoon cleaned our foot lockers and rolled sleeves and just got our uniforms and gear ready for the week. You can pretty much do whatever you want during your square away time except for sleep in the rack. If you want you can do pull ups on the bar, crunches, etc and write letters. After square away time which ends at 1100 you go to chow and ususally do a field day. Also you usually have core value classes on Sunday and usually drill. Sundays are non training days. Throughout the week you are allowed one hour of square time each nite. So its better to save the letter writing for Sundays and do what you gotta do to get ready for the next training day during weekday square away time. If youre a female recruit work on your hair during Sunday square away time. If you got any questions I'll be more than happy to answer them. I'm fresh out of recruit training so I know what you'll be doing.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-22-06, 02:26 AM
You do not go to church for four hours, but you do go to church during that four hours. Even if you're not a "church person" I would tell you to go in boot camp. It is a great boost for the week ahead. And remember, the DI's may appreciate the time away from you as well.