PDA

View Full Version : Any military brats here?

USMCDaughter22
03-22-06, 01:00 PM
I am new to this website and as my screen name says, I am the daughter of a Marine. My dad was in Vietnam and my brother is also a Marine and was in Iraq at the start of the war in 2003. I'm just wondering if there are anymore Marine's kids on this forum? I would love to talk to some new people. Well I guess I could tell you more about myself....My dad was in Vietnam, way before I was born obviously because I'm 22 and he got out of the Corps a short time later, so I'm not really a military brat I suppose because I wasn't raised in the Corps. But as they say, Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine! My dad is still a Marine and I'd swear sometimes he'd be ready to get up and go show those boys in Iraq a thing or two! He doesn't realize, he's not as young and strong as he used to be, but I guess in his mind he could still fight with the best of 'em! My brother also followed in our dad's footsteps and joined the USMC. He got sent to Iraq in March 2003 when he was actually supposed to be EAS in March 2003. They did a Stop Loss/Stop Move but he was only in for a few more months. He misses it now and really wants to go back, and is consideing doing so.

Well I am just a proud Marine's kid as you can see! Just thought I'd introduce myself to you all. Semper Fi and God Bless! -A Marine's Daughter

MarineBrat1775
03-22-06, 01:23 PM
~Hello there! I too am a Marine Brat and very proud of it. My Dad was in for 20 plus years. He retired a Gunny out of Yuma AZ our last Duty station. I grew up in the corps moving ever year and half to 3 years. I would not trade any moment of it. I followed in my Mom's foot steps and married a Marine and he was in for 8 and half years. However he got out due to medical reasons. I miss the corps alot however it is always in my heart. I have a deep respect for those who are serving and who have severed. It is nice to meet another Marine Brat :usmc: . Do you think your brother will go back in? I know if my Dad and Husband could they would in a heart beat. Take care and Semper Fi~

"We Spit Nails While Other Kids Suck Cotton Candy" :flag:

USMCDaughter22
03-22-06, 01:32 PM
Hey! I too am currently dating a Marine by the way, and have dated other Marines in the past. I know you said you married one. Do you think it has alot to do with the fact that we grew up in it? Sometimes its like a Marine in the only breed of man I'm even interested in. LOL. As tough as it is sometimes, I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world, and sometimes I wish I couldn've been a "real military brat" and travel and live on military bases but my dad was out before I was born. I think my brother might go back in. He just misses it so much, and he has alot of friends that are still in Iraq and I guess he feels bad that he's not out there with them.

Well its good to meet another military brat! Thanks for writing me!

USMCDaughter22
03-22-06, 01:36 PM
By the way, I LOOOOOVE that quote, "We spit nails while other kids suck cotton candy" LOL! Thats funny and in alot of ways VERY true. My dad found a t-shirt for me that says Marine Corps Brat on in but the "Brat" part is an acronym that says "Born Raised And Trapped" LOL I think that is very true as well, seeing as you married a Marine and I am dating one. We just can't get away from it! (Don't think I would if I could)

MarineBrat1775
03-22-06, 02:17 PM
~That sounds like a really cute shirt. I know I was the same way I only dated Marines. I think it has something to do with the Blues. The look soo good in Dress Blues. I hope all goes well with you and your Marine. I know I would not have traded mine any for anything in the world. Being a Marine Brat has really helped to shape my life for the better.~

GySgtRet
03-22-06, 05:13 PM
Hello ladies. I would like to Welcome you both to the site. Sit down grab a stool and draw a cold one please.

Semper Fidelis

:yes: :flag:

ringoffire
03-22-06, 06:02 PM
Hi Ladies,

My dad was in the Air Force, only did 4 years and got out, way before I came along. The Husband on the other hand was an Army Brat. His dad retired from
the Army shortly before we married, He still works at the Pentagon. In fact his
office was damaged from the plane that crashed into it on 9/11. We are just
thankful he wasn't there that day.
The Husband and I four kids and they are all very much Marine Corps Brats. Our daughter and oldest son both want to join the Corps.
The T-Shirt sounds very cute.

MarineBrat1775
03-22-06, 07:23 PM
~Thank you for the warm welcome GySgt Reagle and thank you for the cold one!!!!! Ring Offire I am so glad your Father-Inlaw was not hurt. That must of been something. My Dad had a friend who also work at the Pentagon. He too was not at work that day. I wish both your son and daughter the best of luck if they both go into the Marine Corps. So is your husband still in?~

lprkn
03-22-06, 09:13 PM
A Marine brat, and now a Marine. My dad is a Sergeant Major, currently in the IRR.

ringoffire
03-23-06, 10:24 AM
MarineBrat1775-

Yes, The Husband is still in, he got back from Iraq last month. Our daughter
is in highschool, but tends to change her mind about what she wants to do
after graduation. Our son has been talking about being a Marine since he
could talk. We'll see where life takes them.

Kelcey
03-23-06, 02:16 PM
Hey there I was an Army brat growing up for a few years and then right after dessert strom my father got out becuase I didn't know who he was anymore because I hadn't seen him in a long time. As of now my boyfriend of four years is a member of the USMC and I am very proud of him and surport him 110%. I'm looking forward to leaving on bases and traveling again. I'm proud of our Men and Women.

"I'm proud of my Marine!"

redneck13
03-23-06, 05:37 PM
Hey Ladies? First of all welcome to the best site on the web.....Hey, know anybody in Texas looking for a Marine, I'm lonely, divorced, not a bad guy...If you do? Here's my e-mail pbail57@aol.com, I sure would like to have a nice lady in my company. I have the utmost respect for my equal women, and I need some help finding me a new mate. Thanks. SF to ya'll, again, welcome, sit down, I'll buy ya'll a round, 'cept the young 'un's, maybe a coke or pepsi, mtn dew, dr. pepper? LOL.

Changingforever
03-23-06, 09:31 PM
I am a Navy brat personally; father was in for 24 years, mother in for 6, and now my brother's in for God knows how long. Moved 19 times in 23 years, saw much of the world, and generally have had more experiences in the world than most get by the time they're fifty. lol Just really hard to keep a friend for more than a few years at that rate. hehe

bigolbronco83
03-24-06, 11:50 AM
welcome welcome

redneck13
03-25-06, 10:28 AM
What are you talking about by saying this? Did I miss something? It wasn't very nice, no matter what. Lighten up, K?:) :banana: :flag:
welcome welcome

DobbinsBlythe
03-26-06, 12:18 AM
I'm new to this too, and I'm glad to see that everyone seems pretty friendly here. I was an army brat, but my dad died when I was too young to really experience military life. I've been with my fiancee for around 3 years now, and he's a recruit at Parris Island right now. I'm looking forward to being married to a Marine (not yet, but he will be). I've heard a lot of rough things about married life in the Marines, but I'm doubting that it's really as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I'm guessing it's mostly immature kids thinking they're ready for marriage. (I'm a kid yes, immature, maybe, but I realize it). Anyway, I'm hoping more people reply to this thread and talk about their life as Marine brats. I want to know what my future kids are going to go through/deal with/encounter/enjoy. IM SO EXCITED!

-Maria

bigolbronco83
03-27-06, 08:26 AM
What are you talking about by saying this? Did I miss something? It wasn't very nice, no matter what. Lighten up, K?

????? wat ru talkin about? You talkin about my signature?
:!:

DobbinsBlythe
03-27-06, 09:36 AM
wow lol hostility over a signature! Haha, I think sometimes it's forgotten what website we're on HAHA.

-Maria